Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Nobby

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Nobby »

Felix wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:15 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:43 pm Queueing at a fuel station! I mean, not the queueing per se, although it was bastard hot, but how people behave!!

When I go, if I have to use cash, I'll stop away from the pump is there is a queue, pay the cash, get the little ticket thing (from a sort of cash machine thingy) and then join the queue

Today there were queues at each side of all the pumps :roll: (and I'm in inappropriate kit on a hot Honda and it's nearly midday :roll: :roll: )

So I did that, went and got my top up ticket and sat in the queue. Luckily not in my queue, but a woman had waited for three other cars to fill up before she got to the pumps, THEN she got out and went to get the cash ticket thingy :angry-cussingblack: FFS, that's just rude!! If she'd been in front of my queue I think that by then I'd have squelched over and told her very politely that she's a dick and should consider getting the ticket first!! THEN when she'd got the ticket she then got back in the car to find some plastic gloves to put on before she did the fuelling :o :o :o

It's almost as bad as people who get back in the car and then sit whilst they note the mileage etc, reposition the seat and anything else they can think of before moving off! Have seen bikers fanny arse around getting sorted too. Just pull away to the area ahead where there's loads of space and no queue behind you so then do all the faffing!! :lol: I put the fuel in and refitted the tank bag, pulled off, then stopped in the space and sorted gloves etc etc!!

Some people are just rude!! :angry-cussingblack: :lol: :lol: :lol:
During the week i had a guy at the Tesco pump in one of them two seater Smart car things drive to the second pump from the entrance. As i was turning up he was reversing back to the first pump as it was out of petrol, Diesel only. He stopped between the pumps and got out to fill up. OK fuck you mate. I drove round him and left my van at an angle across the front of his car and started to full up a large almost empty tank. The fucker had the cheek to give me the dirty looks when he walked past to pay. Unfortunately no one came up behind to prevent him from reversing back to pass me but FFS. Another six foot back he would have still been close the the filler cap and i could have parked flush to the pump.
those.
McNab

Post by McNab »

Sainsbury's 'Aldi Price Match' - I'm sure they are increasing the prices of things that are cheaper. This week, 6 round tomatoes for a price matched 95p, last time I bought them they were 79p I think.
I've noticed it on other things too, tinned soup springs to mind, up to 75p and back down to 62p when the price match ends.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Well technically they ain't lying :D
Skub

Post by Skub »

Nobby wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:23 am
Felix wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:15 pm
Noggin wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:43 pm Queueing at a fuel station! I mean, not the queueing per se, although it was bastard hot, but how people behave!!

When I go, if I have to use cash, I'll stop away from the pump is there is a queue, pay the cash, get the little ticket thing (from a sort of cash machine thingy) and then join the queue

Today there were queues at each side of all the pumps :roll: (and I'm in inappropriate kit on a hot Honda and it's nearly midday :roll: :roll: )

So I did that, went and got my top up ticket and sat in the queue. Luckily not in my queue, but a woman had waited for three other cars to fill up before she got to the pumps, THEN she got out and went to get the cash ticket thingy :angry-cussingblack: FFS, that's just rude!! If she'd been in front of my queue I think that by then I'd have squelched over and told her very politely that she's a dick and should consider getting the ticket first!! THEN when she'd got the ticket she then got back in the car to find some plastic gloves to put on before she did the fuelling :o :o :o

It's almost as bad as people who get back in the car and then sit whilst they note the mileage etc, reposition the seat and anything else they can think of before moving off! Have seen bikers fanny arse around getting sorted too. Just pull away to the area ahead where there's loads of space and no queue behind you so then do all the faffing!! :lol: I put the fuel in and refitted the tank bag, pulled off, then stopped in the space and sorted gloves etc etc!!

Some people are just rude!! :angry-cussingblack: :lol: :lol: :lol:
During the week i had a guy at the Tesco pump in one of them two seater Smart car things drive to the second pump from the entrance. As i was turning up he was reversing back to the first pump as it was out of petrol, Diesel only. He stopped between the pumps and got out to fill up. OK fuck you mate. I drove round him and left my van at an angle across the front of his car and started to full up a large almost empty tank. The fucker had the cheek to give me the dirty looks when he walked past to pay. Unfortunately no one came up behind to prevent him from reversing back to pass me but FFS. Another six foot back he would have still been close the the filler cap and i could have parked flush to the pump.
those.
It's a war zone out there. :lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:05 pm Well technically they ain't lying :D
I'm not the only one who it hadn't occured to that price matching could be up as well as down. :D The cheeky fs.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

McNab wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:49 pm Sainsbury's 'Aldi Price Match' - I'm sure they are increasing the prices of things that are cheaper. This week, 6 round tomatoes for a price matched 95p, last time I bought them they were 79p I think.
I've noticed it on other things too, tinned soup springs to mind, up to 75p and back down to 62p when the price match ends.
All supermarkets are on the swizz!! I did a Lidl shop the other day (don't often as the local is tiny and the nearest big one is an hour away!!) - a range of similar products (bacon lardons in particular) and there was one pack 'on offer'. Does no one read the price/kg ?? The offer ones were approx 50% more expensive than the cheapest ones :roll: Thieving gits!!

I shop by price/kg now, well, have done for a while :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Insurance companies, in this case specifically breakdown companies.
Auto renew price offered through email £225
Direct quote price £218
Comparison site price £95

Why the ever living fuck can't they just offer a reasonable, decent price in the first place :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:17 pm All supermarkets are on the swizz!! I did a Lidl shop the other day (don't often as the local is tiny and the nearest big one is an hour away!!) - a range of similar products (bacon lardons in particular) and there was one pack 'on offer'. Does no one read the price/kg ?? The offer ones were approx 50% more expensive than the cheapest ones :roll: Thieving gits!!

French supermarkets seem to be notorious for promoting multipack 'offers' at more than the per/kg price of the individual items.

I'm not allowed to go shopping on my own because I can't concentrate for long enough to buy the right items. What normally happens is that I choose an item and then pick a different item from the shelf below because they all look the same to me
Skub

Post by Skub »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:41 pm Insurance companies, in this case specifically breakdown companies.
Auto renew price offered through email £225
Direct quote price £218
Comparison site price £95

Why the ever living fuck can't they just offer a reasonable, decent price in the first place :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Because I bet they rake it in from those who just let it auto renew and they deliberately use up chunks of your available remaining lifespan asking questions and quoting schitt at you if you bother to shop around. All that pushes folk toward the 'ah fukkit' auto option.

My da never once changed his insurance company in 70 odd years of driving,he just paid the bill and moved on. There's some hefty financial punishment for that kind of loyalty,but they didn't waste so much of his time either.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

If'n they'd have offered it at last years price of £150 I would have taken it without checking, the greedy bastards
McNab

Post by McNab »

Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:17 pm
McNab wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:49 pm Sainsbury's 'Aldi Price Match' - I'm sure they are increasing the prices of things that are cheaper. This week, 6 round tomatoes for a price matched 95p, last time I bought them they were 79p I think.
All supermarkets are on the swizz!! I did a Lidl shop the other day (don't often as the local is tiny and the nearest big one is an hour away!!) - a range of similar products (bacon lardons in particular) and there was one pack 'on offer'. Does no one read the price/kg ?? The offer ones were approx 50% more expensive than the cheapest ones :roll: Thieving gits!!

Yep, back to the tomatoes again, 95p for 400g or loose £1.75 per kg, I'm buying loose from now on.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

McNab wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:50 pm
Noggin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:17 pm

Yep, back to the tomatoes again, 95p for 400g or loose £1.75 per kg, I'm buying loose from now on.
It's always irritating when they price one pack of tomatoes by weight and another by number, I'll go and find scales so they can be compared.
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Mussels wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:00 pm It's always irritating when they price one pack of tomatoes by weight and another by number, I'll go and find scales so they can be compared.
A particular bugbear is loose peppers per kg vs bundled peppers per pack, with the latter always promoted. Inevitably the loose ones are better value if you're going on weight alone.

But then the majority of supermarkets should have their garden produce counters bombed from outer space. Don't get me started on so called fresh fruit from these places.

We've gone back to proper markets for our f&v and typically the quality is so much better.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:16 pm
Mussels wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:00 pm It's always irritating when they price one pack of tomatoes by weight and another by number, I'll go and find scales so they can be compared.
A particular bugbear is loose peppers per kg vs bundled peppers per pack, with the latter always promoted. Inevitably the loose ones are better value if you're going on weight alone.

But then the majority of supermarkets should have their garden produce counters bombed from outer space. Don't get me started on so called fresh fruit from these places.

We've gone back to proper markets for our f&v and typically the quality is so much better.
I've started using the fruit and veg stalls at our weekly market again for some things. You have to be a bit picky because what was good one week may not be the next but, you do get chance to select and buy just what you need.

I suspect our market is a bit different from yours - the 2 big veg stalls at ours look like they load up the big wagons once a week and then do a different market every weekday so some stuff can get a little tired. eg I bought a fair bit of fresh ginger one week because it looked :thumbup: Then, on the Thursday 2 weeks later, it looked liked the remnants of the same box.

It's not cheap either, but people seem to just assume it's cheaper than the supermarkets. M&S is pretty good, Sainsbury OK, Coop limited and a bit meh.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:38 pm
I suspect our market is a bit different from yours
They can be a bit variable but some of the stuff is fantastic, very tasty. Local melons are in season at the moment, can't get enough of them.
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Getting breakfast at a cafe where they put the toast on the same plate as your meal.

So you end up spreading the butter on the toast when it’s on the table.

Winds me up every time.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

DefTrap wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:14 pm Local melons are in season at the moment, can't get enough of them.
Tit monday was ages ago.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Scotsrich wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:26 pm Getting breakfast at a cafe where they put the toast on the same plate as your meal.

So you end up spreading the butter on the toast when it’s on the table.

Winds me up every time.
Just once I'd like to be served a fry-up with the beans ON the toast/fried slice.

Also hate getting the beans in a little ramekin (especially when the ramekin is ON the plate!)
non quod, sed quomodo
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Rockburner wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:54 pm hate...the beans
FTFY
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

gremlin wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:05 pm
Rockburner wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:54 pm hate...the beans
FTFY
Everyone is weird to someone.
non quod, sed quomodo