New bike time

Discussions and updates on your new bike, your new build, your wishes, wants and desires
Dodgy69

Re: New bike time

Post by Dodgy69 »

I didn't catch it in the vid, but do those aero things move on their own or on a button. ?

Just caught up...mentioned earlier. 😊
Yamaha rocket 3
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Gold casings are catching on, might chuck a can of gold at the GS heads. 🤔
Yamaha rocket 3
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Dodgy69 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:54 pm Gold casings are catching on, might chuck a can of gold at the GS heads. 🤔
My daughter had gold on her r9t. Looked very good. Even had gold head protectors. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
mboy

Post by mboy »

Stunning bike.

I looked at these when they came out, nothing else released in years looks as good. They sound great too. And the S version with the semi-active Ohlins has some serious suspension hard and software too...

But... And it's a big BUT... Anyone and everyone I've known with a Guzzi has had unliveable problems. A friend has a V7 850 that has a contnual whine akin to a massive roots blower on a big block drag engine. It's the final drive shaft! He's complained several times to the dealership... He was half expecting a "they all do that sir, sorry", but what he received was a "some of them do that sir, some of them don't, it's a lottery but not covered under warranty at all sir, sorry"...

Also... The riding position is so Italian it's ludicrous... You sit over the rear wheel. The seat isn't especially tall, so most people can flat foot it, but you need arms 50% longer than your legs to hold on to the bars without a big lean forwards! Having spent many years in the cycling industry and trying to understand Italian ergonomics, simply put, all Italian men must be (or Italian ergonomics experts believe they all are) directly descendent of Orang-utans... I was gutted to sit on it when I finally saw one in the flesh! It absolutely ruined my illusion of the bike sadly as I have quite a long leg and relatively short body, so the absolute opposite of what Guzzi have designed this bike for...

I hope you paid a good price for it... They've taken a HUGE hit financially too recently! I've seen ex-demo's for £10k now, which must hurt for anyone who paid £13.5k rrp for one!
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

mboy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:38 pm Stunning bike.

I looked at these when they came out, nothing else released in years looks as good. They sound great too. And the S version with the semi-active Ohlins has some serious suspension hard and software too...

But... And it's a big BUT... Anyone and everyone I've known with a Guzzi has had unliveable problems. A friend has a V7 850 that has a contnual whine akin to a massive roots blower on a big block drag engine. It's the final drive shaft! He's complained several times to the dealership... He was half expecting a "they all do that sir, sorry", but what he received was a "some of them do that sir, some of them don't, it's a lottery but not covered under warranty at all sir, sorry"...

Also... The riding position is so Italian it's ludicrous... You sit over the rear wheel. The seat isn't especially tall, so most people can flat foot it, but you need arms 50% longer than your legs to hold on to the bars without a big lean forwards! Having spent many years in the cycling industry and trying to understand Italian ergonomics, simply put, all Italian men must be (or Italian ergonomics experts believe they all are) directly descendent of Orang-utans... I was gutted to sit on it when I finally saw one in the flesh! It absolutely ruined my illusion of the bike sadly as I have quite a long leg and relatively short body, so the absolute opposite of what Guzzi have designed this bike for...

I hope you paid a good price for it... They've taken a HUGE hit financially too recently! I've seen ex-demo's for £10k now, which must hurt for anyone who paid £13.5k rrp for one!
I must have long arms! Orangutan genes? My v7 had a low level whine on deceleration, but a change of oil made it quieter. Yes, I saved a stack of cash.
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Nice bike. No objective idea why but I really like something about Guzzi's esp V7 and V85 TT. Enjoy :thumbup:
G.P

Post by G.P »

Congrats @Buckaroo , good work!
Really like the look of these and they're getting good reviews.
Looking forward to your reports on it. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

G.P wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:39 pm Congrats @Buckaroo , good work!
Really like the look of these and they're getting good reviews.
Looking forward to your reports on it. :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'll give it a review once I've done a few miles :obscene-drinkingcheers:
tricol

Post by tricol »

I love these, health to enjoy! I saw a few over the summer and they're very nice in the flesh. The engine looks fantastic, it's the centre piece of the bike.
Yamaha MT09 SP
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Moving aerodynamic parts?

'Tis witchcraft and devilry of the highest order.

Enjoy.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Took the v100 out for a spin today. Around fifty or so miles.

As expected, first gear goes clunk, but after that, no problem with the gearbox or finding neutral.

Engine is surprisingly smooth for a big v twin. Spools up very quickly and pulls like a train.

The aerodynamic wings and screen are very effective and at 70 plus mph make for a comfortable ride.

