Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
MrLongbeard

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by MrLongbeard »

Public transport, first time on a train in over a couple of decade's, fuck knows how people do this every day, and pay through the nose for it.
Felix

Post by Felix »

MrLongbeard wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 4:25 pm Public transport, first time on a train in over a couple of decade's, fuck knows how people do this every day, and pay through the nose for it.
Train will depend on where i am going. Sod long distance but my wee town is the end of a line and straight into Edinburgh Waverly. Its about £9.20 return and takes 25 minutes. This weekend is the start of Edinburgh LEZ so it makes sense to go by train. My sister is in Edinburgh but outside the LEZ so as its free parking i will continue to take the car.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I've had free bus and train travel for over eight years and I may have used the train 3 times in that period. People are wankers.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Skub wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:31 pm I've had free bus and train travel for over eight years and I may have used the train 3 times in that period. People are wankers.
One for you Skub!

Skub

Post by Skub »

Bigjawa wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 9:11 pm One for you Skub!

:lol:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Been getting around Copenhagen on the local metro for the last few days. £10 for a 48hr ticket, trains arrive every couple of minutes, not seen a drunk person, a homeless person or a shit busker yet :thumbup:
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

I love travelling by train.

Anyway BYP: pet insurance.
Our lovely dog has just turned ten (ish - he's a rescue, so it's all a bit ish). He now costs more to insure than the fucking Audi.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

The latest mangling of the English language in an ad on the telly.

Some company selling shorts (iirc), which apparently are made "consciously".

Yes "consciously".

WTAF. :wtf: :wtf:

I mean, I would automatically assume that the person on low pay making the garments was awake, but it's nice to be assured of the fact.

I assume they mean "conscientiously"? :eh:
non quod, sed quomodo
Horse

Post by Horse »

Rockburner wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:55 pm I assume they mean "conscientiously"? :eh:
https://diversity.social/unconscious-vs-subconscious/

A simple analogy of Unconscious and Subconscious
Our mind has different levels, kind of like a house with different floors. The top floor is where we do our thinking, like deciding what to eat for breakfast or what clothes to wear. This is called our conscious mind, because we are aware of what we’re doing and thinking.

But there are other parts of our mind that we’re not always aware of. The next floor down is called the subconscious. It’s where our brain stores things that we don’t need to think about all the time, like how to walk or ride a bike. We don’t have to think about these things consciously because our brain has already learned how to do them and stored the information in our subconscious.

Finally, the bottom floor is called the unconscious. This is where our brain stores things that we’re not aware of at all, like dreams or our deepest fears and desires. We don’t have control over our unconscious thoughts and feelings because they are hidden from our conscious mind.

So, to sum up: the conscious mind is what we’re actively thinking about, the subconscious is what we’ve learned and stored in our brain, and the unconscious is what we’re not aware of at all.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

The weather is really BMP! It looks like November out there, grey skies, pissing rain and cold enough that the heating has come on. :wtf: FFS will summer ever start! :angry-cussingblack:
Druid

Post by Druid »

Sunny wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:01 pm I love travelling by train
Me too. I am currently sat on a train somewhere between Settle and Carlisle, enjoying some of the most stunning scenery in the country.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Taipan wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:13 pm The weather is really BMP! It looks like November out there, grey skies, pissing rain and cold enough that the heating has come on. :wtf: FFS will summer ever start! :angry-cussingblack:
Bright sunshine here. :D :D

breezy as hell though, and cold with it.
non quod, sed quomodo
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Trains are fine so long as I'm the only person in the carriage, commuting in and out of Brighton I get to see the dregs of society kicking off and trying everything not too buy a ticket. Southern have recently employed the "Ticket Taliban" at Brighton to stop the scrotes travelling from the East to West Coast for free and its generating a LOT of upset, shame that Southern can't employ the real Taliban to administer summery justice for the fare evading scum. Some heads on pikes outside the station would be a good start.

Also whilst I'm ranting, the parents of the little darlings that make the west coast commuters and other travellers lives a misery need stringing up, along with their spawn.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Druid

Post by Druid »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 2:22 pm Trains are fine so long as I'm the only person in the carriage, commuting in and out of Brighton I get to see the dregs of society kicking off and trying everything not too buy a ticket. Southern have recently employed the "Ticket Taliban" at Brighton to stop the scrotes travelling from the East to West Coast for free and its generating a LOT of upset, shame that Southern can't employ the real Taliban to administer summery justice for the fare evading scum. Some heads on pikes outside the station would be a good start.

Also whilst I'm ranting, the parents of the little darlings that make the west coast commuters and other travellers lives a misery need stringing up, along with their spawn.
Basically, people BYP
I can't disagree with that
Bigjawa

Post by Bigjawa »

Sunny wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:01 pm I love travelling by train.

Our lovely dog has just turned ten (ish - he's a rescue, so it's all a bit ish). He now costs more to insure than the fucking Audi.
Cheer up, My 2 younger Rotts are £500 odd each and my Malinois is £800. They won't touch the oldest Rott as she's 13.
McNab

Post by McNab »

Bigjawa wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:46 pm
Sunny wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:01 pm I love travelling by train.

Cheer up, My 2 younger Rotts are £500 odd each and my Malinois is £800. They won't touch the oldest Rott as she's 13.
But you've not seen how much it cost to insure his Audi :shock: :D
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Shoulders. I've dealt with a shit right shoulder for almost 7 years now. It's my normal. It's no longer actually painful, but it's regularly grumpy/uncomfortable/difficult!

BUT - yesterday afternoon for no apparent reason my left arm/shoulder became ridiculously painful. Like actually painful. With my issue that I've not found any pain meds that actually work, that was a bit of a challenge for doing stuff - cooking, sleeping etc :roll: I've mastered with one hand but when the good arm makes movement difficult, well, it's been interesting :roll: :roll: Although the hot water in the shower seems to have helped a smidge!!

So, no heading far by bike, but the sun is out so I'll see if I can get to town for coffee, and the sun is out so it's totally worth a go! No hairpins from cat sit house and only a bit less than 10 minutes to town. I can change my mind and come back for the car!

But FFS WTF did this happen, what did I do??? :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Just cycled back from a pub - pint of cooking lager, a small lemonade and a packet of crisps. £10.50!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:19 pm Just cycled back from a pub - pint of cooking lager, a small lemonade and a packet of crisps. £10.50!
That's 4 bottles of half decent red from the local bodega. Mercadona own brand beer is as good as the mainstream stuff at €0.37 a can. A pint in the English bar is €3.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

ChrisW wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:19 pm Just cycled back from a pub - pint of cooking lager, a small lemonade and a packet of crisps. £10.50!
Pint here at my local is 1.80€
20240601_200438.jpg
20240601_200438.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 430 times