Is Racing Getting Too Expensive?

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Re: Is Racing Getting Too Expensive?

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:41 pm £545 includes the pre-meeting practice day. Which many (only me) consider cheating.
Or just do a trackday close to the meeting?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yorick wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:53 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:41 pm £545 includes the pre-meeting practice day. Which many (only me) consider cheating.
That's proper cheating.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:53 pm
That's proper cheating.
How about racing there the previous weekend?

When i was instructing, I often got fast kids asking me to show them round a new to them circuit.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

mangocrazy wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:23 am
I'm surprised no-one has thought to refer MSV to the Competition and Markets Authority. A monopoly is precisely what MSV has become, and they are flagrantly abusing that position.
I think that they are.
The bit that really makes me sigh , is the amount of F900 boys who have been excluded from qualifying or had other penalties imposed when very small amounts of non-Panda (the £4 / litre mandatory purchase stuff) fuel has been detected - I of course know rules is rules etc, but we're not talking about front runners, riders who are typically nowhere near the fastest through the speed traps and not trying to cheat, they have just done club races or TDs etc in between and used regular joe-public Optimax etc fuel ... :(
Based on my experience this season, I reckon you'd be in a class of one :) - I challenge you to try to get a half-decent place in the paddock if you're arriving at later than 6pm on a test day, let alone just turning up for race day- no chance matey! :D
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

Yorick wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:16 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:53 pm

That's proper cheating.
How about racing there the previous weekend?

When i was instructing, I often got fast kids asking me to show them round a new to them circuit.
I could have done with you at Oulton and Combe :lol: :wave:

I know that (in theory at least ;) ) you will never get to see this post as I don't exist in Yorick world, but just in case anyone does quote it, I honestly think that you really ought to come Bandit racing- it's obvious that racing was a real biggie (the biggest?) for you , and based on the amount of times you post your old LC days pics etc, I don't think it can be in any doubt that you really miss those days.
Bandit racing is probably the closest class you can get to that these days, fair few old feckers and very few (well, none really) young whippersnappers doing it, it's undoubtedly one of the cheapest classes, which of course is important to Yorkshire sorts- you need to do it.

Great bunch of people, top fun and once you've done that first race, barreled into that first corner 6 abreast and got that hit again, I guarantee you'll find TDs dull-dull-de-dull-dull and they'll hold absolutely no interest for you except for the social aspect. Pretty sure you'd win some tin and plastic , and you'd likely beat me too as an added bonus, if that matters.

You could own a bike that's capable of winning for less than what it'll cost you to hire that Portimao TD gixxer, it'd cost you 3/5 of feck all in tyres, book ahead and you have cheap flights over for whatever rounds you decide, the only big costs would be the entry fees

Gwann- I'll even keep and transport your bike to meetings if you want :thumbup:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

This one just turned up on my YT feed.How much to run in the BSB Superstock class as a privateer?
They discuss the cost of a season's racing in this one.