Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr. Dazzle

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

The car is a lease, but it's a lease through work so it's mad cheap. Practically speaking it's like any other lease it just costs a lot lot less. So I don't pay any BIK or anything like that, I just get what is effectively a big discount on the sticker price but I'm limited to a single brand.

Return conditions are actually reasonably generous, every single panel can be scratched/scuffed and every alloy can be kerbed.

My problem is that I drove into the corner of my own brick wall :lol: Therefore I have a pretty small (~50mm) scrape but it's deep and needs filling etc. rather than just painting. So I need a full on bodyshop and under the terms of the lease I have to use one of the manufacturer's approved ones. I briefly thought about not doing that, but they noted the damage when I got it serviced now so i imagine they'll be asking for a receipt on the repairs when it goes back in July.

Still...even with this I'm faaaashands better off and I'll pay closer attention to my own walls next time.
Felix

Post by Felix »

When we drove leased cars at work a few years back (Peugeot) they got scratch/small dent damaged almost weekly. They never got fixed until the car was due to go back.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

New shed delivered yesterday. This morning I got up and dutifully laid out all the components, except "pack 3; side panel fixing kit" as its missing! :roll: FFS, I was excited about doing this job today and i've even got a solar light for it arriving today. :x
demographic
Location: Less that 50 miles away from Moscow, but which one?

Post by demographic »

Yorick wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm
demographic wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm It's not Bokeh, its wank.
The out of focus shite that seems in fashion on the streaming platforms currently.
Bored with wank camerawork, sort it out.
I put that through Google translate. Nada :(
Were you struggling to put the word "Bokeh" into a search engine?

Go on, try it.
Even I could manage it and I bray nails in for a living.

You can always tell a Yorkshireman.

But you can't tell him much.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

demographic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm
The out of focus shite that seems in fashion on the streaming platforms currently.

Go on, try it.

Maybe he needs to focus more.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:56 pm Nada :(
I put that through Google translate. Nothing :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

demographic wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

Go on, try it.

It just came out of nowhere and seemed out of context.

Busy day here :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

The french habit of overtaking you as you merge onto a DC.
The Moho doesn't accelerate, merely gathers momentum, but frenchies have a nasty habit of coming out behind you on the slip road and blocking you in!
I have decided the best course of action now is to keep coming and let them either back off or move over, might is right!
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

I like the sound of the rain. Like many people, it is relaxing and often helps me sleep. Going to bed last night, I checked the rain radar, saw a band of rain traveling north, and fell asleep listening to the gentle pitter-patter thinking "I could pop out to Bury Hill tomorrow for a sneaky nasty pasty and check the bike's all good for a trip next weekend". Three times I woke up in the night and could still hear it and then when it was still there this morning I put the rain radar on animation and it's not a band of rain traveling north, it's a band of rain going around in a circle over the UK. It could potentially, never pass over. It could rain for the rest of the year.
Lockdown refugee
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Trinity765 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am I like the sound of the rain. Like many people, it is relaxing and often helps me sleep. Going to bed last night, I checked the rain radar, saw a band of rain traveling north, and fell asleep listening to the gentle pitter-patter thinking "I could pop out to Bury Hill tomorrow for a sneaky nasty pasty and check the bike's all good for a trip next weekend". Three times I woke up in the night and could still hear it and then when it was still there this morning I put the rain radar on animation and it's not a band of rain traveling north, it's a band of rain going around in a circle over the UK. It could potentially, never pass over. It could rain for the rest of the year.
That'll mean another hose pipe ban. :(
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

Trinity765 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am I like the sound of the rain. Like many people, it is relaxing and often helps me sleep. Going to bed last night, I checked the rain radar, saw a band of rain traveling north, and fell asleep listening to the gentle pitter-patter thinking "I could pop out to Bury Hill tomorrow for a sneaky nasty pasty and check the bike's all good for a trip next weekend". Three times I woke up in the night and could still hear it and then when it was still there this morning I put the rain radar on animation and it's not a band of rain traveling north, it's a band of rain going around in a circle over the UK. It could potentially, never pass over. It could rain for the rest of the year.
Which App?

I use Rainy Days, it only shows the last 3 hours of radar returns on a loop, but generally that's more reliable than anything else!
non quod, sed quomodo
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Rockburner wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:34 am
Which App?

I use Rainy Days, it only shows the last 3 hours of radar returns on a loop, but generally that's more reliable than anything else!
I'm guessing all rain apps get their data from the same handful of satellites? I use this one the most https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar
Lockdown refugee
Felix

Post by Felix »

Sadlonelygit wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm The french habit of overtaking you as you merge onto a DC.
The Moho doesn't accelerate, merely gathers momentum, but frenchies have a nasty habit of coming out behind you on the slip road and blocking you in!
I have decided the best course of action now is to keep coming and let them either back off or move over, might is right!
I tend to stick to the outside of the slip road lane or right lane if it has two lanes so when you get to the inside line of the motorway inside lane you are entering it first if a gap is there.
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Trinity765 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 am I'm guessing all rain apps get their data from the same handful of satellites? I use this one the most https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar
The met office has some pretty good maps with animations: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/
I mostly use the rainfall map (maps & Charts - Rainfall Map), it has a couple of days of observations and forecasts about a week. (I don't know whether there's a mobile friendly version.)
Sadlonelygit

Post by Sadlonelygit »

Felix wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 am
Sadlonelygit wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm The french habit of overtaking you as you merge onto a DC.
I tend to stick to the outside of the slip road lane or right lane if it has two lanes so when you get to the inside line of the motorway inside lane you are entering it first if a gap is there.
I'm talking about people on the slip road behind you overtaking you, then blocking you in!
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Why do folk make things complicated :mad:

Just bought a brake lever guard for the GSXR. Bag contained the guard, bolt, screw, spacer and washer

Had a quick glance at the enclosed sheet to see where the spacer went. This.....
20240428_134346.jpg
20240428_134346.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 121 times
WTF? Why not just type the instructions?

Then, guess what?

Screenshot_20240428_134509_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240428_134509_Samsung Internet.jpg (233.44 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Fuck me. I didn't need the instructions, but would have been stuffed if I had.

Just keep things simple ;)
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Effing NHS, and in particular our GP practice.

Once upon a time we had a very good system that let us order repeat prescriptions. Then they decided we all need to move to the NHS app. Not only is that a major faff to organise, needing photos of passports and pictures of you to avoid someone impersonating me, and then taking over a week to authorise, it then fails to work when you try to use it. I have tried about 10 times today, and it boots me out every time.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

It might be have a geofilter, it could know you're in Malta and kick you out, something put in to stop Chinese/Russian hackers, etc...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

@Welsh Muffin cutting my hair today with the clippers, "oh shit" after the first run!

No guard fitted. Scalped!!!!
Horse

Post by Horse »

weeksy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:05 pm @Welsh Muffin cutting my hair today with the clippers, "oh shit" after the first run!

No guard fitted. Scalped!!!!
:D

During the first covid lockdown, we were given a set of dog clippers.

But Filly wasn't going to use them on the dogs without any practice.

The first cut she did on me effectively followed what the hairdresser had done.

A few weeks later, second cut not quite so good.

Third one? I looked like one of those penguins with the 'exploding head' style ...
Even bland can be a type of character :wave: