What have you bought for bicycle today?

MTB, Road, Cyclocross, Running, walking, Rowing, Weights / Cardio, Diet, training plans
MingtheMerciless

Re: What have you bought for bicycle today?

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Ohh they were so close, a few more details and a bit more attention to detail and they’d be a perfect copy, however they’re perfectly usable and well made and for £35 are a good value pair of riding shorts.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Taff

Post by Taff »

2 pairs of Endura shorts at £32 each. I've been wearing their trousers over winter for a couple of years and they're holding up well so hopefully these shorts should last.

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Endura-Hummvee ... 102360.htm
MingtheMerciless

Well Mrs M's Levo returned from the LBS along with a bill for £634! 2/3 of that was a fork and shock service at SRAM, with the forks needing a new airshaft damper thingy and the shock needing a new tube as the original had a fat stone chip in it. All new frame bearings (one showed signs of thinking about spinning up...), some new wheel bearings and a gear adjust.

Hopefully a new frame or front triangle is arriving for my Evil next week............🤞
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

TBH considering all that work and a usual cost of £125 per end for servicing, that doesn't sound terrible... it sounds a LOT... but in relation to the work then it's OK.

Mine was a RideWrap kit for his Boxxers.... they've had a bit of a life this year and they're showing wear, so will get them re-wrapped.
MingtheMerciless

weeksy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:16 pm TBH considering all that work and a usual cost of £125 per end for servicing, that doesn't sound terrible... it sounds a LOT... but in relation to the work then it's OK.

Mine was a RideWrap kit for his Boxxers.... they've had a bit of a life this year and they're showing wear, so will get them re-wrapped.
I've got a break down of the bill and it's just a lot of work all at the same time.

I point out to people looking at full suss MTB's that they aren't cheap to run..........😂😂😂
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:24 pm
weeksy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:16 pm TBH considering all that work and a usual cost of £125 per end for servicing, that doesn't sound terrible... it sounds a LOT... but in relation to the work then it's OK.

I've got a break down of the bill and it's just a lot of work all at the same time.

I point out to people looking at full suss MTB's that they aren't cheap to run..........😂😂😂
We've been lucky that this year he's had £1000 of servicing from TFTuned as part of his sponsorship, otherwise well, we wouldn't have had it serviced at all potentially.
MingtheMerciless

Also purchased some AXS X01 jockey wheels as on stripping the Curtis down for BB service (@millemille that grease is bloody brilliant, a whole summer and barely contaminated and still spinning smoothly), I noticed that one of the jockey wheels was exceptionally wobbly...... They are the originals and have seen 4 winters so not bad, just an eye watering £65 for SRAM ones.
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
MingtheMerciless

After looking at the state of the pivot bolts on Mrs M's Levo after its service, I've ordered a complete set/kit of bolts and washers and spindle. It's a 6 year old bike now so the Specialized custom alloy bolts have been in and out 1/2 dozen times by now and some have obviously needed a bit of heft to come loose so the allen holes are looking rather worn. I'd rather have the kit sitting in the drawer of spares at home than have to hunt round for parts for an old bike on the internet and possibly out of stock/rarer than hens teeth.
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."