Post by KungFooBob »

Have we had one of these yet?

1. Ride Laguna Seca
2. Own an RC45
3. Barber Motorsports Museum
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Biking Bucket List

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

200mph. Not sure that can really be done without a mad turbo thing...200mph bikes haven't proliferated in quite the same way cars have.

Laguna Seca sounds good, but I'd settle for Spa as a starter :D
fatgit

Post by fatgit »

Happy with my bikes so Mine are slightly more mundane maybe:
1. Touring in various EU countries-Spain, Portugal, South of France, Canaries, Alpine riding and some in Norway etc
2. Riding up the West Coast of America
3. Some off road tours maybe?
4. Some track days

The rest of my bucket list is mountain biking
Cheers
Steve
formula400

Post by formula400 »

1. More touring
2. Ride/own a panigale 899
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

For this bucket list does it have to be things that you could do, or are people going for the "never gonna happen to me"?

For instance - something I could easily do, track day at Spa, something that's not gonna happen to me, a two stroke 500 GP bike at Spa
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:01 pm For this bucket list does it have to be things that you could do, or are people going for the "never gonna happen to me"?

For instance - something I could easily do, track day at Spa, something that's not gonna happen to me, a two stroke 500 GP bike at Spa
It's something you'd like to do, before you die. Bike related.

I guess it has to be something actually possible.

If you won £175m on the Euro's what would be stopping you riding a 500GP bike at Spa?
Le_Fromage_Grande

TBH I think I've done most of what I want to do riding a bike, finishing a project bike would be nice - but I don't think this is possible, as I can always find another way to "improve" a bike.

I'm extremely unlikely to win the lottery, as I don't buy tickets
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:03 pm
If you won £175m on the Euro's what would be stopping you riding a 500GP bike at Spa?
My tiny testicles.
Julian_Boolean wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:06 pm finishing a project bike would be nice - but I don't think this is possible, as I can always find another way to "improve" a bike.
Chin up...I make vehicle stuff for a living and I never finish either. In fact we have a whole department of "continuous improvement" people who do exactly what it says on the tin :D
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

TBF I reckon a 500GP bike at Spa is doable.

You just need to know someone with a V-Twin NSR500 and a £150 to book a trackday at Spa (and a passport and a ferry ticket) :)
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Bike tour in USA, preferably the West Coast/Rockies.

Oh yes, and Spain/Portugal. Been many other European countries on a bike, but not (yet) Iberia
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

I would love to do a bike tour in the US on the west coast at some point and a bike tour in Italy and/or Spain with the missus on the bike :)

Euro track day is already booked to do ;)

Only other one i would like to do is a tour over in Nepal off road into the mountains
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:33 pm TBF I reckon a 500GP bike at Spa is doable.

Lots of "ex-Duke" Manx Nortons around and they do classic trackday events at Spa. ;)
non quod, sed quomodo
Potter

Post by Potter »

Bigyin wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:41 pm
Only other one i would like to do is a tour over in Nepal off road into the mountains
Two mates did one a couple of years ago, they tried to get me to go but I've already done my full share of shitting in fields and dodging cholera.
A cheaper, but similar alternative would be to camp at Dixies corner for a week eating only biscuits brown and shitting behind the Nissan hut.

A surprising amount of people talk about the USA West Coast ride, maybe from San Diego to Seattle or something. My mate emailed me a couple of weeks ago asking if I want to do it. I quite fancy it.

I'd definitely be up for a RTTL West Coast USA ride, we could all hire Harleys and I'll bring the hat.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I'm due a six week paid sabbatical in four years (yup, only four years to go) which I can add annual leave to. I'd like to do a large tour on my own. Romania caught my eye recently so perhaps head that way. The Canaries is still on my to-do list - it appealed to me because my birthday is in November and I wanted to go there for my 50th but it didn't work out because my Mum was ill (I was looking at Gran Canaria as I have a friend from there who was giving me lots of tips) - so an off season trip there sometime would be marvelous.
Lockdown refugee
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mine is really only the MotoGiro. That's it really, it's been on my list for many years now and the urge has not gone away. The other stuff will depend on life and what happens there. For example, i'd like to tour Australia, but with a wife and boy i'm not sure it's realistic. However, maybe one day.
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Euro tour but on a big comfy tourer.
West coast USA.
Probably lots of other things that I can't think of right now.
Le_Fromage_Grande

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:33 pm TBF I reckon a 500GP bike at Spa is doable.

You just need to know someone with a V-Twin NSR500 and a £150 to book a trackday at Spa (and a passport and a ferry ticket) :)
I know someone with a late race RG500 (I think it might be an ex Dennis Ireland one) but there's no way they'll let me ride it :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Trinity765 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:20 am I'm due a six week paid sabbatical in four years (yup, only four years to go) which I can add annual leave to. I'd like to do a large tour on my own. Romania caught my eye recently so perhaps head that way. The Canaries is still on my to-do list - it appealed to me because my birthday is in November and I wanted to go there for my 50th but it didn't work out because my Mum was ill (I was looking at Gran Canaria as I have a friend from there who was giving me lots of tips) - so an off season trip there sometime would be marvelous.
We've been over there a few times. I think Tenerife has better roads, but that's being picky. I'm trying to get a trip to GC sorted for February.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Yorick wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:01 pm
Trinity765 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:20 am I'm due a six week paid sabbatical in four years (yup, only four years to go) which I can add annual leave to. I'd like to do a large tour on my own. Romania caught my eye recently so perhaps head that way. The Canaries is still on my to-do list - it appealed to me because my birthday is in November and I wanted to go there for my 50th but it didn't work out because my Mum was ill (I was looking at Gran Canaria as I have a friend from there who was giving me lots of tips) - so an off season trip there sometime would be marvelous.
We've been over there a few times. I think Tenerife has better roads, but that's being picky. I'm trying to get a trip to GC sorted for February.
My friend isn't a biker so I trust you on that. She said the climate was a bit better.
Lockdown refugee
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

My current and most important goal is to get back on a bike and be able to ride without it hurting - so I can relearn to ride properly!!!

Then -
Get on track again
Do another endurance race
Do a DesmoDue race
Do some touring around this area and further afield - being so close to various borders means there are a lot of places that would be relatively easy to get to
But - before that I want to ride the mountain roads/passes in this area. Spectacular views and roads I'm told. Been here three years full time and only done one! :o (Hurt too much to enjoy and so didn't do the others!!)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: