Dovi and Ducati

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Re: Dovi and Ducati

Post by Yorick »

lostboy

Post by lostboy »

Shock horror, Ducati are a shit show. I can't say I'm surprised by anything in that article and that disappoints me. How many riders is going to take to say "they won't listen to us" before someone in that factory finally does something about it and they get that last 5% needed to get them their world title again?
Skub

Post by Skub »

Fascinating stuff.

"These [rider] decisions come only from Gigi. We talk about Ducati but it's wrong, all the decisions made since he has been there, are his," Dovizioso said.

"There was never a real proposal. It was said that Dovizioso asked for this or Ducati could give this... all lies. We never negotiated, above all an offer never arrived. And, therefore, we have never rejected a low one.

"I remember more the good results. 2017, 2018 and a little bit of 2019 were spectacular," he reflected. "'DesmoDovi' was not just a name. I gave my soul, I really believed in this project. Unlike some people in Ducati who have always seen me as not trying hard enough..."

If you were Miller or Bagnaia,you'd be taking note.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
G.P

Post by G.P »

Let's hope Ducati take note too. Miller is a potential world champ and the factory team seems the antithesis of the satellite team in terms of its togetherness and spirit.
I don't think Miller will be as patient or diplomatic if he thinks Gigi is short changing him?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Engineers can make about 95% max. The last 5% is always the rider.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

G.P wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:54 pm Let's hope Ducati take note too. Miller is a potential world champ and the factory team seems the antithesis of the satellite team in terms of its togetherness and spirit.
I don't think Miller will be as patient or diplomatic if he thinks Gigi is short changing him?
I don't think Miller is quite as good as Dovi.