What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Rockburner

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Rockburner »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:35 pm Back from the pump mechanic. Sending me for more tests next month that involves me drinking some godawful mix the might before & then have go through a series of tests that last about 5 hours... but I get a break in the middle during which I am instructed to "go eat a burger & fries & have a large coke" apparently that's part of the test. (WooT! Carl's Jr for an El Diablo!)
Was also told to "stay away from children & pregnant women for few days" after I drink the goop.
Me: Great, will I glow in the dark?
Nurse: Lil' bit..
Stay away from military installations...
non quod, sed quomodo
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Correction:
I get injected with the goop on the day of the test, twice.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Just hung three 15lb mirrors on a wall, all we need now is a quake to test gravity.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

This morning: Pupster going to the groomer so he'll be all stinky fresh :thumbup:

This afternoon: Biopsies... :thumbdown:
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Took my wife up to the emergency dental hospital this morning as she had really bad toothache. Only to be told we should have phoned first to get an appointment.

She filled in a form and they said they probably wouldn’t be able to take her till tomorrow. So we just came home.

Literally just pulled up onto the car parking space at the house when the phone went. I didn’t even have my seat belt off. Can you get here in an hours time?

So another 30 miles into the middle of Edinburgh.

All sorted now but 120 miles I could have done without doing.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Rode back from Treignac. Tried to stay off the motorway this time - partly to avoid the almost 55€ tolls :shock: :shock:

Ok, the difference in time is over 2 hours - think it was 5.75 driving hours to go down by mway and 8.25 driving hours to come back not motorway!! :lol: :lol:

I left at 9.15 this morning and got home at 19.10 - including a couple of shortish stops, a small diversion to find a fuel station that hadn't shut down and a quick diversion in resort to check a friends postbox so I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow!! :lol: :lol:

I've bloody knackered! Can't believe I made it in one piece - I did bail on the back roads after Chambery as the constant gear changing had challenged both my spazzy arm and my left wrist!! :o But that short bit was only 3.10€ so that was worth it to save my wrist/arm and also 20 mins!! :lol:

Lots of sleep tomorrow :angelic-green:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Which bits of the Auvergne did you ride through, any of the Volcanic Park?
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Ditchfinder wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:38 pm Which bits of the Auvergne did you ride through, any of the Volcanic Park?
Honestly, I have no idea!! LOL I hardly stopped, had a look at a few things in the distance, rode over four cols (very low ones!!) and just tried to look after my arm enough to get me home!! LOL Doesn't help that I am absolutely useless at geography - had a discussion with one of my friends cos I said they were south of me - they are West! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the route I took, does that tell you? It was mostly trees until I got near Aix les Bains (mostly, could have missed stuff either side of me, I do try to look ahead more than anything else :1 :1 )-

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Looks like you missed the big passes near the ski resorts and the big volcanoes.

Probably best with a dicky arm though.

Can't wait to get a bike out there having driven quite a few of the good bits, it's always "this would be fab on a bike" going through my head
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Ditchfinder wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:05 pm Looks like you missed the big passes near the ski resorts and the big volcanoes.

Probably best with a dicky arm though.

Can't wait to get a bike out there having driven quite a few of the good bits, it's always "this would be fab on a bike" going through my head
Well, I haven't done most of the big passes near me yet!! So I'm kinda saving anything further away until I've done some more of the ones near me :lol: :lol:

If I do the training course in Chambery from mid August, I may well spend some time exploring the passes around the Grenoble area (up to Alp d'Huez/Les Deux Alpes etc).

I do have a vague plan at some point to do the Col de la Madelaine near me, then down the other side, Col du Galibier and back over this way via Col de l'Iseran. Similar time to today but just over half the distance!! Might need a week or so to recover, but also the Col de l'Iseran isn't open yet :angelic-green: :angelic-green:

TBF, there's probably a better route or split the cols over two days and two better routes!! LOL I'll start thinking of that more when I have some brain back after today!! :lol:

If you're ever over this way (Savoie, 73) let me know :D I might have worked out some decent routes by then!!

Oh, one plane is to do the Route du Napoleon sometime cos I have mates down by Nice, but if I do the training course, then it won't be this summer :( :(
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

The pre-brexit,COVID, Truss plan was to retire out there but....

Now the hope is to spend the 90 in 180 there and hopefully have a suitable bike (s) available for rides as above

We're Cantal 15 when we're able to get out there
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Ditchfinder wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:28 pm The pre-brexit,COVID, Truss plan was to retire out there but....

Now the hope is to spend the 90 in 180 there and hopefully have a suitable bike (s) available for rides as above

We're Cantal 15 when we're able to get out there
I'm planning a decent length trip over to la Correze (Treignac) next spring and, depending on where in 15, you aren't 'that' far away for meet ups if I manage the planned 2 week stay :D Will shout if the plan works :D :D
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

We're in Pleaux 15700, we're usually skiing elsewhere in Spring though so might miss your trip. We try to get out late May early June
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Greetings from Chinon. A Count recommended spot I believe!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr Moofo wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:53 pm Greetings from Chinon. A Count recommended spot I believe!
Gulp.

Hope you think it's OK. Where are you staying?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Taipan wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:47 pm Been invited to dinner on Wednesday night. Its at a Japanese restaurant! :hmmm: I bet they don't have a free salad bar! :thumbdown: WTF is a bento box anyway? :wtf:
I was right. No free salad bar or red devil sauce! :thumbdown:

TBH, I felt it was just over priced, small portions of admittedly nicely cooked and presented food, but deffo not for me.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:56 pm
Taipan wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:47 pm Been invited to dinner on Wednesday night. Its at a Japanese restaurant! :hmmm: I bet they don't have a free salad bar! :thumbdown: WTF is a bento box anyway? :wtf:

TBH, I felt it was just over priced, small portions of admittedly nicely cooked and presented food, but deffo not for me.
Didn't they serve jellied eels ? 😉
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Biopsies done. First time 4 years ago was *meh*. 2nd time 2 years ago looked like a scene from a slaughterhouse & just a bit of discomfort

This time it appears the lidocaine didn't work so well & I almost levitated off the table 3 or 4 times. Barely a drop of claret.

Now I get to piss blood for a couple of days...Also: Pink spooge.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yorick wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:01 pm

LOl. If they had of they'd have been 3 of them in one inch square pieces with roe on top and a bit of wasabi and charged you £20! :roll: :D
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 8:43 am
Yorick wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:01 pm

LOl. If they had of they'd have been 3 of them in one inch square pieces with roe on top and a bit of wasabi and charged you £20! :roll: :D
LOL. Some of the tourist tapas places here are a rip off. But holidaymakers don't seem to care.
We go to the villages for better food and value.