What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
derek badger

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by derek badger »

Just joined a video call to be told that my entire office is closing. About 50 people at risk of redundancy. What a fucking great time for this to happen.
Treadeager

Post by Treadeager »

Nil Desperandum DB...... easier said than done...

“Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Reinhold Niebuhr AMERICAN THEOLOGIAN

Try not to spoil the lovely smiles of your saucepan lids . Come back on here and moan at us bastids !

You seem like the sort of guy who will take everything in your stride . It stinks..... It happened to me a long time ago , so I can sympathise .

Best of Luck from us all .
Hot_Air

Post by Hot_Air »

I discovered there were more topics in Cycling than Track Days in this forum today.

Is there a virus around that's converting people into cyclists? :crazy:
erizo

Post by erizo »

i had to do a supply run for my father who lives 50kms from here.

i heard the guardia civil had checkpoints around, so got in touch with one of my clients who is a guardia to check up what the score was, and he said any problems to get them to phone him. that was a relief!

the supermarket had an online order and pick up in the car park, so did that, then went out into the sticks to deliver.

VERY few cars around, and didn´t see anyone until i got to the village near his house. things are being taken notice of here and folks are staying in.

on the motorway there and the way back (a 10km section) it was just trucks and maybe half a dozen cars in total. saw one checkpoint but in the other direction to what i was travelling.

spent the rest of the afternoon reading, building big structures in fallout, and keeping the kids amused.

low key, but not boring either ;)
did i just type that?....aw crap!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Hot_Air wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:40 pm I discovered there were more topics in Cycling than Track Days in this forum today.

Is there a virus around that's converting people into cyclists? :crazy:
I think so. Be careful, it seem to be catching!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Cycled for 30 minutes in the garage (on the trainer), hung the washing out - it dried very nicely even though it was forecast to rain and smelt of “outside”, went for a walk. Now listening to some music.
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went outside this morning and sat in the sun :) Trying to get my Celtic blue legs to go at least magnolia before lockdown ends!! LOL (They almost never go brown!)

Seems I've got a bit of sunburn - not on my legs :(

This afternoon I've mostly been knitting :D :D Soooo rock n roll but would be cool to actually finish the projectt :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Work, finished planning staff numbers for the next 6 days, plus the 9 after that, then planned for the managers to work from home. Which means I have spent most of the time since I got home creating an office out of my spare room. Nice view over the fields to the farm, 2 days wfh, then 3 lates in the office to look forward to.
Mick, planning a lie in tomorrow.
Silly Car

Post by Silly Car »

Started in the kitchen around 10.30am and finished just before 4pm...
  • Baked potatoes cooked up for lunches throughout the next couple of weeks (now in freezer)
    Veg prepped for Easter Sunday roast beef dinner (Pretty impressed by the amount of fresh veg we managed to source)
    Batter made for Yorkshire’s
    Easter egg cheesecakes made (yep, white chocolate cheesecake in half chocolate egg with more chocolate on top)
    Cauliflower cheese made
    Beef joint roasted and gravy made
    Yorkies and roast potatoes a plenty
By the time it was served, I wasn’t that bothered by it all, but the family loved it and wolfed the lot down.

Now enjoying the remnants of the Pinot Noir in the relative silence* of the house (kids are on top floor, we are in the basement).

* first time we’ve had peace in nearly four weeks since the last child moved back in (making 5 adults in residence).
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Sliced up the ham my wife cooked last night, managed not to eat any of it (being a converted vegetarian does have low points) and had some of her savoury challah bread with home made garlic butter and egg mayonnaise and my share of the can of beer we split. Light exercises in the garden to get the blood flowing. Wife needs to find plans for the bird feeder she wants me to construct and then we can have blackbirds eating in safety away from the neighbours cat. Our who innocent felines would not entertain eating birds.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Got up at 6:00, by 9:00 I was outside with the 3yr old digging over patch of the garden for sunflowers while he (dressed as a fire chief I must add) put out flaming buildings I had drawn in chalk on the fence panels, with the hosepipe. :)

10:00- 12:00 a series of video calls about redundancies etc. with those I am representing over the office closure consultation.

14:00 Start 8 hr online training session with US for O365 exchange administration. 1hr lunch break was spent discussing the logistics of moving and/or decommissioning elements of the the datacentre. Course overran, just finished the last of today's lab modules and I'm eating leftover Sunday roast with a glass of wine. The other 4 members of the household are asleep.

Tomorrow is my birthday, I'll only get a couple of hours with the kids before HR meetings and more online training. I shouldn't moan really, the fact that one of the directors asked me to attend means they might have have a position secured for me at the end of all this shit.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Just finished the weekly cleaning. Now catching up on the Pop Master spreadsheet whilst having a cup of strong coffee. I am surprisingly chilled.... :)
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

derek badger wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:44 pm
Tomorrow is my birthday, I'll only get a couple of hours with the kids before HR meetings and more online training. I shouldn't moan really, the fact that one of the directors asked me to attend means they might have have a position secured for me at the end of all this shit.
Happy Birthday! :thumbup: I hope you manage to sort your job situation. Someone once told me 'when one door closes another always opens' so I am sure something positive will come out of this.

Cool thing to do with the fence drawing and fireman game by the way! 8-)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Had a phone appointment with my Doctor about my asthma/breathing difficulties. Some advice on using a steroid asthma pump with a warning that I may be displaying mild corona virus symptoms! :shock:

Fitted a new air filter to my scoot and started it up, which it did instantly. Also fired up the car which also started instantly,and I whizzed it round the block too. Looking at it I don't know whether to wash it or plant something in it! :lol:

derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Taipan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 pm

I think I just heard Weeksy fall off his chair...
Skub

Post by Skub »

Taipan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 pm Had a phone appointment with my Doctor about my asthma/breathing difficulties. Some advice on using a steroid asthma pump with a warning that I may be displaying mild corona virus symptoms! :shock:
Take your wheezy self out of this thread Tiepin,before you confect us all. :thumbdown:

GWS man.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I sound like a 2 stroke! :crazy: :lol:
Potter

Post by Potter »

Taipan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:08 pm I sound like a 2 stroke! :crazy: :lol:
If you smell like one as well then you're welcome in our house :thumbup:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Skub wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:33 pm
Taipan wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 pm Had a phone appointment with my Doctor about my asthma/breathing difficulties. Some advice on using a steroid asthma pump with a warning that I may be displaying mild corona virus symptoms! :shock:
Take your wheezy self out of this thread Tiepin,before you confect us all. :thumbdown:

GWS man.
Dibs on the .... ah feck, no thanks... GWS chap.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Hi Taipan How are you doing? Seems people keep getting CV symptoms on the forums! Hope you’re getting through it and doing OK? :|