Oh no!

Anything you like about motorbikes
crust

Re: Oh no!

Post by crust »

Gutted for you.

I'd be keeping an eye out on areas where kids ride off-road for the Tri-greeves or local areas where it's been dumped if they can't start it. My XR400 was found when the little bastards blew it up.

I set up an ebay search for Almax chains and bought two of them s/h to lock my bikes up, as well as half a dozen other chains just to slow them down in the hope my cheapy CCTV alrm wakes me in time.

Hopefully they'll turn up, fingers crossed for you.
crust

Post by crust »

Gutted for you.

I'd be keeping an eye out on areas where kids ride off-road for the Tri-greeves or local areas where it's been dumped if they can't start it. My XR400 was found when the little bastards blew it up.

I set up an ebay search for Almax chains and bought two of them s/h to lock my bikes up, as well as half a dozen other chains just to slow them down in the hope my cheapy CCTV alrm wakes me in time.

Hopefully they'll turn up
iansoady

Post by iansoady »

Thanks, did have a drive round but didn't see anything. I don't think it was kids as they were very tidy and obviously knew what they were after. I'm fitting an alarm to the garage with the sounder in the house so it should wake me up. Not sure if I'd want to confront a couple of thugs however......
Skub

Post by Skub »

iansoady wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:45 am Thanks, did have a drive round but didn't see anything. I don't think it was kids as they were very tidy and obviously knew what they were after. I'm fitting an alarm to the garage with the sounder in the house so it should wake me up. Not sure if I'd want to confront a couple of thugs however......
There lies the conundrum. I know I'd be inclined to be a bit rash if I found people stealing my bikes,but the reality is I'm 68 years old and very likely to be spannered by folk comfortable with physical violence. A loud sounder in or outside the garage in the hope they'll not want to be disturbed,may be one solution.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

What action if any have the boys in blue done.??
Yamaha rocket 3
iansoady

Post by iansoady »

Opened and closed the case and given me a case number. Can't say I expected more. In truth there's no evidence other than the bikes / parts (if they turn up). Details are being circulated by the local bike shop who's sending them off to his mates in the trade but as far as I'm concerned they;'re gone.

As regards the alarm, I think I would open a window (we live in a bungalow) and shout "I can see you and I'm coming after you" before smartly closing the window again.....
Skub

Post by Skub »

I wonder can you get an alarm which sounds like a pump action loading? That's a sound to get someone's attention.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:12 pm I wonder can you get an alarm which sounds like a pump action loading? That's a sound to get someone's attention.
Best alarm is a very noisy dog.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

I had two motorbikes stolen. The police recovered both and returned them to me. Ok, this was over 20 years ago and they were both in a bit of a state but it may not be reasonable to assume the police do nothing.