Brembo all round, including the clutch, work as you would expect.

Ergonomics: very much upright, with not too much of a stretch, as was suggested. Certainly easier than the cbr650r, or other bikes like the vfr.

Build quality is top notch, but at £13500, it ought to be. (I paid significantly less by the way)

All in all, I'm well pleased.

Downside, she's a bit of a lump to move around in the garage, but I'll get used to it. Paddling it out of the garage gave my calves a work out?

Looking forward to another ride soon. :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

A quick update: so the V100 has been great but my garage stank of petrol. I mean really stank. So I called the dealer and without any issue, they said to call Piaggio Assist and get it back to them for a thorough check. They think they know what the problem is and it's a quick fix, albeit hard to get to. Anyways, I can't fault them for their service. So easy to deal with.

To make an otherwise boring story of some interest, you might recall a previous post where I had sold a bike and the guy who collected it promptly dropped it in the road before loading it in the van.

This morning a nice and friendly guy arrives to take my bike and just as he's about to roll it off my drive into the road, I said please be careful, a previous guy dropped my bike etc.

He had no problems at all, run the bike up the ramp into the van, which promptly rolls down the road.

I run for the passenger door whilst he's shouting 'pull the handbrake '

Due to my quick reactions and athleticism, the van was stopped!

Showing my wife the cctv recording after he'd gone was funny to watch. How exciting 👍
Horse

Post by Horse »

Buckaroo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:01 pm Downside, she's a bit of a lump to move around in the garage, but I'll get used to it. Paddling it out of the garage gave my calves a work out?
Can you wheel it in backwards, then ride out?

If on a slope, as a general rule, ride forwards, sit on to wheel back.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

Horse wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:29 pm
Buckaroo wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:01 pm Downside, she's a bit of a lump to move around in the garage, but I'll get used to it. Paddling it out of the garage gave my calves a work out?
Can you wheel it in backwards, then ride out?

If on a slope, as a general rule, ride forwards, sit on to wheel back.
I have considered doing this, the only issue is our car, when on the drive, doesn't leave a lot of space to manoeuvre. Going backwards down from the garage and driving into it works ok. That said, I'll give it a go.

The other issue is our drive is sloping down to a slope: compound angle and all that. The road is 5 to 6% gradient. So, I'll see......
Skub

Post by Skub »

Buckaroo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:24 pm A quick update: so the V100 has been great but my garage stank of petrol. I mean really stank. So I called the dealer and without any issue, they said to call Piaggio Assist and get it back to them for a thorough check. They think they know what the problem is and it's a quick fix, albeit hard to get to. Anyways, I can't fault them for their service. So easy to deal with.

To make an otherwise boring story of some interest, you might recall a previous post where I had sold a bike and the guy who collected it promptly dropped it in the road before loading it in the van.

This morning a nice and friendly guy arrives to take my bike and just as he's about to roll it off my drive into the road, I said please be careful, a previous guy dropped my bike etc.

He had no problems at all, run the bike up the ramp into the van, which promptly rolls down the road.

Showing my wife the cctv recording after he'd gone was funny to watch. How exciting 👍
I don't know why folk don't leave the car in gear as a back up for the handbrake. It's an automatic thing for me.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
mboy

Post by mboy »

Buckaroo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:24 pm A quick update: so the V100 has been great but my garage stank of petrol. I mean really stank. So I called the dealer and without any issue, they said to call Piaggio Assist and get it back to them for a thorough check. They think they know what the problem is and it's a quick fix, albeit hard to get to. Anyways, I can't fault them for their service. So easy to deal with.

Thank god you had quick reactions!

Glad the ergos are working out for you on the bike. Like I say, it ticked all the boxes for me except for the ergos which is a shame. Arguably the best looking new bike to have been launched in the last few years, and they sound great too!
Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo »

mboy wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:39 am

Thank god you had quick reactions!

Glad the ergos are working out for you on the bike. Like I say, it ticked all the boxes for me except for the ergos which is a shame. Arguably the best looking new bike to have been launched in the last few years, and they sound great too!
There's life in the old dog yet!!

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Skub wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:44 pm I don't know why folk don't leave the car in gear as a back up for the handbrake. It's an automatic thing for me.
I grew up on a road called 'Hillside' and it was fairly steep so from the first time I drove my Dad always made sure I put it in gear when parked and it stuck with me so much I do it all the time now even on the flat.
Horse

Post by Horse »

And turning the wheels towards the kerb so it won't roll straight.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Skub wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:44 pm

I don't know why folk don't leave the car in gear as a back up for the handbrake. It's an automatic thing for me.
I was taught this when learning. Bradford is very hilly.