What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
irie

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by irie »

Mussels wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:02 pm The broken seat looked more dangerous than the porcelain, it broke into a few large and sharp pieces. Not quite sure how but I landed with my foot on the floor and kept my balance, never thought I had reactions like that! The only bits of the bog that broke were from the inside of the rim so I've glued them back in for now and fitted a new seat.
Today I have discovered that:
S trap toilets are rare and expensive, salmon pink even more so.
Modern toilets stick out too far as they are all designed for wall connections and mine's in a concrete floor so can't be moved.
Putting ' s trap' into ebay makes it suggest strap on dildos.
My trusted plumber is too busy to call back.
Repair it with this stuff (White or Clear), it really does Stick Like Shit! If you're careful you could make a permanent repair.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/evo-stik-sti ... 90ml/22070
"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people." - Giordano Bruno
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I stuck the two biggest bits back with some water activated Gorilla glue stuff and it seems to be holding, but some little bits were never found so it looks rough and I'm worried about a complete collapse under load. The salmon pink 50 year old bathroom suite wasn't great to start with and the tiles behind it are a bit iffy so it is time to for it all to go.
The plumber called back so he's going to pop in in the next couple of days and tell me how much it will hurt.
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Mussels wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pm...strap on dildos...
Mussels wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:44 pmThe plumber called back so he's going to pop in in the next couple of days and tell me how much it will hurt.
:thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Had amazing 5 hour enduro ride. I wanted snow like Couchy had, but apprently it doesn't snow when it's 23c :(

Had been playing with fork settings and bar angle and big improvement.
On the BIG climbs it tracked perfectly and I made it up all of them. I hate stalling the bugger then have to turn it round and ride down hundreds of feet of steep slippery rocks and dirt. :(

But did stall it up one tricky rocky climb. Tumbled sideways down the rockface. Was crapping myself, but the armour saved me. Ache like fuck and feel dizzy. Shock or maybe banged my head.

Great day really :D
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

23, Sheesh. Sometimes I could even face not seeing a decent tree again!
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Today, I finally started stripping the forks off the ST to rebuild them. Got sidetracked and went and bought a new garden storage thing so I can put the garden stuff in the original one and all my tools in the new one.
Guess who didn’t get finished stripping the forks. Job for tomorrow which is my last one of 5 days off.

The gf’s daughter got offered a job as a science teacher today, not bad for 4 weeks into teacher training placement, gf is happy, daughter is happy, so today the gf has been looking at flats to buy, the daughter has a decent trust fund from her dad to cover most of the cost. Looks like we will soon have a summer home in London!!

Getting pissed tonight.
Mick.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

weeksy wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:32 pm 23, Sheesh. Sometimes I could even face not seeing a decent tree again!
Just our normal winter weather :)
trc.jpg
trc.jpg (34.77 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
Potter

Post by Potter »

It's about 25/26c here most days.
It was 18c just when I was giving junior a lift to college, it felt a bit nippy, if this keeps up I'll have to turn the pool heater on.

Yesterday we didn't do anything except sit around the pool and chill or skype family.
The dog bosses the pool, no one is allowed to swim without him getting involved.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Watched the sun come up on my walk.

"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Went to the ortho dude for my 3rd gel injection in my (OEM) knee this afternoon.
He was driving his V12 Aston again today & there was a black Porsche parked next to it that belongs to one of the other surgeon's.
He apparently had a play with another Aston on the freeway on his way into work this morning. I said to him "Are you aware some bloody peasant has parked a glorified Volkswagen next to it?"
He went off to have a word with him as I was leaving.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I had a Covid test today. Damn that's unpleasant!!! :sick:

A friend the other side of the mountain had one earlier in the week and the results were back within 24 hours, so hoping it's that fast for mine!

This was just the residents testing. Once we have a date for the lifts opening, we will get tested a week before they open and then (I think) every week of the season with a view to stopping the resorts getting out of control and giving visitors (and residents) a bit of peace of mind over the situation. Hopefully!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Spoke to Havering Social Services about my Step Mum, then her Doctors, then the Community Treatment Team, then her Carers and then did her shopping and delivered it to her and put it away. She said, "Oh its you"! Tis a thankless task looking after dementia sufferers! On the plus side I make a nice drive of it over there and back!

Hopefully sold the scoot!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Noggin wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:22 pm I had a Covid test today. Damn that's unpleasant!!! :sick:

A friend the other side of the mountain had one earlier in the week and the results were back within 24 hours, so hoping it's that fast for mine!

This was just the residents testing. Once we have a date for the lifts opening, we will get tested a week before they open and then (I think) every week of the season with a view to stopping the resorts getting out of control and giving visitors (and residents) a bit of peace of mind over the situation. Hopefully!!
Woohooooo - No virus!!
Following the antigenic test carried out today in a sampling center set up by the municipality of La Plagne Tarentaise, we inform you that the result is negative.

We remind you of the need to maintain the barrier measures that reduce the spread of the virus: wearing a mask, social distancing, regular hand washing.

We thank you for your confidence and wish you a pleasant day.

The screening team
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

We are doing twice weekly swabs at home -
In other news I’ve taken my exhaust off and tried to get the snide akrapovic i bought to fit and seal but it wouldn’t so I gave up.
Bought some exhaust paste and have another go next weekend .
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Checked the mail, It's been a few days... Got a letter from the IRS :shock:

It starts out with
"We believe there's a miscalculation on your 2019 Form 1040, which affects the following area of your return:
Tax Computation. :?

Arsebiscuits! :o

& then goes on:
"We made changes to your return that correct this error" :shock:

"As a result, you are due a refund of $***" 8-)

I actually filed my taxes in February.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Took Elvis for a long walk along the sea front. Only a few brave souls in the sea.
Walked back through the town, bravely ignoring all the tourists supping cold lager in the sun.

Then I saw a pal :(

Beer ensued and I got the nibbles. Nowt stood out, until I saw the all day Fat Bastard brekky for 5€

Buuuuurp.
20201214_163249_resized.jpg
20201214_163249_resized.jpg (795.2 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
asmethurst99

Post by asmethurst99 »

Worked from home - I'm on a SAG (special advisory group) through work and had two zoom meetings - went quite well .
Lockdown from tomorrow night - craperoo
cheb

Post by cheb »

Why haven't you disposed of that mask properly? You weren't going to put it back on were you?
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:28 pm Why haven't you disposed of that mask properly? You weren't going to put it back on were you?
Mask? That's no mask. That's Yozzer's thong and it's Pen's lucky night tonight....
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

gremlin wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:36 pm
cheb wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:28 pm Why haven't you disposed of that mask properly? You weren't going to put it back on were you?
Mask? That's no mask. That's Yozzer's thong and it's Pen's lucky night tonight....
My whopper is too big for that.