Valencia MotoGP 1

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
Yorick

Valencia MotoGP 1

Post by Yorick »

Well, I can't ever remember a season so close and really excited at 3 rounds on the bounce :)

The riders points are very close

1 Joan MirTeam Suzuki Ecstar 137
2 Fabio QuartararoPetronas Yamaha SRT 123
3 Maverick VinalesMonster Energy Yamaha MotoGP 118
4 Franco MorbidelliPetronas Yamaha SRT 112
5 Andrea DoviziosoMission Winnow Ducati Team 109
6 Alex RinsTeam Suzuki Ecstar 105
7 Takaaki Nakagami LCR Honda IDEMITSU 92
8 Pol EspargaroRed Bull KTM Factory Racing 90
9 Jack MillerPramac Racing 82
10 Miguel OliveiraRed Bull KTM Tech3 79

But also the team prize is still up for grabs with Suzuki in prime position. Nobody would have thought that at start of the season :) And who'd have put the mighty Repsol Honda behind Tech3 ? :mrgreen:

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/stand ... eam&class=

My money is on Mir to win the championship and think he'll get that elusive win :)
lostboy

Re: Valencia MotoGP 1

Post by lostboy »

Been an interesting week with Yamaha parting company with Lorenzo as a test rider and him trashing Dovi (and others) in an interview - shortly before Yamaha admitted talking to Dovi about the test rider role!

I still think that Mir can do it. So consistent, as is the Suzuki. I'd also have a sneaky side bet on Frankie ending up best of the Yamahas.
formula400

Post by formula400 »

well it looks like its Mirs to lose, but that's not stopped any of them so far :mrgreen:

id like Fabio to get back into the groove and see him get there, or failing that Mir win win the next 3 races, what a way to become world champ.
CBR650r :mrgreen:
Skub

Post by Skub »

None of them appear to want the championship where everyone says,"that's the season Marc didn't race much,wasn't it"?

Anything can happen. It's been an interesting year despite the clusterfuck of Covid...or maybe because of it!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Aleix Espargaro is a bit up himself :mrgreen:

He's NEVER won a race in any of the MotoGP classes, but suddenly decides that Jorge is now shit. And Bradders is even worse. Now IIRC, young Bradders beat him a few times in qualifying and in a few races.

Maybe he should have a reality check :mrgreen:

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/94767 ... not-enough
Skub

Post by Skub »

"With Lorenzo, the level is beyond doubt. One of the best riders of the last 20 years. Very, very fast rider. But I don't know if his commitment, if his desire, if he's physically ready. I'm not really sure. He's the only one that knows that.

Pretty accurate remarks. I didn't read it as badmouthing Lorenzo,just saying his heart may not be in it,but his talent is beyond question.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:19 pm Aleix Espargaro is a bit up himself :mrgreen:

He's NEVER won a race in any of the MotoGP classes, but suddenly decides that Jorge is now shit. And Bradders is even worse. Now IIRC, young Bradders beat him a few times in qualifying and in a few races.

Maybe when Smith was on a Yamaha but never when they were on the same Aprilia machinery
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

I'm hoping Mir, because he actually really really seems to want it.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:21 pm
Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:19 pm Aleix Espargaro is a bit up himself :mrgreen:

Maybe when Smith was on a Yamaha but never when they were on the same Aprilia machinery
Smith beat him this year at both Jerez races, Misano and Aragon 2. CBA checking Qually.
G.P

Post by G.P »

I reckon there's another twist to come. Given how crazy the season has been so far, I wouldn't be surprised if the three font front runners have a turn one incident in both Valencia races and someone scores 25 points and leap-frogs them in the standings! :D
G.P

Post by G.P »

I'm going to be watching every session of every class across the weekend though :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:07 pm
But also the team prize is still up for grabs with Suzuki in prime position. Nobody would have thought that at start of the season :) And who'd have put the mighty Repsol Honda behind Tech3 ? :mrgreen:

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/stand ... eam&class=

Suzuki are gonna walk it now :)

The penalties ...........while Petronas Yamaha drops from 7 points behind Suzuki Ecstar to 44 points in the Teams' standings.
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Yorick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:01 pm
Bigyin wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:21 pm
Smith beat him this year at both Jerez races, Misano and Aragon 2. CBA checking Qually.
Every race they both actually finished Aleix finished first .....the ones you said Bradders "won" Aleix either retired from the race or crashed while ahead of Bradders. Hardly representative of a better performance if your opponent doesnt finish
G.P

Post by G.P »

FP2 has 15mins to go. switch it on if you get the chance :thumbup: :thumbup:
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Mav to start from pit lane due to using a 6th engine. Things going from bad to worse for Yamaha. M. Oxley was saying Fab has 1 engine on 1500 miles and 1 on 500 miles. Morbidelli has 1 on 1700 miles, 1 on 1300 miles. Service life typically is 950 miles.

Bet there's some stern conversations happening at Yamaha
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

Rossi now listed to race and back in for practise and qualifying tomorrow ...... Gerloff thanked by Yamaha and will have done his credibility in the paddock a healthy boost for anyone looking for an American rider. Bet Joe Roberts is fucked off :thumbup:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Bigyin wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:31 pm Rossi now listed to race and back in for practise and qualifying tomorrow ...... Gerloff thanked by Yamaha and will have done his credibility in the paddock a healthy boost for anyone looking for an American rider. Bet Joe Roberts is fucked off :thumbup:
He was awestruck over Rossi :mrgreen:
“All in all, it was just an amazing experience. It was unreal coming back after the second session and seeing Valentino right there and saying ‘Hey, awesome job, man!’ I mean, that is something that dreams are made of, you know?

“So, I’m super happy to have been able to do it and just a big thanks to Yamaha for giving me the opportunity.”
G.P

Post by G.P »

Yorick wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:44 pm
Bigyin wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:31 pm Rossi now listed to race and back in for practise and qualifying tomorrow ...... Gerloff thanked by Yamaha and will have done his credibility in the paddock a healthy boost for anyone looking for an American rider. Bet Joe Roberts is fucked off :thumbup:
He was awestruck over Rossi :mrgreen:
“All in all, it was just an amazing experience. It was unreal coming back after the second session and seeing Valentino right there and saying ‘Hey, awesome job, man!’ I mean, that is something that dreams are made of, you know?

“So, I’m super happy to have been able to do it and just a big thanks to Yamaha for giving me the opportunity.”
He was brilliant I reckon

Never ridden a MotoGP bike, never ridden on those tyres, never ridden with carbon brakes, never been to Valencia before, it was a damp track...
At one point he was 5th fastest in FP2. end up 0.7 secs slower than Vinales. Impressive
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Moto3. What a surprise. Not :(
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yorick wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 am Moto3. What a surprise. Not :(
"Well of course it's mcphee" I said when they were discussing who it was.

On another note, has Suzi had recent work? She looks bizarre today