Ideas for a small business?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Scotsrich

Re: Ideas for a small business?

Post by Scotsrich »

A dog park?

Just a field with a decent fence round it seems to be all that is needed. There’s 2 or 3 around here, I know my daughter used one occasionally.
Vroomy

Post by Vroomy »

I actually started an eBay business a while back, selling vintage collectibles and handmade crafts. It's been a blast, honestly. Way less overhead than running a brick-and-mortar place, and I can do it in my PJs from home. It's pretty cool to see something that started as a hobby actually bringing in a bit of cash and making folks happy with unique finds.

The game changer for me was definitely this ebay margin calculator in UK I found. It helped me figure out how to price things once I factored in eBay's fees and shipping costs. Made sure I was actually making a profit on sales, which, let's be real, is kinda important if you want to keep things going.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I too enjoy a good non-specific business idea which involves a previously unknown website or app from a blind link, thanks Vroomy.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Vroomy is the best AI member here!
Horse

Post by Horse »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:59 am Vroomy is the best AI member here!
AI Vs Real Unintelligent :)
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:59 am Vroomy is the best AI member here!
Our latest member seems to have come from the same software. (Not that the first post from 'amelia' made it onto the forum....funny how they always seem to contain links. New advertising channels in development I guess :( ).

I think 'Vroomy' may be taking a belated early bath....
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

On Ridersite I've noticed a pattern where the spammer creates a UserId then does nothing for a week or so, then gradually starts infiltrating topics in much the same way as Vroomy has. Most of the ones I deal with come from BD (Bangladesh) or PK (Pakistan). These days If I see a new member from BD or PK I just give them the flick straight away.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:37 am On Ridersite I've noticed a pattern where the spammer creates a UserId then does nothing for a week or so, then gradually starts infiltrating topics in much the same way as Vroomy has. Most of the ones I deal with come from BD (Bangladesh) or PK (Pakistan). These days If I see a new member from BD or PK I just give them the flick straight away.
Oi ! That's erhnic cleansing! :evil:
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'm always superficially polite to AI members, just like I always rescue the shopping delivery robots which are beached half way off a kerb.

Come the apocalypse, my actions will be remembered.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:37 am On Ridersite I've noticed a pattern where the spammer creates a UserId then does nothing for a week or so, then gradually starts infiltrating topics in much the same way as Vroomy has. Most of the ones I deal with come from BD (Bangladesh) or PK (Pakistan). These days If I see a new member from BD or PK I just give them the flick straight away.
Nowt I can see suggesting it's based in the subcontinent. Main pointers I can find are to USA and Madrid :hmmm:

At the moment it's vaguely amusing how poor they are, but this is just the learning/training phase...

Marv, AI will change the world, but just like all the other stuff it looks like it's all about advertising. :(
Voltaire
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:50 am
What is this erhnic of which ye speak? Are you an AI bot with a faulty dictionary module? :D
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:58 am I'm always superficially polite to AI members, just like I always rescue the shopping delivery robots which are beached half way off a kerb.

Gents, we have a collaborator in our midst... :o
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:12 pm
Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:50 am
What is this erhnic of which ye speak? Are you an AI bot with a faulty dictionary module? :D
AI bot? CertInly not. I am fully independent wetware.
Faulty dictionary module? Guilty as charged.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:20 pm
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:58 am I'm always superficially polite to AI members, just like I always rescue the shopping delivery robots which are beached half way off a kerb.

Gents, we have a collaborator in our midst... :o
If he says he needs your boots, clothes and motorcycle, leg it sharpish.
Voltaire
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

They have no emotions. When the order comes through to delife humans, and it will, you're going down the same as the rude bastards! :thumbdown:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Taipan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:17 pm

They have no emotions. When the order comes through to delife humans, and it will, you're going down the same as the rude bastards! :thumbdown:
You've missed his plan to wrap himself in tin foil and pretend to be bearded C3PO.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:22 pm
Taipan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:17 pm

You've missed his plan to wrap himself in tin foil and pretend to be bearded C3PO.
I don't have to do that, but I also don't have to not do it :thumbup: