Yamaha TZ 250 T Race Bike 1987, No 1 of the production line for this model

Anything you like about motorbikes
Bigyin

Re: Yamaha TZ 250 T Race Bike 1987, No 1 of the production line for this model

Post by Bigyin »

Reminds me of the pics EddieJ used to post of his gorgeous 2 stroke collection on the immaculate lawn
Skub

Post by Skub »

Bigyin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:49 am Reminds me of the pics EddieJ used to post of his gorgeous 2 stroke collection on the immaculate lawn
Ha! I'd forgotten about Eddie and his bikes. Hope the fella is well. He was a fine woodworker too,from memory.
Last edited by Skub on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Asian Boss

Post by Asian Boss »

Don't forget the dislike of office workers he oft vocallised also. :clap:

As for the TZ, I'd have no use for it but I saw the price and thought I'd give them ten grand for that, just for t'craic like. Then I saw it was a starting price. :(
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Skub wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Ha! I'd forgotten about Eddie and his bikes. Hope the fella is well. He was a fine woodworker too,from memory.
Had a chat with him last weekend and he is fit and well but giving the forums a miss for now. He is still chucking the occasional bit of wood around too ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

It's in my watch list.
I can't buy it because a) I can't be there to take delivery of it and b) what would I do with it?

But it's my era and I'd like to own one again, just because...
Potter

Post by Potter »

Asian Boss wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:40 pm Don't forget the dislike of office workers he oft vocallised also. :clap:
Btw - no one likes office workers, even when you are one.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Harry wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:48 pm It's in my watch list.
I can't buy it because a) I can't be there to take delivery of it and b) what would I do with it?

But it's my era and I'd like to own one again, just because...
Buy it, i'll pick it up as its not that far away and i may know of someone with a very large collection of exotic bikes who could store it for you ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:01 am
Buy it, i'll pick it up as its not that far away and i may know of someone with a very large collection of exotic bikes who could store it for you ;)
I appreciate the offer but I've got two exotic bikes stored in my dining room, more in the garage and one in the shed - it's not doing me any favours at all with the breadknife.
She'll be over the moon if I tell her I've bought another one, for no practical reason other than to waste some more money and store it in someone else's garage.

In our house my motorcycles are now known (in a thick northern accent) as "those bastard bikes...".
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:05 am
I appreciate the offer but I've got two exotic bikes stored in my dining room, more in the garage and one in the shed - it's not doing me any favours at all with the breadknife.
She'll be over the moon if I tell her I've bought another one, for no practical reason other than to waste some more money and store it in someone else's garage.

In our house my motorcycles are now known (in a thick northern accent) as "those bastard bikes...".
I figured that would along the lines of the reply but gave you the option of "it doesnt have to come here my beloved " ....... i cant even keep it here as i have no more room with 2 bikes as my missus pointed out when i started looking at track bikes for Portimao but if i can manage to keep one amongst the work fleet at the training base you never know yet ;)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:19 am
I figured that would along the lines of the reply but gave you the option of "it doesnt have to come here my beloved " ....... i cant even keep it here as i have no more room with 2 bikes as my missus pointed out when i started looking at track bikes for Portimao but if i can manage to keep one amongst the work fleet at the training base you never know yet ;)
I once went down the route of sourcing storage facilities, even went to look at a unit on an industrial estate not far from the house - it was perfect, it had previously been a car workshop and had a mezzanine floor with enough room for an office, store room and a bedroom. I was excited about it and I'd pretty much decided it was a great idea.

But before pulling the trigger I had a moment of sobriety and thought what's the point. I'd fill it with bikes I couldn't ride, didn't have the time to fettle and it would be mostly just a burden, plus I'd have to worry about burglary. They're not even a decent investment, the money is better in other places despite what the ebay sellers trying to offload them claim.

If you have the time (+money) and it's a hobby then fair enough, if I end up with some surplus cash and I don't end up sailing around the world then I could get right into unit ownership and owning a bunch of bikes, but it would have to be as purely a hobby if I could afford it, because if you do the maths then the money to buy the unit and invest in the bikes isn't a great way to build your fortune or as a pension.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Harry wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:33 am
I once went down the route of sourcing storage facilities, even went to look at a unit on an industrial estate not far from the house - it was perfect, it had previously been a car workshop and had a mezzanine floor with enough room for an office, store room and a bedroom. I was excited about it and I'd pretty much decided it was a great idea.

But before pulling the trigger I had a moment of sobriety and thought what's the point. I'd fill it with bikes I couldn't ride, didn't have the time to fettle and it would be mostly just a burden, plus I'd have to worry about burglary. They're not even a decent investment, the money is better in other places despite what the ebay sellers trying to offload them claim.

If you have the time (+money) and it's a hobby then fair enough, if I end up with some surplus cash and I don't end up sailing around the world then I could get right into unit ownership and owning a bunch of bikes, but it would have to be as purely a hobby if I could afford it, because if you do the maths then the money to buy the unit and invest in the bikes isn't a great way to build your fortune or as a pension.
My son and a few mates were looking at a unit for building up and maintaining their drift cars between events. They now have a former bomb dump HAS at RAF Coltishall as a workshop ;)

Loads of room for them all, they have built in somewhere they can kip if needed, room for a dozen cars to work on, installed post lifts and no worries about burglary as the place is quite literally bomb proof and there is a control of entry post on the site as half of it is now an HMP facility :D