The kings is dead... long live the king.....

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Wreckless Rat

Re: The kings is dead... long live the king.....

Post by Wreckless Rat »

We have some new Ethiopian beans in.... someone was after some, can’t recall who?

If you like a nice bright coffee, full of fruity/floral notes, you really will love these...

Oh and some decaf, yeah yeah, but people keep asking for it so....
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

I'll order some decaff at some point, perhaps next time around, but alongside the real stuff. Good Ethiopian coffee is a must, superb stuff. Used to get the local coffee as my colleagues travelled to Ethiopia a lot and we had visits from them. Always brought coffee with them. Hmmm.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:36 am We have some new Ethiopian beans in.... someone was after some, can’t recall who?
Might have been me, I love all the Ethiopian coffee I've had so far. Still the best coffee I've ever had from the coffee traders that used to be in the office above. If there's any chance of getting some in my next variety pack that'd be awesome :thumbup:
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Will do...

All variety packs this month will get some in.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Wreckless Rat wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:36 am We have some new Ethiopian beans in.... someone was after some, can’t recall who?

If you like a nice bright coffee, full of fruity/floral notes, you really will love these...
WOW. That is a nice coffee :clap: just had my first sip. Sublime
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

I’ve made an improvement to the roast imho, taking it slightly less on the roast.... amuzzin kwaffee
Claude

Post by Claude »

Order placed! 🙂
Claude

Post by Claude »

Claude wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:03 am Order placed! 🙂
The variety pack should make a nice Xmas gift.
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

Just been contacted by trading standards, they secretly bought some coffee at some point.....

Passed all checks and tests with flying colours.

You’d think the council would have better things to be doing at the moment - chasing down the myriad of covid tax rip offs going on. Ho hum - we got a clean bill of health for the tests they done on the coffee, and packaging information , weights etc 👍
Docca

Post by Docca »

Ordered another variety pack. Used the Black Friday discount code ( thanks! )
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

Right, only just found this thread.

So, going to order a few bags of coffee for her indoors to go with the new coffee machine I got her for crimbo.

Now, she’s a Latte sort of girl, doesn’t like really strong bitter coffees.

What to get? Dependant on price, three or four bags?
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Monsoon Malabar is a softer coffee. Lovely finish too.

Just had the Ethiopian stuff with breakfast. So nice! I've had proper Ethiopian fresh ground brought to the office by our Ethiopian friends and made by them. Hmmmm!

I've decided that the variety packs just hit the spot for me as I enjoy a wide range of coffees and this way we don't get "bored" and it keeps our palates fresh. I have Lidl Colombian stuff for Church and that is drinkable, but not something you go to out of choice.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Nordboy wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:25 am Now, she’s a Latte sort of girl, doesn’t like really strong bitter coffees.
From my experience WR doesn't do a single bitter coffee. None of them are like Costa or anything like that. My favs are the El Salvador and the Ethiopian, but I have a subscription for a variety pack as I like getting different coffees.
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

Great, i’ll order a few different bags, there’s a couple (recommendations in this thread) I think she’ll like so i’ll get individual ones.

Then go from there :thumbup:
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

I don’t seem to have an edit function on my last post so I’ll do another.

Ordered Hollys, malabar and an El Salvador for starters. Just have to keep track of what she likes :thumbup: :thumbup:
Horse

Post by Horse »

Editing is time limited.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Never mind that - pull your finger out and get my order out of the door! :D

As an aside, how's it doing as a business? Is it wiping its face? I'm considering doing a little cottage industry website. It wonlt be coffee, but something, like coffee would be ideal. Non-electrical, no returns or faults to contend with. I would imagine your only hurdle would be that it falls under some sort of food legislation?
Wreckless Rat

Post by Wreckless Rat »

wheelnut wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:29 am
Never mind that - pull your finger out and get my order out of the door! :D

As an aside, how's it doing as a business? Is it wiping its face? I'm considering doing a little cottage industry website. It wonlt be coffee, but something, like coffee would be ideal. Non-electrical, no returns or faults to contend with. I would imagine your only hurdle would be that it falls under some sort of food legislation?
Haha.. I have no orders for Wheelnut... :lol: orders go out of here daily, generally in the post the same day or next day, depending on how busy I am in my real job.

As a sideline, it's picking up really well. The subscriptions are starting to build and we have a good loyal base of regulars now. It's not broken even yet, if i take all the set up costs, but if you ignore them, then this would be nice as a retirement tick along, keep yourself busy type 'job' but I hope to build it more than that. We haven't yet had any bad feedback, everyone seems to love what we are doing, even if they don't prefer every bean. That's just personal taste though.

We get one or two "it hasn't arrived", that's a bugger as it generally just costs us to replace it. It's always the same people though, so I don't know if they have shit postie or a thieving neighbour etc. It's just something you have to accept. No one wants to pay for insured parcels, and there isn't enough in it to give that away free, especially when the average order is around £25-30
Nordboy

Post by Nordboy »

Wifey is loving the Hollys Blend :thumbup:

Be ause it’s a bean to cup, makes it difficult to ‘try’ small amounts of a coffee. Have to fill the bean hopper, then wait til they are gone.

Considering a manual grinder then using the grounds chute on the machine, see if that works.

How does the subscription thing work? It’s not really clear that if I get a monthly subscription, I get 1kg a month. If I subscribe for a weekly, is that then 250g a week or 1kg a week? I think I know what the answer must surely be, but I can’t seem to find a proper answer on the site?