N.Y.E. Plans ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

N.Y.E. Plans ?

Post by Yorick »

Over here all the bars and restaurants need to be closed and locked by 12:00, so it was gonna be damp squib. But all the bars and restaurant in the square, have agreed to celebrate the Spanish mainland NYE, which will be at 11:00 here :) Then we can all have a drinky after.

So we're gonna nip home at 11:30 and invite some pals round to see in the NY here and watch all the fireworks from the top balcony. The big hotel display has been cancelled but there'll be loads of smaller ones. We can see for miles up there :)

Fizz and beer till 1:15 so folk can get home before the 1:30 curfew kicks in.
KungFooBob

Re: N.Y.E. Plans ?

Post by KungFooBob »

Sit at home and watch the telly.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bars all closed. Houses all closed.

Beers at home with Mrs Weeksy watching her cry as she's missing all her friends we usually spend Nye with.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

We have a curfew here - no one outside 20:00-06:00 (I think). It's being lifted on Christmas Eve, but not NYE

Good chance I'll sneak out onto the snow front for midnight (if it's clear skies). But other than that, I'll be home. Might open a bottle of fiz I got for my birthday last year but I won't drink all of it, so seems like a bit of a waste!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Prolly have to watch bloody Jules... :thumbdown:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Hopefully posh gin will have turned up and by 2200 I’ll be asleep on the sofa.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Fruity

Post by Fruity »

I'm on call this week until 7am Christmas morning, then off the rota for four days, then back on call until 7am January 2nd :thumbdown: :wtf:

I'd blame poor planning but I was on a different shift rota up until the end of October.
Fruity

Post by Fruity »

Fruity wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:12 pm I'm on call this week until 7am Christmas morning, then off the rota for four days, then back on call until 7am January 2nd :thumbdown: :wtf:

I'd blame poor planning but I was on a different shift rota up until the end of October.
To answer the original question, an early night if I'm lucky :lol:
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Same as every year. Fuck all. I hate NYE
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

It's the perfect opportunity to gan on the TWOC.
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Potter

Post by Potter »

We had kids when we were young and we could never get a babysitter on NYE, so it became a tradition to stay in and that's what we did for a couple of decades, usually in bed by 10pm.

Now the kids are all growed up we've been able to do something, but we're not into the drunken party stuff and all the whooping and shouting that goes on at midnight, so we've tried to do something different - sat on top of a (small) mountain with friends one year, sat out in the desert on a safari the next and last year we sat on the beach with extended family that came over.

This year we're going out on our sailing boat, just us and the (grown up) kids. I'm looking on the bright side, no extended family, no boyfriends or friends, just us, I'm looking forward to it. We'll sit offshore on the anchor and watch the fireworks with some music on, I don't feel like celebrating much this year, a lot of people have had an awful time, but we'll talk about the year and be grateful for what we have.
irie

Post by irie »

Harry wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 am... don't feel like celebrating much this year, a lot of people have had an awful time, but we'll talk about the year and be grateful for what we have.
This.
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
twids

Post by twids »

There's a tradition of the people in our little town all heading down to the square for midnight and counting down to midnight using the big clock in the square. It's always been an unofficial, unmarshalled event, with the pubs (2) around the square putting on some fireworks.

No idea what'll happen this year though, it's too small an area for people to congregate and socially distance outside. We're tier 2 at the moment though so it might be just lighting a huge fire in our garden and having a few people sat around it, would be nice to-do something though, not necessarily a party but just to give a bit of hope.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Mrs W has got the first xmas off for about 8 years but she’s working NYE, so will be a quiet one here.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

irie wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:42 am
Harry wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 am... don't feel like celebrating much this year, a lot of people have had an awful time, but we'll talk about the year and be grateful for what we have.
This.
Last year I didn’t celebrate as my friends daughter (who I’d known since she was 5) killed herself on 29th. This year I do really want to sneak out and sit on the snow front or maybe a bit up the mountain. Doubt there’ll be fireworks or anything cos of the curfew. But would be good to sit and remember special people quietly here
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Pseudonym

Post by Pseudonym »

Sod all, we're in tier 3 and expect to be in tier 4 by then. In recent years, we've preferred staying in. Too many people place so much emphasis on one evening/day, it's ridiculous. We don't make NY resolutions either, as that just adds pressure that you don't need or want.

I suspect lots of people in the UK will be spending NYE quietly at home, but there's always going to be the ones who can't help themselves and do God knows what.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Rarely do anything anyway and being in tier 4 means we don’t have an option. So probably a film and some drinks and watch the
Fireworks at midnight and open the back door to let the old year out and then open the front door to let the new year in. My Nan always did this and I love the memory.
Last edited by Taipan on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Same as every year. Nothing. I will be well asleep by midnight.
Lockdown refugee
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Having a wank in the Pony's ear
Honda Owner
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Taipan wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:35 pm Rarely do anything anyway and being in tier 4 means we don’t have an option. So probably a film and some drinks and watch the
Fireworks at midnight and open the back door to let the old year out and then open the front door to let the new year in. My Nan always did this and I love the memory.
I love the door thing! Makes me wish I two doors so I could do this!! LOL

(I so had to rewrite that before hitting post!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: )