How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
ogri

Re: How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

Post by ogri »

Glad they came through that Tricky, good job they had you two to look out for them :)
Ignorance is bliss
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Chillit, really sorry to hear mate, horrible experience and I feel for you.

Tricky, glad you and your folks are all ok. Sounds like you had a very trying time.

Mick
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Tricky, I did a little of that for both my parents and as you say, it's not a job a lot of people will go looking for. Good effort, both of you.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

636mick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:06 pm Chillit, really sorry to hear mate, horrible experience and I feel for you.

Tricky, glad you and your folks are all ok. Sounds like you had a very trying time.

Mick
Ditto.
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

636mick wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:06 pm Chillit, really sorry to hear mate, horrible experience and I feel for you.

Mick
I second that.

A mix of good and bad news.

Life can really test you at times.

We're all about ready for a break from this. It makes bad stuff even worse.

Here's to better times.
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'm not saying our family has turned into a bunch of rednecks, but my eldest son had a Banjo delivered this morning !! :) :)
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

G.P wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:02 pm I'm not saying our family has turned into a bunch of rednecks, but my eldest son had a Banjo delivered this morning !! :) :)
It could be worse ! I've got two already.......... Don't seem to have enough fingers to play one though !
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

G.P wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:02 pm I'm not saying our family has turned into a bunch of rednecks, but my eldest son had a Banjo delivered this morning !! :) :)
Im not saying Im more of a redneck, but Im making one of these to go on the back of a tractor thats just like this, but currently in a skip... :D
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

It took me 23 years to escape the Redneck, it's not a good way to live.
Honda Owner
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

We're on a 4 day full lockdown here in Turkey. Marmaris is obeying the rules it seems but still has some tourists wandering about.

It's a facebook video (sorry)

Skub

Post by Skub »

I don't think my old Ten has ever been so clean. Normally by this time of year it would be under a quarter inch layer of custard filled flies.

Sigh. :(

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

You still have the ten! That model is about the only sports bike I like. Dunno what it is about them, but there is something about them.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Skub wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:24 pm
Still looks ace.
Scary bikes, you need a big set of stones to thrash one of those.
CbfRider

Post by CbfRider »

No lockdown in Sweden, people are still going out to restaurants and bars as if nothing is happening. ;) :shock:

We currently have the worst figures in the Nordic region somewhat unsurprisingly but their aim is to avoid a second wave that is worse which they think will happen to all countries that locked down. The stats are rather questionable since they weren't including those who died at home and recently decided basically 15 million people in Sweden would have this which is rather interesting since the population is only 10 million. I am somewhat cynical right now on the Swedish governments handling of this and how bad it is given they are still refusing to test widely and a lot of people are still not social distancing. But as said, we will see in the long run if the short term pain means less in the long term.

But it does mean that while I can work at home and avoid people I am free to take the bike out for a spin when the weather is good on the nice empty Swedish roads :D
20190621_223740.jpg
20190621_223740.jpg (431.71 KiB) Viewed 2725 times
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I left the village into a town today for the first time in a month, i was astounded just how many cars there were about, how many people chatting and how many people with open shops etc. Way more than i expected.

I guess living in a small village and only cycling to a few other villages you kinda don't see a real represntation of the world at the moment, only quite an insular view of it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

This picture was posted on a local FB page. It's the rush hour going through Docklands in London. So much for a lockdown then! :wtf:

G.P

Post by G.P »

I drove 175 miles this morning (picking my son up from HMS Dragon in Portsmouth). I'd only done this trip at a weekend since lockdown when the roads were deserted apart from Haulage and Ambulances. This morning was much busier but the M3 / M27 only had about 10-20% of the traffic you'd expect to see at 8.00am on a weekday morning.
I managed to the round trip in 3 hours, a hour less than you'd usually expect. There were lots more cars on the road but I suppose everyone in the essential services has to commute still, so not really surprising.
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Had a bit of a potter shopping today, Aldi this time and there's quite a few people there today struggling with the concept of two metres.
Must have been in a rush to get home and do fuckall.

Could really do with the council tip opening as theres a fair bit I want to get shot of.
Its not a place I'd usually consider that much of an issue as far as social distancing is concerned, rock up, open the car, carry stuff into recycling/general waste/metals/whatever skip then leave.

There's workers there that often help out but they don't realmy need to, its just a bit faster if they do.
Skub

Post by Skub »

demographic wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:25 pm Had a bit of a potter shopping today, Aldi this time and there's quite a few people there today struggling with the concept of two metres.
Must have been in a rush to get home and do fuckall.

Could really do with the council tip opening as theres a fair bit I want to get shot of.
Its not a place I'd usually consider that much of an issue as far as social distancing is concerned, rock up, open the car, carry stuff into recycling/general waste/metals/whatever skip then leave.

There's workers there that often help out but they don't realmy need to, its just a bit faster if they do.
Some of our local tips have opened again,but it's only one car in at a time,so the queues are longer than I can be bothered with. Now that I've sold the scooter,I badly need to do a garage clearout. We had a dry/sunny spell here for about 4 weeks,which has ended today.

Nothing is lining up properly..lovely dry weather,perfect for a tidy up,but no tip open.
Tip now open and the weather turned wet. :thumbdown:

Meh.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Skub wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Some of our local tips have opened again,but it's only one car in at a time,so the queues are longer than I can be bothered with. Now that I've sold the scooter,I badly need to do a garage clearout. We had a dry/sunny spell here for about 4 weeks,which has ended today.

Nothing is lining up properly..lovely dry weather,perfect for a tidy up,but no tip open.
Tip now open and the weather turned wet. :thumbdown:

Meh.

Yeah, off work with loads of time but not much money, can't get stuff from the buiders merchants either.
Time to sort out and have a chuck out, tips closed.

Lockdown and ace weather.

Pretty sure Joseph Heller wrote a book about this kind of shit years ago.