How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Craigyboy9

Re: How's the lockdown going for everyone ?

Post by Craigyboy9 »

erizo wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:05 am
Craigyboy9 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:42 pm
I need to sell my van and buy a car, which is also driving me mad as I can’t make my mind up what to buy. E-class Merc/BMW 5 series/ Audi A6/ Skoda Superb??? So many pros and cons for them all and the fact it’s going to be older I’m just going round in circles reading horror stories about stretched cam chains, knackered injectors, dodgy air suspension etc etc etc...
personally, if i was looking for that sort of car, i´d grab a kia stinger.

the spec for the price is excellent, build quality is good, and 7 year guarantee.

their days of churning out cheap utilitarian transport has changed somewhat.
I need the load space for my part time job and for trackdays when I’ll need to sleep in the back 🤣
erizo

Post by erizo »

i had a look round one last year.

fair bit of room in the back as it´s a full size saloon car
kia-stinger-side-view.png
kia-stinger-side-view.png (63.41 KiB) Viewed 2705 times
did i just type that?....aw crap!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Craigyboy9 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:42 pm I should be in Majorca on my stag do as of around 10:30 in the AM today. Instead I have, been out and bought bread, made a lasagne and watched the boy all day whist his mum organised his room. Rock & Roll! I’m on leave from work and not due back until a week on Monday. I’m pretty sure I’m going a little mad as every day passes.
I need to sell my van and buy a car, which is also driving me mad as I can’t make my mind up what to buy. E-class Merc/BMW 5 series/ Audi A6/ Skoda Superb??? So many pros and cons for them all and the fact it’s going to be older I’m just going round in circles reading horror stories about stretched cam chains, knackered injectors, dodgy air suspension etc etc etc...
My best mate has had a couple of Superbs. She bloody loves them. Only sold the first one as she got a company car, as soon as she changed jobs and could choose, she went back to having a Superb!*

Soooo comfortable and HUGE for putting stuff in for the tip or whatever. No idea about if you could sleep in the back but guessing you could!

If you lean towards the A6, get the Superb - it's the same but cheaper!!

*that's wrong, she got a Mazda something from her parents (they didn't use it anymore) and hated it!! That got hit on the Motorway, so the replacement was another Superb - she's a very happy chick now she's back with her favourite car!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Craigyboy9

Post by Craigyboy9 »

Noggin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:27 am
Craigyboy9 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:42 pm I should be in Majorca on my stag do as of around 10:30 in the AM today. Instead I have, been out and bought bread, made a lasagne and watched the boy all day whist his mum organised his room. Rock & Roll! I’m on leave from work and not due back until a week on Monday. I’m pretty sure I’m going a little mad as every day passes.
My best mate has had a couple of Superbs. She bloody loves them. Only sold the first one as she got a company car, as soon as she changed jobs and could choose, she went back to having a Superb!*

Soooo comfortable and HUGE for putting stuff in for the tip or whatever. No idea about if you could sleep in the back but guessing you could!

*that's wrong, she got a Mazda something from her parents (they didn't use it anymore) and hated it!! That got hit on the Motorway, so the replacement was another Superb - she's a very happy chick now she's back with her favourite car!! LOL
🤣 I forgot to mention it’s an estate I’m after and the Superb is massive with the back seats down, two people could sleep in it!
cheb

Post by cheb »

What's the van you are selling?
Craigyboy9

Post by Craigyboy9 »

cheb wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:48 am What's the van you are selling?
09 Caddy Maxi 1.9tdi
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Craigyboy9 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:41 am
Noggin wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:27 amion etc etc etc...

🤣 I forgot to mention it’s an estate I’m after and the Superb is massive with the back seats down, two people could sleep in it!
[/quote]

LOL Yup - she has the estate. I've just never actually seen it with the seats down, so didn't want to comment!! LOL

I have been considering one for a car for transfers here (when I'm sure the business can cope with a second vehicle!) cos of the comfort and space. :D
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
cheb

Post by cheb »

Craigyboy9 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:54 am
cheb wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:48 am What's the van you are selling?
09 Caddy Maxi 1.9tdi
Thanks, it's a bit old otherwise I ask more questions. I'm replacing an '08 Transit
chillitt

Post by chillitt »

