What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Rockburner

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Rockburner »

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:13 pm After yesterday's tumble I was in a lot of pain so decided to head to the hozzy.

Were very thorough and after the x-ray, the doctor called in the traumatologist as she wasn't happy.
He prodded and poked and decided I have damaged ligaments to needed a cast on.

20240801_180318.jpg
Hope it heals quickly.

Good to know that the health care system there works well.
non quod, sed quomodo
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

ChrisW wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:40 pm Post office for cash for the taxi from the airport - we're off on proper holidays at the weekend.
Bolt FTW!
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yorick wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:13 pm After yesterday's tumble I was in a lot of pain so decided to head to the hozzy.

Were very thorough and after the x-ray, the doctor called in the traumatologist as she wasn't happy.

20240801_180318.jpg
I see you have the pain medication on hand (pardon the pun) :thumbup:

GWS.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Signed my life away to the corporate world again!

Signed a contract to take the permanent role I've held as a contractor for the last 8 or 9 months with a company that I've done work for since 2019.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

20240801_180318.jpg
Still a wanker? ;)
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Been to Muğla, the provincial capital so M could buy her car and we could drop off the last bit of paperwork for her brother's residency.

Car purchase here is done at the notary so we met the seller there and apart from the plonker not wanting the money direct from M's account there were no real issues. However, used car prices here a very high as there are very few new cars available, but she's happy.

If you are wondering, a 2013 Dacia Duster that is staying on Turkish plates rather than foreigner plates - only owner and direct family can drive the car if it's on foreigner plates. It's in good order.

Oh, and 2 young brown bears have been seen in the Marmaris area. No word on Mum and/or Dad.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

20240801_180318.jpg
Donut! Heal fast :wub:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Not had the best day. Started well and with lots of positivity :roll: The only universe baseball bat I guess - A-fucking-gain!!

Had coffee at mate's cafe with a couple of friends then drove to the tax office.

Somewhat confused that they didn't received the tax info that was submitted by the France Service lady in APRIL - so my 2023 tax return is late and I don't have the paperwork I need

Also, the info I sent in June (recorded delivery and they've received it as the name change has been processed) she initially said it wasn't received. FFS. Then she said it's in process.

I left exceptionally stressed as I need the paperwork from 22 and 23 very very soon - but now don't know when I will get it :( :(

Then drove to Grenoble for an EMG (is it Electromyagram in english? Nerve test - first two were needles put into various parts of the arm/hand then electic pulses put through)

Anyway - first off, it's almost impossible ot see the access screen outside as it face the sun and . . . :angry-cussingblack: Managed to get in, saw receptionist who wouldn't use my actual first name in the system because she said "it doesn't work" Well it works in every other fing medical place and you've just entered an incorrect/non legal first name in the system :roll: :roll: FFS - then had the cheek to say "it doesn't matter" :angry-cussingblack:

Finally got to see the nerve lady who spoke a million miles and hour, was a patronising shit, told me I had nothing to worry about etc etc. Well, if there's nothing to worry about, WTF do I get nerve pains a lot and WTF do I have constant pins and needles in my thumb and often in other parts of my hand/arm.

Good news she said was it isn't carpal tunnel syndrome. Well, both the surgeon and I were crossing fingers and hoping 100% that it was carpal tunnel. Even when I told her that she kept saying, it's nothing to sorry about. But couldn't explain the snesations/pain and said - "oh it'll just be a bit of tendonitis from riding a moto, don't worry"

:angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

FFS woman. It's got nothing to do with the moto as started before I did much and continues even when I don't ride, or don't ski, or don't drive

I do so hate medical fuckwits that are patronising and condescending in equal measure - so deserved a slap :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

Then got a text to tell me that the guy who's Capri I was supposed to drive tomorrow for a motor show up here doesn't have the sort of insurance that means others can drive the car - but he's ok for me to drive it uninsured 'if I'm careful' :shock: :shock: :shock: FFS!! I've never known a car restricted to owner driver only. And no way can I risk driving in a group of cars (or on it's own!) uninsured cos of my job!! Gutted :( :( :(

But I did get to see some good friends on the way home that I've not seen for almost a year and then got to Lidl before it closed so I have ice creams in the freezer and some chinese 'treats' in the fridge for when I'm ready to eat actual food (instead of ice cream! :lol: :lol: )

:obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Removed a large flashing/gutter from a building, attached a load of unistrut to a girder so the ceiling fixers have something to fix to then attacked a few cupboards that go through some stud walls and so far no shiny suited car salesmen have complained about dust on their laptops yet so thats a win.
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Been using the WMD today. And yes, of course the concrete was reinforced!
IMG_20240803_120958.jpg
IMG_20240803_120958.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 399 times
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

20240801_180318.jpg
I told you, 99, change hands!
Should have done that before discovering you need a new screen on the gixxer!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Oil and filters time. This was what I had for my Africa Twin but it’s the same kit for the xadv, well the oil should be 10/30w but I’m a carefree rebel who likes to ride on the last chance highway…

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Taipan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:23 pm Oil and filters time. This was what I had for my Africa Twin but it’s the same kit for the xadv, well the oil should be 10/30w but I’m a carefree rebel who likes to ride on the last chance highway…

@Taipan did the CB get collected?
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

weeksy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:39 pm
Taipan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 2:23 pm Oil and filters time. This was what I had for my Africa Twin but it’s the same kit for the xadv, well the oil should be 10/30w but I’m a carefree rebel who likes to ride on the last chance highway…

@Taipan did the CB get collected?
No, not yet. He's in the middle of house move but has contacted me to pologise and say he still wants it and will get to me asap. I cant see him leaving the house move all to his wife whilst he goes and gets his new bike and pop out for a ride on it? But I guess he wouldn't text me twice if he'd blown out? Dunno what to think TBH. :crazy:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Crawled under the car, removed the undertray, pulled out the oil filter drain plug and dropped a mugs worth of oil. Put the undertray back on, replacing the missing bolt (which you think Volvo would have done when they serviced it in April.

Been for a test drive and the 'oil over filled' (which it's been showing on and off for the last two weeks, but mostly on this week) message is gone.

Can't decide if it was doing it because the outside temps are a bit warmer so the oil has expanded a bit, or if it's diesel from a failed re-gen.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

20240801_180318.jpg
Just been Googling.

Light ligaments damage up to 8 weeks recovery.
Heavy damage up to 16 weeks.
Bollocks.
Got MRI booked in 2 weeks

Got Portimao end October. Hmmm.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

20240801_180318.jpg
GWS, hope that's not the bum wiping hand.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Tada!
IMG_20240803_172646.jpg
IMG_20240803_172646.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 357 times
ogri

Post by ogri »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:04 pm Crawled under the car, removed the undertray, pulled out the oil filter drain plug and dropped a mugs worth of oil. Put the undertray back on, replacing the missing bolt (which you think Volvo would have done when they serviced it in April.

Been for a test drive and the 'oil over filled' (which it's been showing on and off for the last two weeks, but mostly on this week) message is gone.

Can't decide if it was doing it because the outside temps are a bit warmer so the oil has expanded a bit, or if it's diesel from a failed re-gen.
If the oil smels of diesel and/or is pretty runny, you may want to consider an oil change to stop your big ends going tits up soonish?
Ignorance is bliss
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

KungFooBob wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 3:04 pm Crawled under the car, removed the undertray, pulled out the oil filter drain plug and dropped a mugs worth of oil. Put the undertray back on, replacing the missing bolt (which you think Volvo would have done when they serviced it in April.

Known issue with Ovlov diesels, when the DPF trys to regen it dumps extra fuel in the cylinders and can wash by the rings to the sump. Service bulletin telling dealers not to fill to max when servicing....