What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:33 pm There's something you don't see every day.

Still paying closer attention to the traffic lights than cyclists too.

Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Changed the plugs on the GSXR1000.

WOW. So much to undo and take off. Even the YouTube video was 15 mins long.
Watched it twice before I started and laid out everything on the bench, to rebuild in reverse order.
Had to take off airbox and filter and all the injectors and the bell mouth thingies.
2 of the plugs were buggers to get out, even with new bendy tools. Then I found another bendy plug tool from my roof. Woo hoo.
Never seen so many tubes, connectors and sensors.
Then a pal popped round and we rebuilt slowly and carefully.
My anxieties levels barely went above 1 or 2 and was really enjoying it.
The video really helped.

And started first time :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Got asked if I wanted to do my last few weeks on garden leave #Win 🤞😎

Hoping therefore that I'll fly home from Malta on Friday and be done. Which'll give me three weeks garden leave (I'd hoped for the best part of three months, but I'll take it 🤣)
Skub

Post by Skub »

Neighbours have a couple of dogs that run amok if they get out,very aggressive/territorial behaviour towards anyone they spot. They ganged up on Mrs.Skub and she was bitten. I went and had a quiet word with the owners,before the dogs get a taste for some wean's face.

A hour or so later the neighbours arrive at the door with a huge bunch of flowers for Mrs.Skub and abject apologies. I have no intention of reporting the dogs this time,but this is the last time I'll be tolerant.

I hope that's the end of it.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:36 am Neighbours have a couple of dogs that run amok if they get out,very aggressive/territorial behaviour towards anyone they spot. They ganged up on Mrs.Skub and she was bitten. I went and had a quiet word with the owners,before the dogs get a taste for some wean's face.

A hour or so later the neighbours arrive at the door with a huge bunch of flowers for Mrs.Skub and abject apologies. I have no intention of reporting the dogs this time,but this is the last time I'll be tolerant.

Tell the wife that you bought them ;)
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Finished a 12hr night shift, got home and dozed, now a complete zombie and really looking forward to 4 12hr day shifts starting tomorrow.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Skub

Post by Skub »

Yorick wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:42 am
Skub wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:36 am Neighbours have a couple of dogs that run amok if they get out,very aggressive/territorial behaviour towards anyone they spot. They ganged up on Mrs.Skub and she was bitten. I went and had a quiet word with the owners,before the dogs get a taste for some wean's face.

Tell the wife that you bought them ;)
Too late. I'll maybe see if I can get the dogs to bite me later,to see what pressies I can get. :thumbup:
Walt Whitman
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Found out my BiL has been diagnosed with vascular dementia + Alzheimers.

Bugger. :(
Skub

Post by Skub »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 pm Found out my BiL has been diagnosed with vascular dementia + Alzheimers.

Bugger. :(
In the words of Terry Pratchett,that's an embuggeration. :(
Walt Whitman
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Apparently, I have worked illegally today!! :lol: I thought I was working tomorrow and got told no, day off. As there's no work at the weekend, I'm finishing work sort of three days before the contract (although I was never working the weekend!).

Turns out that it's illegal to work more than 6 days in a row! I didn't know that! Luckily I didn't have an accident today or apparently it would have been really bad for the company (well, the boss as transport manager :o :o :o )

Bit of a shame really as the transfer tomorrow is one I'd have really liked to do and today was a party in the cafebar I go to so would have been handy to have today off! Hey ho - will know next time :D

Afterwards, went to 1800 to scavenge more ingredients (chalet closing and I often get bags of 'stuff' - what I won't use I share with other people up here that are around all year). Then went for dinner with a mate. We don't see each other very often but he's a fellow black dog sufferer and is also very knowledgable/balanced about financial stuff, so apart from being a great mate, he's brilliant to talk to about the serious stuff. But we still laugh a lot.

Especially when, after a big genepi and a shot of genepi (he only had a shot :roll:) he helped me push the Monster from its winter cold storage to one of the garages my boss has up here. I definitely didn't need to be pushing a motorbike up steep slopes after genepi - and also being very tired :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, the bike is safe and awaiting the next step. And I'm happily knackered and planning a short lie in in the morning :banana-wrench: :banana-wrench:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Had an appointment with my Dr, was surprised when he walked into the room with back-up. They proceeded to give me conflicting diagnosis, potential prescriptions & advice which was no fucking help at all.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Got round to plumbing in the workshop sink 👍. About a month later than I intended 😬
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Hung out in a parking lot while people said nice things about my truck. Was even given a little plaque. Hit the Armenian shop for Baklava, Halva & proper Turkish delight while I was there.

KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Won the lotto!

3 numbers, £30.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Booked flights to Bucharest. Never been to Romania, so looking forward to it already 😊
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Sunny wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 am Booked flights to Bucharest. Never been to Romania, so looking forward to it already 😊
I've been to Cluj a couple of times for work. Romanian is a knock off Temu version of French. Even with my F in GSCE French I would read menus and work stuff in their software.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Gone to work, shouted at a minion for the unforgivable sin of forgetting the veg for today’s roast!
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Skub

Post by Skub »

I had every intention of setting off early on the bike,as the morning was the good part of the day. The problem was,I didn't waken until 9.45 and by that time the clouds were gathering. :roll:
I'll be mostly footering in the garage and watching some Motogp,then.
Walt Whitman
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Just got back from a ride in the rain and wind. Roads are badly flooded and I was treated to an additional soaking by errant car drivers who find it funny hitting you with their bow wave.....knobheads!!
No surprise to find there weren't many other cyclists out today.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Took the dog out for the day so he could poop/pee in other places. Hit the RockStore first, followed by the Sagebrush.. where they are now selling Brit stuff in their little store. Scored 2x Olops, 2 Crunchie, 2 Flakes, Snorker roll, Pasty, Choccy Hobnobs ($9!! FFS) & some sort of questionable Irish pie.
Saw a Ducati reduced to component parts spread across 3 lanes of the 5 Freeway. Looked up the traffic report, apparently he hit two cars. Was stuck in traffic for about 20 minutes, ambulance was still there & in no hurry to leave.