A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mussels

Re: A right now thread

Post by Mussels »

Just had a Chinook fly over my house at a very low level, hugging the treeline into the park opposite. The only time I've seen flying like that over residential areas was along the NI Border. Visibility isn't great either.
I'm in Sussex and nowhere near an airbase so WTF is going on?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Mussels wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:45 pm Just had a Chinook fly over my house at a very low level, hugging the treeline into the park opposite. The only time I've seen flying like that over residential areas was along the NI Border. Visibility isn't great either.
Duno, I get them over mine a lot, along with more common Apaches, that fly slow low while turning over my garden, I can see the instruments in the cock pit. The Apaches use the trees at the bottom of mine (in pairs) to play hide and seek behind, I assume practising getting radar locks.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Mussels wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:45 pm Just had a Chinook fly over my house at a very low level, hugging the treeline into the park opposite. The only time I've seen flying like that over residential areas was along the NI Border. Visibility isn't great either.
Practicing flying low near the treeline when there's no visibility probably. :D
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

Are you due a vaccination?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I'm sitting at home feeling wiped out!! Just back from Physio and have had 4 more exercises added to the 'list' that I do twice a day. The new four are a little more challenging that the 'old' ones!! :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
irie

Post by irie »

Watching proceedings against Trump in the Congress.

Does look like Trump's going to be impeached a 2nd time which will prohibit him from ever running for public office again. Which would of course suit the Republican party who want rid of him so I think they'll probably (?) vote for it in the Senate. What an amazing year: Brexit, Covid, and now this. Whatever next one wonders
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Watching the chase, I’d go down like a sack of shite
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

If you point an old TV remote control at them it'll frit up their equipment.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
irie

Post by irie »

Just watching Trump getting impeached in the House. First President ever to be impeached twice.

Next it goes to the Senate.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
slowsider

Post by slowsider »

irie wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:29 pm Just watching Trump getting impeached in the House. First President ever to be impeached twice.

Next it goes to the Senate.
He's a bit of a plum alright.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

irie wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 pm Watching proceedings against Trump in the Congress.

Does look like Trump's going to be impeached a 2nd time which will prohibit him from ever running for public office again. Which would of course suit the Republican party who want rid of him so I think they'll probably (?) vote for it in the Senate. What an amazing year: Brexit, Covid, and now this. Whatever next one wonders
It's almost like they wanted him to lead the angry mob and left the doors open for him! :hmmm: More division in a very volatile USA, I dont see this ending without more bloodshed. :cry:
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

6:20am. Just finished clearing up a pile of cat crap in the playroom. The youngest child locked the cat flap so the Moggie couldn't get out. She did it on some toy farmyard animals and a plastic fence. Thankfully she 'buried' it with a cushion.... While this was going on said child came down stairs and caused the dog to start barking. Child sent back to bed, dog told to STFU. When I came back in to the kitchen and stopped gagging the puppy looked at me, looked at the back door, looked at me again and proceeded to empty her bowels on the kitchen floor. Talk about a shit start to the day...
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

derek badger wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:01 am 6:20am. Just finished clearing up a pile of cat crap in the playroom. The youngest child locked the cat flap so the Moggie couldn't get out. She did it on some toy farmyard animals and a plastic fence. Thankfully she 'buried' it with a cushion.... While this was going on said child came down stairs and caused the dog to start barking. Child sent back to bed, dog told to STFU. When I came back in to the kitchen and stopped gagging the puppy looked at me, looked at the back door, looked at me again and proceeded to empty her bowels on the kitchen floor. Talk about a shit start to the day...
Very apt given your avatar :D
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Just made pork, apple and black pudding sausage rolls.

David

Post by David »

derek badger wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:32 pm Just made pork, apple and black pudding sausage rolls.

Keep the cats and dogs away from them.
Skub

Post by Skub »

derek badger wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:01 am 6:20am. Just finished clearing up a pile of cat crap in the playroom. The youngest child locked the cat flap so the Moggie couldn't get out. She did it on some toy farmyard animals and a plastic fence. Thankfully she 'buried' it with a cushion.... While this was going on said child came down stairs and caused the dog to start barking. Child sent back to bed, dog told to STFU. When I came back in to the kitchen and stopped gagging the puppy looked at me, looked at the back door, looked at me again and proceeded to empty her bowels on the kitchen floor. Talk about a shit start to the day...
If you can't beat 'em. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Scratching my head over the logistics of getting the IT infrastructure set up a new office in Lviv, Ukraine without being able to go there. Dealign remotely with local ISP and contractors who don't often speak English, borders are shut, up to 40% import duty on any new kit shipped in etc. We've closed an office in Krakow and need to move kit from there, it sounds like it's going to involve some creative customs forms and brown envelopes.

Just been Googling Lviv and I'm gutted I can't go out there at the minute, looks a really amazing place with tons of history and culture, sort of a Silicon Valley for Ukraine. Then I scrolled down and saw it's twinned with Rochdale...
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

derek badger wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:12 am Scratching my head over the logistics of getting the IT infrastructure set up a new office in Lviv, Ukraine without being able to go there. Dealign remotely with local ISP and contractors who don't often speak English, borders are shut, up to 40% import duty on any new kit shipped in etc. We've closed an office in Krakow and need to move kit from there, it sounds like it's going to involve some creative customs forms and brown envelopes.

Just been Googling Lviv and I'm gutted I can't go out there at the minute, looks a really amazing place with tons of history and culture, sort of a Silicon Valley for Ukraine. Then I scrolled down and saw it's twinned with Rochdale...
Is the duty reduced for 2nd hand kit?
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Mussels wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:17 pm
derek badger wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:12 am Scratching my head over the logistics of getting the IT infrastructure set up a new office in Lviv, Ukraine without being able to go there. Dealign remotely with local ISP and contractors who don't often speak English, borders are shut, up to 40% import duty on any new kit shipped in etc. We've closed an office in Krakow and need to move kit from there, it sounds like it's going to involve some creative customs forms and brown envelopes.

Is the duty reduced for 2nd hand kit?
I hope so as we're trying to lift and shift all the infrastructure from a closed Polish office to the new Ukraine one.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Never work with kids and animals. :mrgreen: