Dovi to Honda?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Claude

Dovi to Honda?

Post by Claude »

Nobby

Re: Dovi to Honda?

Post by Nobby »

I think I mentioned somewhere a while back that he could team back up with Repsol Onda. It would make sense.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

In many ways, i'm all for putting as many competitive riders on the grid as possible. I can see why it may be seen as unfair, but more riders = more racing.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

He already has the leathers in a wardrobe somewhere ready for the ride ;)

Skub

Post by Skub »

Honda could do worse than look to Yamaha for an example of 'not putting all their eggs in one basket.

Bit late now though for the coming season.

Dovi is a safe pair of hands and he would be up there most rounds.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:32 pm Honda could do worse than look to Yamaha for an example of 'not putting all their eggs in one basket.

Bit late now though for the coming season.

Dovi is a safe pair of hands and he would be up there most rounds.
Unfortunately HRC made a lot of early decisions based on Marc winning everything and not being hurt when he lobbed it 4 times a weekend which has bitten them on the arse. By putting Marquez Jnr into the factory squad to learn from big brother then after 3-4 races thinking "oops" they immediately looked for another option and decided on Pol. Far be it for me to say the Spanish passport helped with the Repsol sponsorship as i am used to seeing the factory riders posters at every Repsol petrol station in a Spanish resort.

Their problem was all the early signings meant they had 3 Spanish riders on contracts and HRC also wanted Nakagami San as he brings the Japanese sponsorship to LCR which left Cal out in the cold without a ride.

Move on to the end of the season and Marc has op 3 on the same injury, suddenly HRC are shitting it that this op wont work/will take longer to recover and they now have already lost the closest rider to Marc in Cal as the only other HRC rider to win a race or 2 and who would hopefully be injury free by season start. Pol in HRC factory is a complete unknown, Marquez Jnr has shown a few signs of progress but needs to make a step up but away from big brother in LCR will either make or break him and Nakagami San is another one that needs to step up.

Wont be the first time Dovi has been in a 3 man HRC Repsol team but i cant see the other teams voting for it as it would give them a huge advantage in manufacturers titles and team titles points
formula400

Post by formula400 »

Sack Dovi off, he’s had multiple chances and never quite got there.

Get some young fresh new blood in, change it up a bit. Yes he’s a great rider but he’s never managed to topple the top boys, and at the moment there is not really a top boy with Marc out,
CBR650r :mrgreen:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

formula400 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:16 am Sack Dovi off, he’s had multiple chances and never quite got there.

Get some young fresh new blood in, change it up a bit. Yes he’s a great rider but he’s never managed to topple the top boys, and at the moment there is not really a top boy with Marc out,

TBF i'm not sure any newbie could come in and do it. You'd have thought any of the guys like Alex Marquez etc would have if it were possible. But it's a tough ask. Me, i'd just let Bradl ride it again until MM is back.
fil2

Post by fil2 »

Dovi will make a better fist of than Bradl !! I mean wtf has he achieved or done in comparision to Dovi.?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

fil2 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:10 pm Dovi will make a better fist of than Bradl !! I mean wtf has he achieved or done in comparision to Dovi.?
But he'll want a full time ride. No way is Dovi going to say "sure, i'll do 2-3 races until MM is back"
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

fil2 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:10 pm Dovi will make a better fist of than Bradl !! I mean wtf has he achieved or done in comparision to Dovi.?
He was Moto2 champ. Dovi wasn't.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:26 pm
He was Moto2 champ. Dovi wasn't.
Dovi was 125 world champ, Marquez wasnt .....doesnt really matter as neither really prepares you for a MotoGP ride. One was the tiddler class and the other was a street bike 600 engine in a funky chassis. A lot of our road bikes have more power than a Moto2.

Marquez Jnr is getting to grips with the big bike slowly, Bradl was commentating for German TV last season while Dovi finished second to Marquez Snr.

I think Dovi could probably do better than both the current riders but he wont want a pay as you ride deal for a few races as others have said and HRC wont be allowed to do a 3 rider team
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:08 pm Stuff
Shush. I wanted a bite from Fil