Kawasaki H1 1971

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
ChrisW

Re: Kawasaki H1 1971

Post by ChrisW »

I always expect these bikes (excuse the generalisation) to be smaller, and then you see them with the rider on for perspective.
Skub

Post by Skub »

ChrisW wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:18 pm I always expect these bikes (excuse the generalisation) to be smaller, and then you see them with the rider on for perspective.
They are quite a bit scaled down from modern stuff in some respects. Things such as the fuel tank are more dinky because they're not half airbox!

Not the best comparison,but you can see the fuel tank sitting much higher on the Zed. The seat height is similar on them both,an easy both feet flat on the ground.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Pretty sure I saw one of these out and about in Kent today.

Two stroke triple (based on the number of exhausts and the sound) with Kawasaki on the tank. Didn't get a proper look cause I was driving and it was overtaking. Had the same purple colour scheme as some of the bikes posted above.

Have to say, it sounded bloody awful to these ears :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:37 pm Pretty sure I saw one of these out and about in Kent today.

Two stroke triple (based on the number of exhausts and the sound) with Kawasaki on the tank. Didn't get a proper look cause I was driving and it was overtaking. Had the same purple colour scheme as some of the bikes posted above.

The cacophony is an acquired taste. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
cheb

Post by cheb »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:37 pm Pretty sure I saw one of these out and about in Kent today.

We'll hunt you down for that comment. Once the smoke's cleared a bit.
Druid

Post by Druid »

Skub wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:58 pm

The cacophony is an acquired taste. :lol:
In the same way as sprouts are?