How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Tricky

Re: How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

Post by Tricky »

Buckaroo wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:46 pm
Tricky wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 pm It's the calm before the (potential) storm for me.
My girlfriend went down with it on Sunday just gone and has been suffering quite badly since then, although I don't think she's in any danger, just really uncomfortable and not having a very good time at all - I was with her all day Saturday up until Sunday morning and we did hold hands etc once or twice during that time, so am assuming I can't have escaped having it passed to me.

I've been in self-isolation since Sunday (we have separate houses), am still working pretty much as normal from home, but the not going out at all is getting to me a bit already as its been so nice outside, I miss running or getting out on a bike badly, and it's all just a bit weird TBH;- I am finding it hard to believe I am going to get it as I feel absolutely fine at the moment, but from what I can gather average incubation time is approx 5 days which would make it tomorrow night / friday for me, so I guess I'll find out soon enough :|
I hope you and the other half get through this ok
Cheers and yep, she's through the other side and completely recovered now, she had a really rough time of it , she's pretty tough but I honestly think she did want to die in the first week of it and would have taken the option if someone would have offered it to her :cry:

I'm still struggling to believe what I had just over a week ago ( think it was in the post after the above one) was C19 , as it was so minor relatively speaking and short-lived for me but have felt A1 since and am out of isolation and back with her
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Great news buddy :)

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

joe19 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:20 pm Yeah just - but due to driveway shenanigans it's a bit surrounded in the garage.

When the lock-down is over and I can get out I'll do a post on it. I haven't even started it! :thumbdown:

Kinda don't want to be seen taking the piss going out for a ride. Not sure what others are doing?
Missed this earlier- what's the new bike Joe?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tricky wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:46 am
joe19 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:20 pm Yeah just - but due to driveway shenanigans it's a bit surrounded in the garage.

When the lock-down is over and I can get out I'll do a post on it. I haven't even started it! :thumbdown:

Kinda don't want to be seen taking the piss going out for a ride. Not sure what others are doing?
LOL you don't wanna know :D :shock: :shock: :shock:
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:48 am
Tricky wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:46 am

LOL you don't wanna know :D :shock: :shock: :shock:
Now I'm intrigued... :hmmm:
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Tricky wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:26 am

Cheers and yep, she's through the other side and completely recovered now, she had a really rough time of it , she's pretty tough but I honestly think she did want to die in the first week of it and would have taken the option if someone would have offered it to her :cry:

I'm still struggling to believe what I had just over a week ago ( think it was in the post after the above one) was C19 , as it was so minor relatively speaking and short-lived for me but have felt A1 since and am out of isolation and back with her
Mate

It has a different effect on everyone. Some barely notice it and others are drowning in their own lungs without serious medical intervention. For those who will remember Abel from sites before he is now a front line paramedic and was showing mild symptoms a few days ago which have since completely wiped him out but seems to be starting to come through the other side now.

Unfortunately until people are tested for the virus its all just assumption and "treat as worst case"

Glad to hear your better half is back on track as it must have been horrendous to be helpless in that time and hope i dont have to experience the same .....onwards ;)
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

I'm at my parents place now, curiously over 800km drive taking 10 hours and I didn't get stopped once !!!

Glad to be here,I've already been put to good use crawling round under the decking replacing the rotting legs.

It's really nice to have face to face conversations, but odd at the same time, already I find myself sneaking off to be on my own?? I guess I just got used to it!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Where's that then Jody ? I guessed from other posts it's still in France. ?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I'm okay but its not me I have to worry about. My 83 year old Step Dad is getting very forlorn which is most unlike him, but the loneliness is getting to him. He is housebound at present as he has COPD and obviously over 70 as well. He comes to us once a week, normally friday nights, and goes to his club to play cards etc on saturday and sunday lunchtimes, but since the virus thing it's all been put on hold. It seems a mockery to not see him as we go into his house with his shopping, but the wife is worried we are a risk to him. So to get round it I've called a Social Distancing BBQ for friday afternoon. :crazy:
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Bloody rubbish

In the last week i've bought

1. RST jacket, too small and too bulky
2. Fox DPX2 rear MTB shock, not needed and sent back
3. Leo Vince decat, don't like sent back
4. LiPo battery, No good, sent back
5. Enduroline battery, no good, sent back.

I've not actually managed to keep hold of any of my recent purchases.
Potter

Post by Potter »

weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 pm
No changes for you then :lol:
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Sat in garden all day drinking cider...bloody awful.
Yamaha rocket 3
Jody
Location: Biarritz in Summer, Cornwall In Autumn, Courchevel in Winter

Post by Jody »

weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:03 am Where's that then Jody ? I guessed from other posts it's still in France. ?
Yes mate, Vendee region, near to Montournais.
Trogladyte

Post by Trogladyte »

I'm not enjoying it that much to be honest. I'm vulnerable, and therefore can't go out at all, except into the back garden. Working at home and mental busy - that makes the time fly by, but its getting a bit wearing now.

Torque Wench works in the hospital, so she and I are living separate lives within the same house. I've moved into another room with my own bathroom, and we talk on video calls. All a bit sad really.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Trogladyte wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:23 pm I'm not enjoying it that much to be honest. I'm vulnerable, and therefore can't go out at all, except into the back garden. Working at home and mental busy - that makes the time fly by, but its getting a bit wearing now.

Torque Wench works in the hospital, so she and I are living separate lives within the same house. I've moved into another room with my own bathroom, and we talk on video calls. All a bit sad really.
Yeah,I can see how that would be shit Trog,but it'll pass eventually,we just need to put the time in.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Trogladyte

Post by Trogladyte »

Thanks fella.

Yeah - its less than ideal. But it is what it is. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel somewhere. It could be a lot worse - at least I'm not walking out of Delhi with my kids for a 300km walk home to find food.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 pm Bloody rubbish

I bought new wheel bearings and captive spacers for the trusty old EXC last week , which have gone in a treat, Aside from that, some JIS bits and a couple of other minor tools on a whim over last few weeks as I was bored, but nothing significant.

Oh, and I sold the 790 this week too
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Tricky wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:37 pm
weeksy wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:01 pm Bloody rubbish

I bought new wheel bearings and captive spacers for the trusty old EXC last week , which have gone in a treat, Aside from that, some JIS bits and a couple of other minor tools on a whim over last few weeks as I was bored, but nothing significant.

Oh, and I sold the 790 this week too
You did ??? A couple of the Americans have theirs arriving...

Funnily enough i spoke to Premier about yours, they're only getting 2 in this year, 1 is yours... I dunno when though.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Yup, was going to just PX it against the 890, but someone offered me what I reckon is a decent price and almost certainly more than Premier will whenever the 890 arrives, especially in the current climate, so deal is done.

In a way, I guess it's probably a good thing that delivery is delayed, as I'd only be tempted to ride it all the time if it was here.
cheb

Post by cheb »

Still no cases up here, possibly not a good thing in the long run otherwise when it hits it'll hit hard.

Still the same phoney war feeling, The shops are getting a bit more strict about sanitising and spacing, which is good.

I might start earning my keep soon though.