Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Saga Lout

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Saga Lout »

I can tolerate Raspberry jam. I like strawberry jam. Raspberry jam and strawberry jam look very similar and sit next to each other on the supermarket shelves. The last time I wanted to buy strawberry jam I bought raspberry jam by mistake. :angry-cussingblack:

Yeah, I know, first world problem, poor obs etc. :(
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Saga Lout wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:18 pm I can tolerate Raspberry jam. I like strawberry jam. Raspberry jam and strawberry jam look very similar and sit next to each other on the supermarket shelves. The last time I wanted to buy strawberry jam I bought raspberry jam by mistake. :angry-cussingblack:

Yeah, I know, first world problem, poor obs etc. :(
I had to spend a week on the bed with a damp towel on my forehead after I bought ground cumin instead of cumin seed. :shock:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I can't remember a worse summer than this one. It looks as grey as a November day out there. :thumbdown:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Barn find.

Did you ask the owners permission to sell it, Is it really yours to sell or do you mean old heap of shit your want rid of? We had a farmer out this way with a bunch of 80's cars what were in a barn. They were all his as was the barn but each one was up for sale as a barn find. Did you forget they were in the barn you tit.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:31 am I can't remember a worse summer than this one. It looks as grey as a November day out there. :thumbdown:
Almost sunny with blue sky in parts up this way. Bloody windy though.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Windy here as well. So glad i went to Spain for a week to remind me what decent weather is like. Long hot sunny days, with warm balmy nights and no asthma for a whole week. :thumbup:
Felix

Post by Felix »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:46 am Windy here as well. So glad i went to Spain for a week to remind me what decent weather is like. Long hot sunny days, with warm balmy nights and no asthma for a whole week. :thumbup:
Aye but its full of the Spanish :lol:
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Felix wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:56 am
Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:46 am Windy here as well. So glad i went to Spain for a week to remind me what decent weather is like. Long hot sunny days, with warm balmy nights and no asthma for a whole week. :thumbup:
And Essex blokes.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Saga Lout wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:40 am
Felix wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:56 am
And Essex blokes.
Home from home! :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:31 am I can't remember a worse summer than this one. It looks as grey as a November day out there. :thumbdown:
:obscene-birdiedoublered:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:15 am
Totally envy you and Piranha and anyone else that lives in a warmer clime. If we didn't have elderly dependants, we'd be on the move. We're now both in agreement that we will move abroad when the time is right for us. :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:33 am
Totally envy you and Piranha and anyone else that lives in a warmer clime. If we didn't have elderly dependants, we'd be on the move. We're now both in agreement that we will move abroad when the time is right for us. :thumbup:
Sunny weather everyday is good for the spirit. We have problems like everyone else. But easier to cope when it's a lovely day.

P.S. you'd hate Lanzarote :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:40 am

Sunny weather everyday is good for the spirit. We have problems like everyone else. But easier to cope when it's a lovely day.
Have to agree with that.
non quod, sed quomodo
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Bloomin' thermonomic migrants. :angry-cussingblack:

:lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

It might be a case of having to move to a hotter climate for medical reasons. I developed LOA (late onset asthma) about 10 years ago, but in Spain I didn't get any asthma or breathing problems! I have slightly restricted movement in my index fingers due to arthritis, but that also disappears when in the hotter weather. I wonder if I can get the NHS to buy me a villa? :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:15 pm

It might be a case of having to move to a hotter climate for medical reasons. I developed LOA (late onset asthma) about 10 years ago, but in Spain I didn't get any asthma or breathing problems! I have slightly restricted movement in my index fingers due to arthritis, but that also disappears when in the hotter weather. I wonder if I can get the NHS to buy me a villa? :D
I've loads of broken bones from racing etc. The warm weather is keeping any pain at bay.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Perfect Draft site is down, meaning I can't order any kegs of beer.

For the love of God, I've got pissheads coming around at the weekend. :o
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

I answered an email earlier, included 'not in a month of Sunday's' within the body of the message, the original sender replied with 'LOL I had to Google that haha'

:angry-cussingblack: Do they not teach bloody kids anything nowadays :angry-cussingblack:
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

MrLongbeard wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 1:30 pm I answered an email earlier, included 'not in a month of Sunday's' within the body of the message, the original sender replied with 'LOL I had to Google that haha'

:angry-cussingblack: Do they not teach bloody kids anything nowadays :angry-cussingblack:
To be fair, although I'm familiar with the expression, I'm not sure where it comes from...
non quod, sed quomodo
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Rockburner wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:19 pm To be fair, although I'm familiar with the expression, I'm not sure where it comes from...
Time is merely a byproduct of a conscious observer and is entirely subjective. A long boring drawn out Sunday can last forever especially if you are required to attend a long drawn out boring sermon. Either way, you're most likely not at work where time can pass relatively quickly when you're busy or working to a deadline.

A months worth of those long drawn out Sundays of course equates to literally 30 or 31 weeks or two and a half years.

Not sure if everyone has experienced the "slow motion" of an accident. I've had more than my fair share where I appear to have time to watch the inevitable doom unfold. I **think** your brain is saturated with endorphins as the rest of your body is primed with an extra shot of adrenaline. Not only does the accident seem to go on forever, the scene is permanently etched into long term memory.

Thankfully those sorts of events only occur once in a blue moon...
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato