Anything you like about motorbikes
weeksy
Site Admin

HARRYYYYYYYYYY, Fantic stuff.

Post by weeksy »

cheb

Re: HARRYYYYYYYYYY, Fantic stuff.

Post by cheb »

I like the look of that, swap the headlight for a trad one, lose the gold on the forks and it's even better.
GuzziPaul

Post by GuzziPaul »

That's nice, suspected it was just a rebadged chinese thing, but appears to be all Italian apart from the Yamaha engine. I've still got my original Bell Moto III in the loft, I might have to dig it out and look even more super trendy and cool riding the Le Mans
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Hmm, been thinking of sticking some MT60s on the NCX. Then I'll get some pics of me roosting the tourists in Hyde Park!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Hmm. I like it. :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

I really like it, you can't get them here and it's not worth the hassle of importing one and trying to get it registered when it's not on the system.

If the world ever gets back to normal I might buy the 125cc version for the UK, so I can play and the kids (who are all seventeen or older) can use it to potter about on.
I was planning a Honda Grom* for the same thing but I reckon one of these would be better.

*We had one and our eldest daughter used it every day to get to work, but when she moved out here we sold it because it wouldn't be getting used.
A_morti

Post by A_morti »

Groms are brilliant for playing and running around town. They're an absolute riot to ride. But even at 100kg their 8hp engines mean they're not a proper bike and shouldn't be bought to do the duties of one.

With a little extra patience, a full 15hp 125cc can do most everything a full size bike can. Just a bit slower.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

A_morti wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:09 am Groms are brilliant for playing and running around town. They're an absolute riot to ride. But even at 100kg their 8hp engines mean they're not a proper bike and shouldn't be bought to do the duties of one.

With a little extra patience, a full 15hp 125cc can do most everything a full size bike can. Just a bit slower.
Well, apart from keeping up with motorway traffic, keeping up with other bikes, keeping up on a trackday, touring, well, basically yeah, anything that involves riding a motorbike.
Funners

Post by Funners »

Abel went for a test ride on one of these at the begining of the year the Caballero if I recall correctly, he had in his words "already bought it" in his head and was well up for it.
he was given the demo bike for pretty much the whole day with a comment along the lines of.." it might be fluffy low down as weve been doing some mapping on it"
apparently it spent the whole day dropping into limp mode, having to be stopped, switched off, re started, sometime it'd last half an hour, sometime 5 mins before needing to be re started.
ISTR him mentionng various other niggles as well which all combined saw him walking away with his cash firmly still in his pocket and then buying (another KTM)
shame as it looks to be well made but needs some TLC to be a realistic purchase :think:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

My head keeps getting turned by bikes like this, I think yeah, that looks good and would be fun to ride, but the expectation is always better than the reality.

I ride the bike for work and I ride it for days out and camping trips. If I’m out on it my minimum mileage is around 270 - 300 miles. I’ve tried different bikes but always come back to the GSA. Mr Precictable.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Until recently though when KTM sacked them the bigger Fantic was only fractionally cheaper than a 690 KTM which is better in every way apart from maybe looks.

The Yam engine is only in the 125, other than that its a Chinese bike with Italian styling for proper money.

I had a good look at the fantics at Krazy Horse, nice looking but I wouldn't pay the same as I did for my Duke for one.
Potter

Post by Potter »

Supermofo wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:54 pm Until recently though when KTM sacked them the bigger Fantic was only fractionally cheaper than a 690 KTM which is better in every way apart from maybe looks.

The Yam engine is only in the 125, other than that its a Chinese bike with Italian styling for proper money.

I had a good look at the fantics at Krazy Horse, nice looking but I wouldn't pay the same as I did for my Duke for one.
That's mainly the reason I haven't bought one, I was on the Fantic FB group and the complaints put me off, I wouldn't have any support for one out here, no dealers or spares, etc. The support for the current ones in the UK is a bit naff in places as well.

But if the 125 is a Yamaha, then I might be tempted for the UK, if it means spares/support improves, plus my lad is hassling me for a bike, out here he's getting a 390 KTM, but in the UK he'll have to have a 125 until he's passed his test.