Sportclassic tinkering

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Monstyr

Sportclassic tinkering

Post by Monstyr »

I finally decided to fit a few bits and pieces to my sportclassic today, I've probably had all the bits sitting in the garage for well over five years, possibly nearer ten but only now fitted them.
Firstly, the easy one
The front mudguard from a GT1000, which I think I prefer to the original one now sat on tthe drive.
Then it got trickier, not because its an inherently difficult job, far far the most difficult part is me bending down to reach the bolts, there is a certain amount of bodging to get bits to fit properly.
The hangers and other gubbins came off a 900ss and are a direct fit to my bike, apart from a polish they are what the Paul Smart and mono version actually came with as standard, I think I kept them in a box so long because I had intended to get them powdercoated black.
You can see the biposto version that was fitted as standard, I dont think Ive ever had a pillion on this bike since I bought it in 2008.
The exhaust hangers are nicely made pieces of expensive americana from Stradafab.
Heres the other side, its on a paddock stand here, for a reason.

I had an extra bolt in the box of stuff and for the life of me couldnt remember what it was for, until the bike fell on me as I undid the bolt that also held on the sidestand :clap: :shifty: :shhh: , fortunately I caught it before it moved too far and was able to balance it while I got up, always a bit tricky as my drive is quite steep and it wanted to roll back.

I just need to adjust the pedals a bit now but that can wait as it wont be going anywhere anytime soon.The back brake was tricky to refit and the master is in a completely different direction, I just needed to crack the banjo a bit to let me spin it round but I'll go look up at how others have routed the hoses.

I also have rizoma fluid bottles for this too but dont see the point of doing those yet as I dont have any brake fluid to replace any leakage with.
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Sportclassic tinkering

Post by weeksy »

That's a stunning stunning thing mate.

I nearly bought mine back from B. at one stage. It's funny now but if he'd picked up his phone the deal was done. He never and I bought another KTM instead.
Monstyr

Post by Monstyr »

On furlough
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

There's a theme going on there for sure.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

It'd look nicer with the pipes upswept a bit more, I'm not keen on the exhaust hangers - but I don't know if I can think of a more attractive solution.
It does look nice for a Ducati though
Honda Owner