self driving vehicle on UK motorways in 2023

Riding tips, guides, safety gear, IAM, ROSPA and anything related to keeping riders alive longer !
The Spin Doctor

Re: self driving vehicle on UK motorways in 2023

Post by The Spin Doctor »

But the technology is mature enough to let loose on the roads!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

cheb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:23 pm Just watched it. To me it's still 'Coffee is hot, moron.' What more is there? There's at least 701 morons in the US? Not gripping a very hot cup between your thighs is one of those things you should know by the time you are considered an adult. I drink tea, serve me tea at an immediately drinkable temperature and you'll get a raised eyebrow and pointed look.

I reminded of a comment made about someone who'd been rescued off a mountain whilst woefully unprepared for the weather and was banging on about it not being their fault. 'If I did something that stupid I'd keep quiet about it.'
But TBF, selling coffee that had caused third degree burns to 700+ customers prior to this and not reducing the sale temperature enough to prevent this is a bit stupid of the company isn't it??

But I do agree with you on the mountain rescue comment!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
cheb

Post by cheb »

How hot was the 'too hot for 700 customers'? Too hot to drink immediately maybe? Not the exact same temperature they wanted toddler stylee? What percentage of total customers is 700? Vanishly small I suspect.

The local hospital has to do a complete formal complaint procedure as a relative decided the morgue viewing area was "Too cold".

Still, you can never bee too careful, if it save one life, think of the children etc.
Horse

Post by Horse »

cheb wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:29 am How hot was the 'too hot for 700 customers'?
Same answer as to your question on the previous page:

700+ previous instances of customers being injured, for which they had paid out massive compensation

She suffered third degree burns, required plastic surgery
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: