New bike thread!

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Taipan

Re: New bike thread!

Post by Taipan »

My NCX has a switchable indicator bleeper on it. I turned it off deciding it was stupid, although its kinda amusing as its ever so slightly off key! But, I am terrible for leaving my indicators on so I thought i'd give it a go.

In London, people often walk around glued to their phones and walk out in front of bikes as you turn into the street. Not any more now I have super bleeper on. I think its because it does sound the same as a lorry reversing! :D
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've got a datatool beeper unopened on the shelf in the garage, it was bought 20 odd years ago to be fitted to my dad's Thunderbird Sport because he kept leaving the blood things on all the time... he never got round to fitting it.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I set it off on purpose twice in the works car park yesterday just to startle people and see them quickly look round for a lorry!I'll get some mileage out of this for sure! :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:16 pm I set it off on purpose twice in the works car park yesterday just to startle people and see them quickly look round for a lorry!I'll get some mileage out of this for sure! :D
That's not funny. And it's very childish.

Where can I get one ? ;)
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

My Acraprovic arrived without a link pipe- I've ordered one for 10 quid anyway -Its a good looking bit of fakery .
Pics on fitting (and noise report)
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Got a puncture on the way home tonight. I decided to do some, greenlaning, well unmade road really. Picked up a length of bailing wire in the rear tyre for my troubles. :roll: I unsurprisingly found out Michelin Pilot 2s are shit off road! Nearly dropped the bike about 5 times as the back wheel kept spinning up and outwards. :lol:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

LOL sometimes you're an unlucky bugger.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

asmethurst99 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:36 pm My Acraprovic arrived without a link pipe- I've ordered one for 10 quid anyway -Its a good looking bit of fakery .
Pics on fitting (and noise report)
Blast me Bor ....it turned up today .. Saturday taken care of
Skub

Post by Skub »

Taipan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 pm Got a puncture on the way home tonight. I decided to do some, greenlaning, well unmade road really. Picked up a length of bailing wire in the rear tyre for my troubles. :roll: I unsurprisingly found out Michelin Pilot 2s are shit off road! Nearly dropped the bike about 5 times as the back wheel kept spinning up and outwards. :lol:
weeksy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:42 pm LOL sometimes you're an unlucky bugger.
And sometimes you make your own luck. ;)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

It was fun at the time but look at the state of my previously gleaming bike! :shock:

The bastard bailing wore took a bite out of my hugger too! :roll:

On the plus side it has new wheel bearings! 8-)

asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Does yours have a hugger ? My shock is looking really manky but the collective wisdom of the NC forum is they don't work
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

asmethurst99 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:48 pm Does yours have a hugger ? My shock is looking really manky but the collective wisdom of the NC forum is they don't work
Yes I do, but looking at the rear shock, no they don't! :lol: Looks like one of these is the answer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/283739064447

I've just cleaned the bike after its recent off road excursion. :oops: Bike has been treated with some really nice protective products as it washes really clean with minimum effort. Its clearly been someone's pride and joy as I've noticed things like little fastners that would rust have been silver painted. I'll look after it a bit better now. I'd like to get that shifter pin done really as it nags at me...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Even easier to fit than a hugger!

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

When I had the rear wheel out, I damaged something as the ABS light was flashing the whole time I rode it to work and back today. Checked the sensor wire incase I'd nicked it, but it's fine.So as I suspected I'd dented the ABS ring. Only a small dent but it doesn't take a lot for these to be out. I've manged to prise it back out again and it looks like gap is pretty even all round now, so hopefully that's sorted it, but as its now pissing down it'll be Friday before I find out!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:52 pm When I had the rear wheel out, I damaged something as the ABS light was flashing the whole time I rode it to work and back today. Checked the sensor wire incase I'd nicked it, but it's fine.So as I suspected I'd dented the ABS ring. Only a small dent but it doesn't take a lot for these to be out. I've manged to prise it back out again and it looks like gap is pretty even all round now, so hopefully that's sorted it, but as its now pissing down it'll be Friday before I find out!
Had to move the bike to put some light sup, so I whizzed up my road and its all sorted. Phew!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Thought I’d cut across the farm tracks tonight, but it looked a bit boggy to say the least, so as I’m on road tyres I decided it was probably best I didn’t! 😬 Took a photo and had a look round the bike and noticed strange amber light is actually a lens cover. I took it off and it’s a Normslly bright and annoying DRL! 😅

Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Just got shipping notification from webike in Japan. Looks like my centre stand bracket is on its way, which in turn, means I may get the Fakerapovic fitted soon! :D

State occurrence date
(In local time if occurred overseas) Shipping track record Details Office Prefecture / Country
ZIP code(Postal code number)
12/20/2020 16:57 Posting/Collection YAMATO KANAGAWA
242-8799
12/20/2020 22:53 Arrival at outward office of exchange TOKYO INT TOKYO
138-8799
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:48 pm
asmethurst99 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:48 pm Does yours have a hugger ? My shock is looking really manky but the collective wisdom of the NC forum is they don't work
Yes I do, but looking at the rear shock, no they don't! :lol: Looks like one of these is the answer.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/283739064447

I've just cleaned the bike after its recent off road excursion. :oops: Bike has been treated with some really nice protective products as it washes really clean with minimum effort. Its clearly been someone's pride and joy as I've noticed things like little fastners that would rust have been silver painted. I'll look after it a bit better now. I'd like to get that shifter pin done really as it nags at me...
My shock protector turned up today, so I'll get the hugger off and that fitted over the Xmas break. I'll be pleased to do that as I'm never really keen on the look of huggers for soem reason?
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

My Firestorm had similar as standard and it was really good. I even thought of cobbling up something similar for the 690 as the swingarm and shock get pebble dashed
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I went out to remove the hugger and fit this thing on and then realised the hugger is also the chainguard! D'oh! S/hand one from ebay for £10 delivered is now winging its way to me...