Has anyone bought braided brake lines from Wezmoto?

Tips, tricks, questions and answers to tech questions
katana

Has anyone bought braided brake lines from Wezmoto?

Post by katana »

Hello

Looking to replace a pair of bikes braided lines and these people were mentioned. Looking on the website they use stainless ends and can get coloured ends and coloured plastic covered lines.

Anyone used them for braided lines? What was the experience like?
Count Steer

Re: Has anyone bought braided brake lines from Wezmoto?

Post by Count Steer »

Nobody? Unusual!
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've only ever used Hel and Goodridge. Hel provide a good Service.

Hel didn't do a kit for my Enfield so got the Goodridge kit, it's fine, but the clear plastic sleeve is discolouring in spots. The Hel kits have always been great.
A_morti

Post by A_morti »

It's going all the way back to 2015, but yes I have used them.
I put them on a Grom which then got a Brembo big brake upgrade.
The quality was good, the fit was good, they did exactly what they were meant to.
"Wezmoto lines are made by a chap called Wez in the Hel factory using the same parts so you're getting the same quality as Hel but at a lower price"
katana

Post by katana »

Count Steer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:27 am Nobody? Unusual!
Hello, long time to hear or see.

Thought I had posted in the wrong forum due to the lack of reply. The kits come with stainless ends and you can have them in normal gold and black. The lines seem to have good feed back from the fazers owners club. So thought I would ask here, to see if anyone had used them,or had experience. The car kits seem popular on some of the panda forums.

Ordered from the website, did go for some tarty colours. Online ordering is straight forward,but payment is made via nochex or paypal so not sure on credit card protection. As the bikes are going to have renthal bars so asking for longer lines is straight forward on the ordering page.

Will see what they are like when they arrive and I fit them.
katana

Post by katana »

KungFooBob wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:03 am I've only ever used Hel and Goodridge. Hel provide a good Service.

Hel didn't do a kit for my Enfield so got the Goodridge kit, it's fine, but the clear plastic sleeve is discolouring in spots. The Hel kits have always been great.
Used to use HEL,direct then the lines became cheaper to buy via ebay than direct. Also HEL started charging extra for stainless ends. Used to get my local hydraulic line place to make replacement lines for me but there are none near me any more. Used to be easy, just drop the old lines off and few days later new lines available.

If youhad called HEL, they may have asked for the old lines to be sent in so they can have a template to make lines for other bikes and possibly freelines for you ;)

Also used to use think automotive (south west greater London) on a saturday, but that no longer happens.

As for goodridge, had a bad expeience with their build a line kits. The lines were on a bike I bought and the end fitting came out of the line. The ends were screwed in to the line so yu never knew how many times the line had be tightened and undone.
katana

Post by katana »

A_morti wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:58 am It's going all the way back to 2015, but yes I have used them.
I put them on a Grom which then got a Brembo big brake upgrade.
The quality was good, the fit was good, they did exactly what they were meant to.
"Wezmoto lines are made by a chap called Wez in the Hel factory using the same parts so you're getting the same quality as Hel but at a lower price"
Hello, long time hope you (and the fam are well)

Not heard that about Wez,but both places are in Exeter. Hel have moved on from just brake lines now, Hel have lots of goodies for cars now.
katana

Post by katana »

From internet searching there seems to be an issue, well problems with wez suppled lines, on a uk Kawasaki forum. Wezmoto seems to have replied on the thread andtried to be helpful to the guy.

So do the member want feed back on the kits?
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

katana wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:41 pm From internet searching there seems to be an issue, well problems with wez suppled lines, on a uk Kawasaki forum. Wezmoto seems to have replied on the thread andtried to be helpful to the guy.

So do the member want feed back on the kits?
I'm sure any info will be gratefully received. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Ssray

Post by Ssray »

I have, I think it was for a ntv650 , it was years ago, can't remember any issues
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Braided brake lines are, in the grand scheme of things, pretty damn low-tech. Hell, I made up my own for my 350LC back in the early 80s with only a hacksaw, pliers and spanners. I punctured my fingers numerous times on the braid and I was in a proper foul mood by the time I'd finished, but they didn't leak and worked as intended.

Which is a long way of saying that almost all problems are down to the person fitting the brake lines, not the brake lines themselves.
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
katana

Post by katana »

mangocrazy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:05 pm Braided brake lines are, in the grand scheme of things, pretty damn low-tech. Hell, I made up my own for my 350LC back in the early 80s with only a hacksaw, pliers and spanners. I punctured my fingers numerous times on the braid and I was in a proper foul mood by the time I'd finished, but they didn't leak and worked as intended.

Which is a long way of saying that almost all problems are down to the person fitting the brake lines, not the brake lines themselves.
Should have taped the braided line with masking tape to stop braid punturing your fingers. Learnt that quickly when making lines.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

katana wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:04 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:05 pm Braided brake lines are, in the grand scheme of things, pretty damn low-tech. Hell, I made up my own for my 350LC back in the early 80s with only a hacksaw, pliers and spanners. I punctured my fingers numerous times on the braid and I was in a proper foul mood by the time I'd finished, but they didn't leak and worked as intended.

Should have taped the braided line with masking tape to stop braid punturing your fingers. Learnt that quickly when making lines.
I did that and still got puncture wounds. But I've tried again much more recently with much more success and no loss of blood... :D
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
katana

Post by katana »

So far the lines have arrived, not been fitted eyt. The lines came in plain plastic packing. Unlike HEL that come in formed plastic containers with a card insert. My one comment so far is that the pressed joints at the ends are covered in black shrink wrap covering.

Will photograph all the bits once I get started.
katana

Post by katana »

Mounted the front pair of brake lines and noted that the lines rubber clip mounts are HELmarked so A_Morti was right.