Anything you like about motorbikes
matt

New Mt07

Post by matt »

weeksy
Site Admin

Re: New Mt07

Post by weeksy »

What trinkets are they coming with ? ABS i'd assume... but what else ?
matt

Post by matt »

matt

Post by matt »

Same power as before but now euro 5
A few tweaks to the styling.
New headlight ,led indicators,lights. Reverse LCD clocks with remote,better brakes
Shame they didn't put upside down forks on it. Looks decent,bound to sell well.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

matt wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:58 pm Same power as before but now euro 5
New headlight ,led indicators,lights. Reverse LCD clocks with remote,better brakes
I'm struggling with why you'd buy one over a 790 though.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

weeksy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm I'm struggling with why you'd buy one over a 790 though.
Cos the KTM costs a grand more?

People are scared of European reliability?
matt

Post by matt »

Price and reliability I would think would be the main reasons.
Not as desirable as the KTM, but if I wanted a fun bike that I had to rely on to get me to work for 12 months of the year ( I don't) I'd pick the Yam.
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm
Because not everyone is the same as you, some people want a Yamaha.
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Julian_Boolean wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:06 pm
weeksy wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm
Because not everyone is the same as you, some people want a Yamaha.
Errrrm have you seen my bike ?
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

I like it. Haven't seen it in all it's colour options yet and that is where I sometimes struggle with Yamaha, but seems a great fun bike. Would i have a CP2 instead of a CP3, probably not.
Yamaha rocket 3
Couchy

Post by Couchy »

MT07 is a better wheelie bike than the 790, very important lol
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Love it, especially the headlight! Shame about the lack of USD forks, which does give it a bit of a budget look? I reckon they could have smashed it with USD forks. Does it have quick shifter blippy things? If not why not, it just adds to its budget bike class. I'd still buy it over a 790 though...
The Spin Doctor

Post by The Spin Doctor »

I liked the MT-07 but I simply couldn't read the clocks on it. Hopeless as I'm long-sighted... hopefully the new version will be better.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:53 pm
I liked the MT-07 but I simply couldn't read the clocks on it. Hopeless as I'm long-sighted... hopefully the new version will be better.
I can't read the dashboard on my GSXR, so bought some bifocals :)
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

So as i understand it same power as before with more Euro restriction it ends up with less power than the previous model. I know a few bikes recently have had more power in a new model but with the extra cat applied it means the newer bike punts out the same as the previous model
The Spin Doctor

Bigyin wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:51 pm
So as i understand it same power as before with more Euro restriction it ends up with less power than the previous model. I know a few bikes recently have had more power in a new model but with the extra cat applied it means the newer bike punts out the same as the previous model
As you only need 10 hp to do 60 mph, does it really matter? ;)

It's actually thrust (torque x gearing) that makes the bike accelerate, anyway :)
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer." Henry David Thoreau
www.ko-fi.com/survivalskills www.survivalskillsridertraining.co.uk www.facebook.com/survivalskills
Bigyin

Post by Bigyin »

The Spin Doctor wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:34 pm
As you only need 10 hp to do 60 mph, does it really matter? ;)

It's actually thrust (torque x gearing) that makes the bike accelerate, anyway :)
Dont give up the day job to sell bikes .... its all about BHP. power to weight etc etc to actually sell the bikes. The old WSB adage used to be "win on Sunday, sell on Monday"

My point was that many bike manufacturers now list power gains on their new models ...they quietly forget to mention that new EU regs strangle the engines more so that despite the engine power gains at the end of the day the bike puts out less at the rear wheel
The Spin Doctor

Bigyin wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:38 pm
Dont give up the day job to sell bikes .... its all about BHP. power to weight etc etc to actually sell the bikes. The old WSB adage used to be "win on Sunday, sell on Monday"

My point was that many bike manufacturers now list power gains on their new models ...they quietly forget to mention that new EU regs strangle the engines more so that despite the engine power gains at the end of the day the bike puts out less at the rear wheel
I don't follow your reasoning. The motor makes its power with all the emissions gubbins in place... or are you suggesting the quoted power figures are with an exhaust system minus the cat? I think that would be very much frowned on by the EU if they were caught at it.

But my point stands about torque and gearing. That's what you feel at the back wheel. And you can't accelerate faster than a wheelie... low gearing - that's what made 250 two strokes so much fun :)
Potter

Post by Potter »

Ridiculously annoying video, but I quite like the bike, it reminds me of my Dragster.

IRL these budget middle of the road bikes are a bit bland but as someone has said it would be a great all round bike and FWIW I think USDs look gash now, when they first came out they got everyones attention but now I think they just look rubbish and I prefer a more classic fork look.

If I was looking for a decent all rounder that was competitive on price then this would definitely be on my list, but if price was a factor then I'd be looking at previous models on the used market.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Harry wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:07 am Ridiculously annoying video, but I quite like the bike, it reminds me of my Dragster.

IRL these budget middle of the road bikes are a bit bland but as someone has said it would be a great all round bike and FWIW I think USDs look gash now, when they first came out they got everyones attention but now I think they just look rubbish and I prefer a more classic fork look.

If I was looking for a decent all rounder that was competitive on price then this would definitely be on my list, but if price was a factor then I'd be looking at previous models on the used market.
Agreed, very annoying video. I had to freeze it to get a look at the bloody bike! :roll: KTM makes those videos well and other manufacturers should leave them to it!

I've had an eye on the MT-07 for a while now and really like them, although i'm unlikely to ever buy one. For me its no Dragster though...