Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
McNab

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by McNab »

I'm not sure if this should be here or in the stupid work sayings thread.

I was having software problems today so had to get on to IT.
I was told there was a global outage but when I said "Oh, so other people are having problems?" I got the reply "No, just you."

So, a global outage only affecting me :wtf:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

McNab wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:22 pm I'm not sure if this should be here or in the stupid work sayings thread.

I was told there was a global outage but when I said "Oh, so other people are having problems?" I got the reply "No, just you."

It'd affect you wherever you are in the world. :thumbup:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

McNab wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:22 pm I'm not sure if this should be here or in the stupid work sayings thread.

Now you know what the IT department think of you. 🤣
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I work in IT. I've made up so much shite just to get people off the phone so I can get back to posting shit on motorcycle forums, you wouldn't believe.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Pirahna wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:54 pm

At least he never had to write down the id-10-t code.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:59 pm I work in IT.
90% of the people on here work in IT.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Pirahna wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:55 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:59 pm I work in IT.
90% of the people on here work in IT.
We're all work shy losers, who seek validation on the internets that we can't achieve in real life, or something.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Felix wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:59 pm

Or PEBCAK.

(Prolem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard).
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Count Steer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:40 am
Felix wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:59 pm

Or PEBCAK.

(Prolem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard).
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer. :thumbup:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Our Council has changed our recycling scheme. We now have a black bin for general waste which has moved to fortnightly collection. We've had some self-assembly furniture delivered and the i bagged up the unrecyclable polystyrene in 3 bags and put it next to the already full black bin. The bin men left it, but not before putting this sticker on it, which incidentally, the bin men threw the sticker backing on my lawn. So we are capped at oen bin full. Fuck knows what the streets will look like after Xmas! :roll:

v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Taipan wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:10 am Our Council has changed our recycling scheme. We now have a black bin for general waste which has moved to fortnightly collection. We've had some self-assembly furniture delivered and the i bagged up the unrecyclable polystyrene in 3 bags and put it next to the already full black bin. The bin men left it, but not before putting this sticker on it, which incidentally, the bin men threw the sticker backing on my lawn. So we are capped at oen bin full. Fuck knows what the streets will look like after Xmas! :roll:

Bins and recycling BMP too.

We are allowed 4 black bags every 2 week's for general rubbish, a glass bin and tins bin every 2 week's and 4 smallish garden waste bags every 2 weeks - no thought to how big house and garden is, number of occupants etc. Anything over your allowance, they just leave and they come this time of year they wonder why they don't get a Christmas drink? Nobs....

Garden waste just moving over to wheelie bins so I've subscribed to 2 of the biggest bins they do, so will load them to the top with as much garden waste as I can - I'll get my money out of them!
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:19 am they just leave and they come this time of year they wonder why they don't get a Christmas drink? Nobs....
Yeah the blokes who are walking the streets in the rain are deffo the ones making decision high above about what can or can't be collected.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

And have you all seen the state of most council's finances?

I always expect that if I have "alot" of rubbish I have to take it to the tip. I suspect it's mostly because "bin limits" have always been a thing in the time i've been a grown up with my own house etc.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

weeksy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:32 am
v8-powered wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:19 am they just leave and they come this time of year they wonder why they don't get a Christmas drink? Nobs....
Yeah the blokes who are walking the streets in the rain are deffo the ones making decision high above about what can or can't be collected.
Yeah I get that but who's to know if they throw 4 or 5 black bags in the truck or empty an additional garden waste bag full of grass clippings? Just being dicks about it and promoting fly tipping.
Old lady next door puts next to nothing out so it's not like the truck is full with her stuff....
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:35 am
weeksy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:32 am
Yeah I get that but who's to know if they throw 4 or 5 black bags in the truck or empty an additional garden waste bag full of grass clippings? Just being dicks about it and promoting fly tipping.
Old lady next door puts next to nothing out so it's not like the truck is full with her stuff....
Thing is, if they do it for one person, they then have to do it for all...and everyone takes the piss. Give people an inch and all that. I wouldn't arse myself with "making exceptions" were I in their place.

BTW: MK council have actually been a bit sensible for Christmas! They've said they won't collect garden bins at XMAS 9who's doing gardening after all?) and instead will collect the recycling more until Jan.
Last edited by Mr. Dazzle on Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:34 am I always expect that if I have "alot" of rubbish I have to take it to the recycling centre.
ftfy

And that's the answer.

Our local one accepts all sorts of stuff.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:34 am And have you all seen the state of most council's finances?

I always expect that if I have "alot" of rubbish I have to take it to the tip. I suspect it's mostly because "bin limits" have always been a thing in the time i've been a grown up with my own house etc.
Yeah that's why now on top of our band G council tax that I now also pay extra for 2 garden waste wheelies and an additional fee to empty them.

Local council tips have now adopted the scheme where you have to pre-book a 10min slot to take your other rubbish and not surprisingly weekends are booked weeks in advance. No wonder we are seeing piles of shit dumped in farm gateways etc.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Horse wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:37 am
Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:34 am I always expect that if I have "alot" of rubbish I have to take it to the recycling centre.
ftfy
You're correct of course, but even my local council don't try and fight it :D

image_2023-12-08_114041317.png
image_2023-12-08_114041317.png (17.04 KiB) Viewed 362 times
v8-powered wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:40 am Local council tips have now adopted the scheme where you have to pre-book a 10min slot to take your other rubbish and not surprisingly weekends are booked weeks in advance. No wonder we are seeing piles of shit dumped in farm gateways etc.
I bloody love the pre-book system :D Prior to it there was always a massive queue at the tip, now I just drive straight in. It takes 30s to book online, excellent system IMO.
Last edited by Mr. Dazzle on Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:19 am
Taipan wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:10 am Our Council has changed our recycling scheme. We now have a black bin for general waste which has moved to fortnightly collection. We've had some self-assembly furniture delivered and the i bagged up the unrecyclable polystyrene in 3 bags and put it next to the already full black bin. The bin men left it, but not before putting this sticker on it, which incidentally, the bin men threw the sticker backing on my lawn. So we are capped at oen bin full. Fuck knows what the streets will look like after Xmas! :roll:

Bins and recycling BMP too.

We are allowed 4 black bags every 2 week's for general rubbish, a glass bin and tins bin every 2 week's and 4 smallish garden waste bags every 2 weeks - no thought to how big house and garden is, number of occupants etc. Anything over your allowance, they just leave and they come this time of year they wonder why they don't get a Christmas drink? Nobs....

Garden waste just moving over to wheelie bins so I've subscribed to 2 of the biggest bins they do, so will load them to the top with as much garden waste as I can - I'll get my money out of them!

We have this lot. Green garden recycling is £25 a year. Orange box is for glass and is fortnightly. Small green caddy is waste food and weekly. The new blue and white bags is for recycling, the white is for clean (you're supposed to rinse out cans etc) plastics and cans and the other blue for clean (no pizza boxes etc) paper and cardboard. Once emptied they blow away if its windy! :roll: The council have failed to deliver the new bins to all addresses but the bin men aren't allowed to take away the old ones that people are still using and the get left there. The place is a bigger tip than normal and i really dread to think what it'll look like after xmas! :x

v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:41 am I bloody love the pre-book system :D Prior to it there was always a massive queue at the tip, now I just drive straight in. It takes 30s to book online, excellent system IMO.
It's good for those who have time during the week to do a tip run but never good for those that can only go of a weekend. Colchester only has the one centre and it's a pretty big city covering a lot of people.....

I'm very pro recycling etc. but make it easier for us, not harder....