Energica Eva super naked.

Anything you like about motorbikes
G.P

Re: Energica Eva super naked.

Post by G.P »

Skub wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:29 pm I'm still campaigning to make them sound like Tie Fighters.
Fuckin' youth,wasted on the young.

;)
I used that same quote today after being sent a GIF of some cavorting skimpette :shock: :D
crust

Post by crust »

Thats got to be in the menu somewhere.

Pick a sound, in a hurry - March of the Valkyries, just cruising - Vienese Waltz, in town - the theme from Jaws
Skub

Post by Skub »

G.P wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:33 pm
Skub wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:29 pm I'm still campaigning to make them sound like Tie Fighters.
Fuckin' youth,wasted on the young.

;)
I used that same quote today after being sent a GIF of some cavorting skimpette :shock: :D
Cavorting skimpettes eh? I feel like I may almost remember them. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Yeah, I like that.
A decent step in the right direction.
Quiet, decent power, enough range for all I care about realistically.
Be nice if it was cheaper but with luck enough people will buy em new and take the depreciation hit and ideally a mate buys one new so I know when they're sick of it and want to flog it on.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

~250 miles in town or ~120 'Highway' so probably somewhere in the low hundreds on A roads.

It takes 40 minutes to charge 80% on a faster charger, the lower powered ones can add 40 miles for every hour plugged in.

Its getting to the point where you could conceivably do a track day on one, maybe even there already.
demographic

Post by demographic »

I get about a hundred miles before I have to knock mine onto reserve. To be honest, if I'm going further than that I'd usually rather take the van anyway.
I fully appreciate that my younger self would pour scorn on my current self for saying that but my current self often thinks my younger self was a knob and doesnt give a toss.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

How heavy is it. ? Looks nice though. 👍
Yamaha rocket 3
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

270kg at the kerb, compared to about 210-220kg for the 1290 or V4 Streetfighter.

It has pretty much twice the torque of those bikes, all of which will be available at pretty much any speed.

I can't imagine tyres will last long :D
Skub

Post by Skub »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:37 pm 270kg at the kerb
That's a deal breaker for sure. :(

That's 63kgs heavier than my Z and it's no skinny thang.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I would have to ride one...the power delivery of EVs is so different that you'd have to try it.

Also, I'm 75-80kg in my leathers. Plenty of people ride with two 90-100kg passengers etc. Weight is less of an issue than people think I reckon. But yeah, it's no ballet dancer.

Couple of quotes from MCN...

Happily, the Energica’s chassis is tight and clatter-free, but its bulk causes a lots of weight transfer through the forks when you roll-off the throttle. There’s some vagueness and instability tipping into corners, but on the straights those kilos actually help the ride quality, stamping out bumps in its path...

...Brembos are strong but need a big squeeze and a dab of rear if you want to get 270kg of metal, plastic and battery stopped in a hurry, but adjustable engine braking control (four settings) gives a helping hand and regenerates power...

...In in fact it pulls even harder because with all that weight squishing down on its tyres the Energica just digs in and goes, barely lifting its front wheel. And with no gear changes to interrupt its ferocious thrust it’s almost a relief to neck muscles when it hits its 125mph limit.

It gets better. A petrol-powered engine would sell its soul for the Energica’s flawless throttle manners, linear torque curve and you quickly get used to its easy, super-scooter-like twist and go-ness...
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

Missing? The passenger seat... as usual.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:51 pm I would have to ride one...the power delivery of EVs is so different that you'd have to try it.

Also, I'm 75-80kg in my leathers. Plenty of people ride with two 90-100kg passengers etc. Weight is less of an issue than people think I reckon. But yeah, it's no ballet dancer.

Couple of quotes from MCN...

Happily, the Energica’s chassis is tight and clatter-free, but its bulk causes a lots of weight transfer through the forks when you roll-off the throttle. There’s some vagueness and instability tipping into corners, but on the straights those kilos actually help the ride quality, stamping out bumps in its path...

...Brembos are strong but need a big squeeze and a dab of rear if you want to get 270kg of metal, plastic and battery stopped in a hurry, but adjustable engine braking control (four settings) gives a helping hand and regenerates power...

...In in fact it pulls even harder because with all that weight squishing down on its tyres the Energica just digs in and goes, barely lifting its front wheel. And with no gear changes to interrupt its ferocious thrust it’s almost a relief to neck muscles when it hits its 125mph limit.

It gets better. A petrol-powered engine would sell its soul for the Energica’s flawless throttle manners, linear torque curve and you quickly get used to its easy, super-scooter-like twist and go-ness...
Written by an idiot. Any bike can be smooth if the suspension is set up correctly. I can set the Husky up to glide over rough terrain if I wanted to.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Yeah that one always grates me too...there's pretty much no downside to lower weight, you just need to correct spring rates.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:04 pm Yeah that one always grates me too...there's pretty much no downside to lower weight, you just need to correct spring rates.
I remember some Muppet on VD saying that 125s at the TT would benefit from a bag of sand to make it more stable :crazy:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If weight were good they wouldn't have a minimum weight limit in pretty much every pro motorsport category.
demographic

Post by demographic »

IIRC, the sprung to unsprung weight ratio greatly affects percieved ride smoothness.
Heavy bike (and rider, ahem) with light wheels being smoother feeling than a light bike (and scrawny runt) with heavy wheels.

Or at least it's a damn site simpler to set the suspension for.

Thats why unsprung mass is lessened as much as possible and part of the reason why supermotos (the proper ones back when they were 100 kilo bikes with fatter tyres and often heavier wheels than standard) can be a bit harsh over stutter bumps.
Thats why John Robinson used magnesium Dymags on his CR500 engined hillclimb racer.
There's also the rotating mass and how it affects acceleration and deceleration but thats another matter.

Obviously theres more to it than that but its a start.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Oh God, I've got the beardy weirdy agreeing with me :shock:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

demographic wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:18 pm IIRC, the sprung to unsprung weight ratio greatly affects percieved ride smoothness.
Heavy bike (and rider, ahem) with light wheels being smoother feeling than a light bike (and scrawny runt) with heavy wheels.

Or at least it's a damn site simpler to set the suspension for.

Thats why unsprung mass is lessened as much as possible and part of the reason why supermotos (the proper ones back when they were 100 kilo bikes with fatter tyres and often heavier wheels than standard) can be a bit harsh over stutter bumps.
Thats why John Robinson used magnesium Dymags on his CR500 engined hillclimb racer.
There's also the rotating mass and how it affects acceleration and deceleration but thats another matter.

Obviously theres more to it than that but its a start.
Totally off topic, but I do wonder if/when we'll see lightweight carbon ceramic brakes on road bikes. You can get them on a fucking Renault Megane* now, so surely bikes can't be far off.

Maybe they don't like being out in the outside world exposed to shite.

*OK that was a ridiculous £70k special edition, but you can get em on reasonably mundane jags and BMs now
demographic

Post by demographic »

Likely as soon as China wants to make em cheaper, same as carbon fibre pushbikes.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Yorick wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:32 pm I want mine to sound like a WWII Lancaster bomber please :)
Fixed it for ye... :D