Aprilia Caponord, opinions please

Anything you like about motorbikes
636mick

Aprilia Caponord, opinions please

Post by 636mick »

Still looking for another bike, considering one of the above, 2014, 20k miles. Anyone got any experience of Aprilia in general and the newer shape Caponord in particular ? It’s a Multistrada clone but, anyone%?
The other option is a Triumph Trophy, which I have hankered after since launch!!
Ta
Mick.
KungFooBob

Re: Aprilia Caponord, opinions please

Post by KungFooBob »

At one point they were selling them off with all the options/luggage for not a lot of money, I guess it's had a knock on for the 2nd hand prices.

You'd get more for your money with a recent(ish) DL1000 v-strom, but it doesn't have the power or the gismos... or the worry about reliability and lack of parts availability.

What's the budget?

I really like my old Varadero, they're a bit old hat in comparison, but cheap and Honda.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Is it this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-14-APRI ... Sw31JfqePr

I'm not sure about SBF, I've heard they buy them cheap, do nothing to them and punt them out cheap, preferably on finance.
Beancounter

Post by Beancounter »

I've got a mkII (2007) ETV1000 Caponord so not the same as you're looking at. If you haven't already, might be worth venturing over here https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/for ... onord-1200
636mick

Post by 636mick »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:02 pm Is it this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-14-APRI ... Sw31JfqePr

I'm not sure about SBF, I've heard they buy them cheap, do nothing to them and punt them out cheap, preferably on finance.
Yep, that one. I’ve dealt with SBF a couple of times to buy. No massive issues, they do buy cheap, but they sell cheap too. It’s cash but they still see a need to charge an admin fee!!! Pushes it up another £99. Don’t think they even clean some of their stuff!!

Cheers Beancounter, off for a look over there to get an idea of reliability, it will be used for touring so that will steer my decision. The Triumoh may be a better choice in that respect.
Mick
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

Nope get a versys 1000 or v-strom 👍
Horse

Post by Horse »

636mick wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:28 pm It’s cash but they still see a need to charge an admin fee!!! Pushes it up another £99. Don’t think they even clean some of their stuff!!
I'd not heard of this concept, so Googled.

So, does the advertised price include the £99? If not ...

If a dealer doesn’t display the full price of a car, including any mandatory admin fee, it's contravening the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, because doing so is classed as a ‘misleading action’.
It also goes against the spirit of the Motor Ombudsman’s codes of practice, which most franchised dealers and many independents are signed up to. The Code of Practice for Vehicle Sales states the following on adverts for new and used cars: “Any advertisements will objectively promote vehicle models based upon relevant and verifiable features, including the purchase price. The price quoted for a vehicle should be the ‘on the road’ price for which you can buy the vehicle.”
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Cheers all, heading towards a new shape Trophy, always fancied one. Couchy, looked at Versys and V Strom, didn’t get that me want feeling though.
Thanks for all the advice, all much appreciated,
Mick.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

636mick wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:48 pm Cheers all, heading towards a new shape Trophy, always fancied one. Couchy, looked at Versys and V Strom, didn’t get that me want feeling though.
Thanks for all the advice, all much appreciated,
Mick.
How about something like this Mick- you considered one of these? - Looks to be within your budget

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2017-67-KTM- ... SwV~lfrU2s

(|Couchy will, of course be able to give an opinion on these too :) )
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

If you fancy a Trophy, look at K1600's. They seem quite affordable 2nd hand, especially compared to the same year R12RT's.

...and who wouldn't want a 6 pot?