Are you set in your ways or do you flit about in manufacturers, styles, types ?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Failedengineer

Re: Are you set in your ways or do you flit about in manufacturers, styles, types ?

Post by Failedengineer »

I'm feeling a bit of a traitor, me, because after having seven Triumphs one after another my current bike is a BMW F800R. I love riding it, it's light, handles really well and is extremely economical, but every time I open the garage door, I look at it and think ............ it's got the wrong badge.
Skub

Re: Are you set in your ways or do you flit about in manufacturers, styles, types ?

Post by Skub »

I'm also a 49 year bike owner and at no time longer than a couple of months (skint) was I ever bikeless. I never had a car license until I was 30 years old.

I don't do anywhere close to the miles i used to,but I still prefer to own something I like to ride when the spirit moves me.

I've owned plenty of different marques and enjoyed them all,but I do have a definite fondness for Kawasaki. I think along with Fender guitars,it's the closest I come to brand loyalty.
Ya gotta go with your heart,with what sets your trousers on fire. Aside from dull commuter/utility two wheelers,I've never bought a motorcycle I didn't lust after and 'needed' to own. For me there must be a connection and I appear to find that mostly with Kawasaki bikes.
Picking a new car is on the same level as having to buy a new fridge/oven or whatever,a necessity as opposed to a pleasure. Bikes are a passion.

900 Z1

GPZ900R

ZZR1100

ZX9R

ZX10R

Although there have been lots of other brands between 1974 and 2020,these have been my most enjoyable and memorable bikes. I drool over old Kawa triples the way some oul bois wax lyrical about old Brit stuff.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Skub wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:53 pm the way some oul bois wax lyrical about old Brit stuff.
Steady on now Irish
Skub

Post by Skub »

Nidge wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:24 pm
Skub wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:53 pm the way some oul bois wax lyrical about old Brit stuff.
Steady on now Irish
That's you,that is! :mrgreen:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Nidge

Post by Nidge »

Skub wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:33 pm
Nidge wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:24 pm
Steady on now Irish
That's you,that is! :mrgreen:
Good to see you back on a forum old fella
Dutchman

Post by Dutchman »

Hmm predominantly Italian

Vespa
Kawa ZZR
Guzzi Breva
Fireblade
Aprilia Caponord
Aprilia Futura
Ducati MTS
VFR
Guzzi Cali
GSXR

All 3 bought new ones were Italian, japanese were all s/h

Next will be MT09. But I'd get a Monster if they did something in between the 821 and the 1200. Resurrect the 1100 air cooled 8-)
scottyuk

Post by scottyuk »

For a while I'd only ever ridden Honda's! My first two bikes were CBR600F and CBR1100XX. I'd have loaners like CBF1000 and VFR800 and has test ridden a VFR1200. That's now changed. The garage now has the old 'bird, a Suzuki and a KTM.

I won't get tied to a manufacturer or a country of manufacture. The styles of bike may change as I age and perhaps use them differently. Def not set in my ways ... apart from I don't change bikes very often :think:
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

I’ve had (I think) 5 GSAs now. I’ve had other bikes in between that have turned my head, but I’ve always compared them to the GSA and they’ve come up wanting. Getting back on a GSA just feels right to me so I’ve pretty much accepted my fate now.