VisorDown. Who was on it?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
the_priest

Re: VisorDown. Who was on it?

Post by the_priest »

I was makman. That was a long time ago...
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
katana

Post by katana »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:22 pm
katana wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:18 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:58 am VD scum.

Noddingdogs was where the cool kids hung out.
Were some quite thin skinned people that loved to give people shite but didn't like it thrown back at them.

Remember having a fake arguement with someone, we were message each other chatting to each other to see how much further we could go. We were threatning to go to each others houses, boil bunnies etc. Funny was who was taking sides. Very childish, and two drunk people looking for amusement.
I was originally on the MCN forums, but they fucked them up, changed the software, reduced the bandwidth etc.. so we all moved wholesale to Noddingdogs. We pretty much killed the place. There was a core of maybe 30 of us from MCN who would mention anal sex in every thread and used the c word so prolifically that the owner made it so whenever anyone posted the word it was changed to /oowwee/.
So adult :twisted: Was quite amusing tho.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

katana wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:11 pm
Count Steer wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:04 am
KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:58 am VD scum.

Noddingdogs was where the cool kids hung out.
+ 1down5up or was it 1up5down? :lol:
1down5up...was't there a forum raid when 1up5down were at a bike show.
There was, bless. Everyone got gee'd up to go and show the upstarts what wufty tufty bikers were all about. They wee'd on the carpet and clambered up the curtains and all came home feeling v pleased with themselves. There was another forum that I can't remember the name of that the admin/boss proudly claimed they'd never go down because he had some magical power over the server it was on. I signed up.

Some time (quite a long time tbh) later, got an automated email saying 'If there's anything on here that you want to save, do it now, we're closing down'.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Demannu wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:43 pm I miss Voyager/Fjsrider
Hmm...only in the way that folk used to visit as asylums for entertainment. I ended one 'discussion' with him saying I wasn't medically qualified to continue, not being a psychologist. He was several bobs short of a quid. (He was also Nova as in 'no va' = 'doesn't go' after he'd been booted off yet again....and that took some doing).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:22 pm I was originally on the MCN forums, but they fucked them up, changed the software, reduced the bandwidth etc.. so we all moved wholesale to Noddingdogs. We pretty much killed the place. There was a core of maybe 30 of us from MCN who would mention anal sex in every thread and used the c word so prolifically that the owner made it so whenever anyone posted the word it was changed to /oowwee/.
You sound like a bunch of cuddly wuddly beary boos.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:36 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:22 pm I was originally on the MCN forums, but they fucked them up, changed the software, reduced the bandwidth etc.. so we all moved wholesale to Noddingdogs. We pretty much killed the place. There was a core of maybe 30 of us from MCN who would mention anal sex in every thread and used the c word so prolifically that the owner made it so whenever anyone posted the word it was changed to /oowwee/.
You sound like a bunch of cuddly wuddly beary boos.
Yeah, it was a nightmare if you want to go for a ride out to Scuddlywuddlybearyhorpe.
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

weeksy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:28 am AS you'd expect, i was Weeksy.

A very very different Weeksy to this one you see here today.
So you say 🤣
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I've been on em all, VD, TRC, RTL, ETC.
katana

Post by katana »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:04 pm I've been on em all, VD, TRC, RTL, ETC.
Man and boy,but it is a young mans game.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

The Phantom Pieman on TRC and Visordown
Saga Lout

Post by Saga Lout »

Taipan wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:51 pm Yup, I was on there a Taipan and Big Bald One.
I liked Big Balled Juan. When is he coming back?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Saga Lout wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:02 am I liked Big Balled Juan. When is he coming back?
Is that a growned-up Little Juan?

Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

I was loitering on there too - originally as super_commuter then who I am now....
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

I was on VD but mainly the supermoto forum. I joined......A long long time ago. I phoned Veggie Dave to order a DVD and he told me about the VD SM forum and the White Hert meet ups and I joined off the back of that. It took me about 18 months to really notice there was a VD outside of the supermoto section :lol: It really was a busy subforum. I was Supermofo back then too, but it made more sense then as a play on words! Still think of those days when I go passed the Puckeridge junction or through it occasionally. Ironically I live round the corner now in Hertford but back then was in Wembley or St Albans.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Supermofo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:19 pm I was on VD but mainly the supermoto forum. I joined......A long long time ago. I phoned Veggie Dave to order a DVD and he told me about the VD SM forum and the White Hert meet ups and I joined off the back of that. It took me about 18 months to really notice there was a VD outside of the supermoto section :lol: It really was a busy subforum. I was Supermofo back then too, but it made more sense then as a play on words! Still think of those days when I go passed the Puckeridge junction or through it occasionally. Ironically I live round the corner now in Hertford but back then was in Wembley or St Albans.
Yea I came to VD via the Supermoto forum. The "General" lot weren't keen on us either. Remember the forum raids! :lol:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:13 pm
Supermofo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:19 pm I was on VD but mainly the supermoto forum. I joined......A long long time ago. I phoned Veggie Dave to order a DVD and he told me about the VD SM forum and the White Hert meet ups and I joined off the back of that. It took me about 18 months to really notice there was a VD outside of the supermoto section :lol: It really was a busy subforum. I was Supermofo back then too, but it made more sense then as a play on words! Still think of those days when I go passed the Puckeridge junction or through it occasionally. Ironically I live round the corner now in Hertford but back then was in Wembley or St Albans.
Yea I came to VD via the Supermoto forum. The "General" lot weren't keen on us either.
Plus ca change. Plus c'est la meme chose.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Supermofo wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:19 pm I was on VD but mainly the supermoto forum. I joined......A long long time ago. I phoned Veggie Dave to order a DVD and he told me about the VD SM forum and the White Hart meet ups and I joined off the back of that.
I used to live a couple of villages along from Puckeridge and used to attend the motard meets. Who was it had the CR500?
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

I was still wheelnut on VD.

And Stig obviously.
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Gorpet13
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Taipan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:13 pm
Yea I came to VD via the Supermoto forum. The "General" lot weren't keen on us either. Remember the forum raids! :lol:
I also found VD through the Supermoto forum.