Hmm. Self employed, loads of work, all for pubs cafes and restaurants, so all on hold. Chest clagging up again so back on immuno-suppressants, thats not really ideal but its quite a small dose at the moment. Strangely that, and the auto immune system going a bit Bok doesnt get me on the vulnerable list, but apparently thats getting looked at next week, from the knees down my legs are a bit fucked. Doctors seem pretty clueless as to why and me and them arent exactly falling over ourselves to meet up for more prodding.
Apart from that I'm lucky Im in a nice spot and have plenty of half finished jobs and projects to get on with assuming they dont need money spending on them, and the sun is shining more than can generally be expected. It's all a bit surreal really.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

For anyone with Amazon Prime then a film currently on limited time worth a watch is Logan Lucky. Kept us entertained for a few hours. Depends on your sense of humour but we found it enjoyable! :D
Last edited by WelshDragon on Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
cheb

Post by cheb »

It's still unnervingly quiet up here. C19 is now in the island group, but the one I'm on. There's more evidence of social distancing, 2m lines, hand sanitizer and the like. But as it's rural and dominated by small scale farming there's still people out, if only on their own land.

It may be the calm before the storm, who knows.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

cheb wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:10 pm It's still unnervingly quiet up here. C19 is now in the island group, but the one I'm on. There's more evidence of social distancing, 2m lines, hand sanitizer and the like. But as it's rural and dominated by small scale farming there's still people out, if only on their own land.

It may be the calm before the storm, who knows.
Sorry I probably should have picked up on this but where are you based? ;)
cheb

Post by cheb »

The Western Isles, AKA The Outer Hebrides. Really, I'm not making it up.
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

cheb wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:31 pm The Western Isles, AKA The Outer Hebrides. Really, I'm not making it up.
Never been but based on some other trips I’ve had the pleasure of in Scotland, beautiful when the weather is behaving.

Does it feel safer up there or is there more concern because the necessary facilities if one becomes very poorly are further away?
cheb

Post by cheb »

That would depend on you own POV. Me? I'm a touch blasé about these things, others may be less so. There's air ambulances, Coastguard helicopters in place, both now and in normal times. Before there lockdown there was a bit of backwarding and forwarding, some heading back for sanctuary, some heading to the mainland for the medical facilities. The population is skewed towards the old as the youth leave, They sometimes come back a bit later, frequently when the have or want a family.

And we now have http://www.hebrides-news.com/isolation- ... -1420.html. I think they are designed to used in aircraft, rather than chucked in the sea like a message in a bottle.

It's a great place if you like it, grim if you don't. I moved here 30 years ago and still like it.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Never leaved the garden boundary all day today. Proper cleaned 2 cars, bit of gardening and cut my own hair. Tomorrow, out on the pusher. 🚴‍♂️👍
Yamaha rocket 3
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

cheb wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:00 pm That would depend on you own POV. Me? I'm a touch blasé about these things, others may be less so. There's air ambulances, Coastguard helicopters in place, both now and in normal times. Before there lockdown there was a bit of backwarding and forwarding, some heading back for sanctuary, some heading to the mainland for the medical facilities. The population is skewed towards the old as the youth leave, They sometimes come back a bit later, frequently when the have or want a family.

And we now have http://www.hebrides-news.com/isolation- ... -1420.html. I think they are designed to used in aircraft, rather than chucked in the sea like a message in a bottle.

It's a great place if you like it, grim if you don't. I moved here 30 years ago and still like it.
Sounds great and you’ve had plenty of time to get used to the place. Must be bliss not having hordes of people around. ;)
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

Under 20s not allowed outside now and talk of over 60s being restricted too. That'll not be good as most of the ex-pat carers are over 60 but under the current over 65 lockdown rule. None of this is a problem for me though except my carer, Maureen doesn't understand that I never buy small anything when it comes to food. :lol:

I'm getting on with boat refurbs and making two RC sailing boats. Basically I'm converting lots of decent wood and plywood into dust. This afternoon, when I've finished my late lunch I'll be knocking up a small amount of epoxy glue and sticking stuff together. In my living room. Why not.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

2 hour garage cycle this morning, bit of spanner time too and sitting in conservatory watching the wife and boy digging the garden.

I'm not struggling as much as some that's for sure.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Just announced another 2 weeks for us :(