Euro trackday pics... What you got ?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Euro trackday pics... What you got ?

Post by weeksy »

JErez 2006
ImageSDI_4293 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Wife at Jerez on Mr Teds CBR6
ImageDSC_4207 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

More JErez
ImageSDI_5020 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Portimao on the 848 evo
ImageIMG_1083_zpsgtujbqzh by Steve Weeks, on Flickr
Tricky

Re: Euro trackday pics... What you got ?

Post by Tricky »

Ah, another whoring opportunity for me :D

In no particular order...

Almeria

Pau

Me showing Ian Simpson the way around Jerez :lol:

Jerez again- Four big blokes and riding kit is a bit of a squeexe in a Ka..

Portimao- ( lovely weather that trip.... )

And a couple more from Almeria

scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

OK you asked for it. Here's my full Euro history :crazy:
2009 First ever track day and in at the deep end : Portimao in the rain on my CBR600F commuter
It dried for day 2
By the end of day 3 my mate gave me a bollocking for grinding my pegs and told me to "You're gonna crash if you don't shift your fecking arse over". By the end of the day I glanced both my knees (not caught on cam of course) :clap: :thumbup:

2010. I'd done no track days for 12 months so this was my 4th track day. I did some reading and watched youtube vids on body positioning etc. I went back to Portimao much improved.

2012 The only lap I've done on a bike of the 'ring and it was caught on camera. My '07 Blackbird which now has 96k on it :)

2013 A Spa Francorchamps track day as part of a long weekend tour. Shame it was raining!

2014 Back to Portimao but this time I'd bought a track bike : GSXR1000 K3. Didn't have it long before the trip so just removed the mirrors and indicators. A bit out of the seat over a crest <eek>

2015 Brno. Now with some track bodywork that a few might recognise. I met Weeksy to collect them the day that before I loaded the bike for the trip! Still with the original exhaust. Alex James had a picture folder for me called "huge can" :lol:

2016 Catalunya. Bike now with second hand black tank. I did the first day but had a heavy cold. Day 2 and day3 I just did one lap as my balance was all over the place.

2017 Slovakiaring. After burning my hand on the can changing tyre warmers I've eventually put on a smaller one :roll: I'd also bought some tidier fairings, upgraded the calipers and added a Brembo RCS m/c.
My buddy on his Panni lining me up to blast past on the straight. Grrrrrr
Happy hour is just after the track shuts and it's beer for 1Euro :)

2019 Aragon. Pics are of course from Alex James as no one else tries the arty ones. :thumbup:
He even made my old track slag look half decent.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

scottyuk wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:53 am OK you asked for it. Here's my full Euro history :crazy:
:thumbup:
Brilliant storyboard there, and some great pics- am wondering whether your first pics from Portimao may have been the same event as my Portimao pic, as that was in 2009 , pretty much the first ever bike TD there I think, was with FE , we drove the hire cars around first day and Whit , James Haydon (and I think maybe Brogie?) were the instructors there.
I went with a couple of my non-TRC mates, but there were a fair few of us from TRC (DucatiPete, Couchy, Grib, RSVMan, SpliffyAde and some others I think) there, so we may have even been in the same garage?
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

Yep - same trip and same garage. I was in the boot of the van on my knees that Whitham drove around for the sighting laps. It was RSVMan that gave me the bollocking about grinding my pegs and set me right about hanging off etc :thumbup:

In the first days briefing, it was me and my mate who were the two to put our hands up when asked if we'd never done a TD before. "Fat Kev" pulled us to one side and assigned an instructor straight away. I followed Harry Monk around for a session as he slowly got me up to speed. I was very naive thinking "if he can carry the speed then so can I" .... and then in the pits I saw he was on full wets compared to my Michelin 2CTs :lol:

Brilliant intro to TD's ! :thumbup:
fil2

Post by fil2 »

11150165_10206408205909173_2803546162174916207_n.jpg
11150165_10206408205909173_2803546162174916207_n.jpg (98.61 KiB) Viewed 1171 times
Me N Ronnie last corner Porto !!!....