A right now thread

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
mangocrazy

Re: A right now thread

Post by mangocrazy »

Mrs Mango arrived back from seeing the rellies in Philippines yesterday, and brought with her some yummy Philippine mangoes and also some mangosteen fruit. (Is the choice of forum name making more sense now?) Mangosteen fruit is protected by an outer padded 'shell' that gets harder to open as the fruit matures. We were trying serrated knives, butchers knives and I even broke out the trusty angle grinder with slitting disc, but potential loss of digits curtailed that avenue.

In the end the trusty old Record 35P vice came up trumps... :D

There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Wasn't a cargo of fermenting/toxic/flammable/explosive (can't remember which :D ) Mangosteens one of the candidates for bringing down MH370?
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I loves a mango daiquiri.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:50 pm Wasn't a cargo of fermenting/toxic/flammable/explosive (can't remember which :D ) Mangosteens one of the candidates for bringing down MH370?
Rather than a pilot with a death-wish or a Russian missile, you mean? Never heard of that one, but rest assured I will be Googling it...

<edit>

This report debunks the theory:

https://www.businessinsider.com/mh370-r ... ?r=US&IR=T

So you've got a hold full of Li-Ion batteries, 220kgs worth in fact, and the eye of suspicion falls upon the mangosteens? If you've ever seen, handled or eaten mangosteen you wil know that the delicious fruit inside is protected by a truly industrial quallty outer shell, in fact the fruit within is the best protected of any fruit I've ever eaten short of a coconut.

I mean, 220kg of Li-Ion batteries on a long distance plane. What could possibly go wrong?

</edit>
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Nah it was deffo the mangosteens. Why do they need such a hard covering? What are you hiding, suspicious little fruit? :think:
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Just taking the xmas cake out of the oven. First one I've ever made!
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:55 pm I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I loves a mango daiquiri.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

On the new direct ferry to Gran Canaria.
The old ship was crap for this longish journey and rocked and rolled till you felt sick.
So was stopped and we had to go on ferry to Fuerteventura then drive down south to get the ferry to G.C.

This new ferry is much bigger and quite plush inside.
Hopefully less rolly rolly
20231117_101853.jpg
20231117_101853.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 633 times
IMG-20231117-WA0003.jpeg
IMG-20231117-WA0003.jpeg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 633 times
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Staying at an amazing place. Needed somewhere to accept private parking for bike on trailer.
This place only 37€ a night.

Drove past in a tiny village. Behind it opens into big car park and beautiful seating for about 30.
Like an oasis.

And most of guests are French. So I'm nattering away :D

I ate early and now they've all gone in for their tea.

Amazing meal and plonked the bottle of red for me to have what I wanted.
I asked and whole bottle is (was) 8€ :obscene-birdiedoublered:

It's like a quiet French village. Yet half mile away is the berserk, noisy, typical Gran Canaria life.

https://residencia-los-conejos-bike-mot ... lmix.es/#w
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

I'm having a beer in Frankie's, the England match is on and I'm predicting tomorrow's headlines

"England fail to score against Malta!"

I was a bit rude towards Scotland a couple of days ago but I was out of order. Sorry guys

Fuck! England have just fuckin' scored . . .
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

And again! Fuck! :sick:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Fark. It's cold here. Had to put a fleece on.
Is hard northerners don't go inside :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Buzzing like fuck about this short trip.
Mega amazing

Needed a nightcap so listening to Pink Floyd.

Setting the controls heart for the soul of the sun

You'll get it or you won't ;)
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Yorick wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:07 pm Buzzing like fuck about this short trip.
Mega amazing

Needed a nightcap so listening to Pink Floyd.

Setting the controls heart for the soul of the sun

You'll get it or you won't ;)
More relaxing than 'Careful With That Axe Eugene'. :lol:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Looking for the car V5C so I can update the address. Found the bike, did the license, but the car one is AWOL at the moment. It is somewhere safe I am sure!! With the spare keys as well, so that really does need to be found. Boxes and boxes to search through... And I've been up since 5am to sort a funeral I am taking next week.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
David

Post by David »

the_priest wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:54 am Looking for the car V5C so I can update the address. Found the bike, did the license, but the car one is AWOL at the moment. It is somewhere safe I am sure!! With the spare keys as well, so that really does need to be found. Boxes and boxes to search through... And I've been up since 5am to sort a funeral I am taking next week.
do it online.....
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

David wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:43 pm
the_priest wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:54 am Looking for the car V5C so I can update the address. Found the bike, did the license, but the car one is AWOL at the moment. It is somewhere safe I am sure!! With the spare keys as well, so that really does need to be found. Boxes and boxes to search through... And I've been up since 5am to sort a funeral I am taking next week.
do it online.....
The Funeral?

Oh, the change of address. You still need the document number off the V5 to do it online.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

KungFooBob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:45 pm
David wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:43 pm
do it online.....
The Funeral?

Oh, the change of address. You still need the document number off the V5 to do it online.
I've found the V5C! Remembered that I had packed it in my suitcase for a trip to Brugge. So that is now sorted. A funeral, for the family I did a wedding for last year. Pastoral care in different ways.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Sat in my office at the front of the house, watching the guy over the road with his leaf blower.

Every day he blows all of the leaves from his driveway and front garden out in to the road, only for the wind and traffic to whip them up and blow back in again. For the year we've lived here, he's done it continually - will he ever learn? :lol:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

v8-powered wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:22 pm Sat in my office at the front of the house, watching the guy over the road with his leaf blower.

Every day he blows all of the leaves from his driveway and front garden out in to the road, only for the wind and traffic to whip them up and blow back in again. For the year we've lived here, he's done it continually - will he ever learn? :lol:
Listening to the 'Friday Symphony' of the brrrpbrrrrpbrrrpbrrrp of the :angry-cussingblack: next door blowing leaves. Every Friday they pay this 'gardener' and all day long he blows leaves. He's currently in the woodland behind us, blowing leaves. :wtf: Where he blows them to I don't know but suspect he blows them into heaps to make sure he's got something to blow the following week.

Shortly, I'll start cooking the Friday roast chicken dinner, which is his cue to come and brrrrpbrrrrrpbrrrrp as close to the kitchen door as he can. He has a practice run when we have a bite to eat at lunch time. I would dearly love to give the medical profession a test case of how to remove a petrol powered leaf blower from a 'gardeners' anus. :thumbup:
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire