What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
gremlin

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by gremlin »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:53 pm
gremlin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:34 pm
Count Steer wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:27 pm

Did they say 'Happy Christmas!' Instead of 'Happy Holidays!'?
Actually, my bad. It was an inappropriate act at the 'End of Year Party'. I apologise.
Let me guess....it isn't a woman that committed the 'inappropriate act'? I'd also guess much alcohol was involved. Next thing you know the firm will be getting a counter-suit for putting the culprit in a situation whereby his judgement was compromised. :D
In summary:

One of my team is a gay man. In front of several people, another male, gay employee, started unbuttoning his shirt and then reached in and grabbed his chest. He was told to stop and my team member did his buttons back up. 2 mins later, sex pest is back and shoves his hand down his shirt again. Told in no uncertain terms to feck off.

Later in the evening he was propositioned again by this guy.

Worse thing: the accused works in HR. He's been suspended. My colleague feels bad as he didn't want to get anybody in trouble. The issue being, it was witnessed by other HR bods who felt (rightly) compelled to act.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

gremlin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:03 pm

Actually, my bad. It was an inappropriate act at the 'End of Year Party'. I apologise.
Let me guess....it isn't a woman that committed the 'inappropriate act'? I'd also guess much alcohol was involved. Next thing you know the firm will be getting a counter-suit for putting the culprit in a situation whereby his judgement was compromised. :D
In summary:

One of my team is a gay man. In front of several people, another male, gay employee, started unbuttoning his shirt and then reached in and grabbed his chest. He was told to stop and my team member did his buttons back up. 2 mins later, sex pest is back and shoves his hand down his shirt again. Told in no uncertain terms to feck off.

Worse thing: the accused works in HR. He's been suspended. My colleague feels bad as he didn't want to get anybody in trouble. The issue being, it was witnessed by other HR bods who felt (rightly) compelled to act.
I was going to suggest Pinter's The Night Out, but it seems like someone has been hoisted by his own petard!
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

gremlin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:03 pm

In summary:

How bizarre! What on earth did the HR man expect to find down another man's shirt? It's going to be interesting though if the other blokes were stuffing their paws down the blouses of the women and propositioning them....but office parties are probably a bit less 60s than they were. Seriously though, fancy mixing HR and alcohol. Who knows what demons you might unleash. :shock:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

I've had a dodgy haystack for a number of years, having herniated a disc. Plays up sometimes, this week in particular it's been bad. Hence I've been giving the gym a swerve, stretching out when I can and doing the hot and cold treatment.
To this end I have a bag filled with tiny balls that I microwave and it stays warm for a good half hour. Shove it down the back of my pants and work standing up. Did this this morning.

I'm stood here a few minutes ago and I hear something drop to the floor. Look around, can't see anything. Then a here a few things dop on the floor. I pull the bag out of my pants and bugger me, there's a hole in it. :roll:

Cue me picking up these tiny balls of whatever they are off the floor, then, to my horror I feel foreign objects down my arse crack. Yes, a fair few of these little ball things were residing in my now pleasantly warm natal cleft, requiring some careful extraction. Nice. :o
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Horse

Post by Horse »

An actual LOL!
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

One shouldn't laugh at the afflicted. But I did! :)
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went for a very short ski in fog - worse than biking or driving in it!!! Then came back to a giggle from Gremlin :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Arseballs!
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Roomie left at 5.30am, off to Tucson for chrimble with her daughter & family.

Daughter currently has covid, none of the family has had any booster shots. Third time they've had it this year. Sick as a dog each time. Seem surprised they keep getting it.

I'm now home alone & unsupervised for a week :)
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Worked my last Day
Tomorrow I shall get up early just t see if I'm tired.
I have to suffer the works Christmas/my Leaving drinks tomorrow. I get the feeling that I'll be walking home in my pants.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

If you don't like stickers you're a miserable old bastard :obscene-birdiedoublered:

Squeezed in 5 donations this year, just cause of the way the dates fell (men can go every 12 weeks instead of every 16 now too). I won't be able to do a 5 bleed year again for a while.
20231221_192642.jpg
20231221_192642.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 476 times
David

Post by David »

They could have mine, but only take little bits now and again. I could spare an armful.....
derek badger

Post by derek badger »

Cooked keema peas...with the obligatory bolied egg. Recipe from Go_slow many years back. The duvet will be flapping and the windows will be rattling tonight.

weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

3 pints. I then bought 12 bottles, but I'm done for the evening
Skub

Post by Skub »

Eldest son coming home tomorrow for Xmas,so cleared his room and hung several pictures around the house at the request of the artistic director. Jobs I've been deliberately ignoring for ages in the hope they might go away.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

I've been sent to the pub by the wife! :D I dont go to any Xmas drinks these days and all my work mates have now left, so Xmas is a pretty quiet time for me. I waas telling that to the wife last night and she said go today, take Luke (my son) with you. I asked him and he said it was a great idea. So I asked my Father-in-Law, step Father-in-Law and step Dad if they wanted to come too and they did. So a 3 generation piss up is happening later today!
:obscene-drinkingcheers:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

4am start today, train station, back to resort, GVA, back to resort, train station, clean van and refuel van, head back to resort to arrive around 16.45 - only to get a message asking if I can do an 18.30 station transfer. On the basis that I'm starting at 5am tomorrow I politely declined!

It's also my nephew and his girlfriends last night here (they are part of the 5am transfer!!) so we went out for a quie lemonade to celebrate the fact that she's learned to ski in a week, they've both done a fairly decent black run today and he can now ski switch!!! I'm gonna have to up my game for next year!!! I can ski the black, but he's heading to do off piste and stuff - I'm going to have to learn more for sure!! :lol:

Anyway - early night, hope to actually sleep early for tomorrow.

With luck I'll be home mid afternoon tomorrow to have a quiet Christmas eve drink! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Finally got round to taking the summer cover off the pool and fitting the winter cover, some drama though as I managed to push the summer cover roller in to the pool!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Cleaned off the squirrel's picnic table, washed the food & water bowls, refilled the bowls.

Apparently I have picky squirrels. Bought a bag of what was advertised as "squirrel food". They eat the corn & sunflower seeds, but ignore the other seeds (altho I have seen birds at the bowl). Will be going back to peanuts again.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Swapped the front & rear left side tires on the SBH owing to a cut front.

Had the garage door open for more light. Neighbor across the road thought it a good idea to call the dog. FFS. Got him stopped about two steps off the pavement. *Requested* that she not call dogs from across the road...