Super bike Factory - would you buy without seeing?

Anything you like about motorbikes
Ben17484

Super bike Factory - would you buy without seeing?

Post by Ben17484 »

Hi All,

After a all year round year of use of my old CBR929RR, I’ve decided to get a more upright bike that can have a top box for better commuter use. So the FireBlade will be going and I need to get something new. I’ve settled on a Fazer 8. I had the FZ8 before and really like it, so the Fazer 8 being just the faired version with a top box will fit the bill nicely. They’re few and far between though and none are particularly close to me. Having 2 young kids and working a lot of hours, I don’t really have time to travel half way across the country to look at bikes. I know the Fazer 8 is the bike I want, so my question is: would you buy a bike from Superbike Factory without going to view it? (They can deliver). Usually this would be a big no no for most (buying without seeing), so I guess I’m asking how trustworthy Superbike Factory are.

Cheers,
Ben
weeksy
Site Admin

Re: Super bike Factory - would you buy without seeing?

Post by weeksy »

Nope. I've had mates view their bikes for me and they've been hit and miss, but I am quite fussy.
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Ben17484 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:50 am would you buy a bike from Superbike Factory without going to view it?
Nope, I'd not spend penny one without seeing it first, that applies to everyone not just SBF
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

I wouldn't buy any vehicle without looking at it first, no matter where it's from
What's your budget and where are you, maybe we can find something local to you?
Honda Owner
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

As above I'd defo want to see it.

Plus, whilst others here have had good bikes from them, when I went to Superbike Factory MK I reckon I'd have potentially been happy with maybe 10-15% of their bikes based on condition. I'm not Weeksy, but I'd want a good clean bike and the fast majority of their stock was unloved.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

I have once bought unseen on the word of a large London dealer on condition of a full service and shims checked, after I got it I found the chain was badly worn and most of the fairing fasteners were seized so the dealer sold me a pack of lies.
I've found the big car warehouse were no better, they wouldn't tell me what was in their much lauded 50 point check and couldn't explain obvious faults I spotted immediately.
dern

Post by dern »

No. Not just from sbf but from anywhere.
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

No,not without checking the bike over first, just check their feedback.
Dodgy69

Post by Dodgy69 »

Depends....sbf no, but a smaller dealer with good reviews, yes. You can speak to them, ask as many questions as you want. Ask for a walkaround vid with start up.

If it's being delivered then they have to be honest or you'll reject it. I bought a lovely bike recently, low miles and delivered 140 miles. Superb, got some pic's somewhere. 🙂👍
Yamaha rocket 3
v8-powered

Post by v8-powered »

Dodgy69 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:49 pm Depends....sbf no, but a smaller dealer with good reviews, yes. You can speak to them, ask as many questions as you want. Ask for a walkaround vid with start up.

If it's being delivered then they have to be honest or you'll reject it. I bought a lovely bike recently, low miles and delivered 140 miles. Superb, got some pic's somewhere. 🙂👍
I did the same with the R1100S I've recently purchased. Smaller dealer with good feedback, detailed video and all questions answered honestly knowing I'd reject if I wasn't happy.
To be fair to them too, I noticed a small weep on a fork seal after about 100 miles and despite fork seals being fair wear and tear they have paid a local indy to replace them for me.
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Yes and have done so 3 times, but then as a former motor trader i've bought a lot of vehicles "blind". With SBF, view the digital pack as the video will show you any marks. They nearly always list part service history even if the bike has full service history. I think this is because they might have the stamped up service book but not always the corresponding receipts, so they cover themselves this way. They are busy and it normally is a painfully slow procedure that you can't speed up. So expect a 2-4 week delay before your bike get delivered. When it does arrive it will have been cleaned but a long way off of being detailed. IIRC correctly you can send it back within so many days?
mboy

Post by mboy »

SBF stock is largely finance reclaims, stuff bought through auction cheaply, and the dross that nobody else wants… There is the odd half decent bike that’s been traded in for sure, but it’s a massive lottery… They exist to sell cheap tat to people who can’t get finance anywhere else, and are happy to pay 29.9% APR for the privilege.

Wouldn’t buy a bike from SBF unless I’d spent hours going over it first, full inspection, and it had every t crossed and i dotted in the history (they very rarely do, which is why they end up at SBF not anywhere more reputable)…

Avoid basically!
Ben17484

Post by Ben17484 »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It’s mostly as id suspect and the advice id generally give to people as well. Look at the bike in person.

My search just got a whole lot higher in priority as my FireBlade just developed a bad knock and wobble in the front fork/suspension area to the point i pulled over and am sat in a Burger King waiting for my dad to come along later with a trailer to move it. Fortunately it broke down on a trip back to see my family in Suffolk, but now need to figure out how to get it down to my house in Kent. Will be on the look out for a bike in the very very near future, so I think a trip to the Superbike factory to get a Fazer 8 might be out of the question. They seem like good value got money as you can get a half decent one for around £4K. Might splash out a bit more and for a F800R as they seem to be more plentiful
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

mboy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:27 pm are happy to pay 29.9% APR for the privilege.
I noticed the finance rate when I was in there. You'd have to be nuts or desperate to get finance from them. I think around the same time I'd got a loan from Tesco for about 7%
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Whereabouts in Suffolk is the Fireblade and where in Kent do you want it?
Do you know what's wrong with it?
Honda Owner
mboy

Post by mboy »

Ben17484 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:34 pm Thanks for the feedback everyone. It’s mostly as id suspect and the advice id generally give to people as well. Look at the bike in person.

My search just got a whole lot higher in priority as my FireBlade just developed a bad knock and wobble in the front fork/suspension area to the point i pulled over and am sat in a Burger King waiting for my dad to come along later with a trailer to move it. Fortunately it broke down on a trip back to see my family in Suffolk, but now need to figure out how to get it down to my house in Kent. Will be on the look out for a bike in the very very near future, so I think a trip to the Superbike factory to get a Fazer 8 might be out of the question. They seem like good value got money as you can get a half decent one for around £4K. Might splash out a bit more and for a F800R as they seem to be more plentiful
FZ8’s gonna feel a little insipid stepping off a Fireblade anyway, but seeing as you’re now opening your choice up with the F800R (which will feel more so), can I suggest taking a look at a GSXS1000…? Starting to come down towards your budget now, they’re plentiful, all of the fun of the Fireblade but with all of the practicality of either of the other two too… :thumbup:
mboy

Post by mboy »

Supermofo wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:37 pm
mboy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:27 pm are happy to pay 29.9% APR for the privilege.
I noticed the finance rate when I was in there. You'd have to be nuts or desperate to get finance from them. I think around the same time I'd got a loan from Tesco for about 7%
You’d be amazed how many people are either… Or both! The “it’s only £100 a month” mentality goes up in an inversely proportional manner to peoples ability to actually get good credit in the first place!

I can get a loan @ 1% over base rate if I want to, but then I have a 999 credit rating, and work hard to maintain that having learnt the lessons of poor credit from my youth and being keen never to repeat them. Many people just don’t wanna learn, and SBF is there to help them pay a 100% premium for the shitheap of their dreams over the next 60 months! :crazy:
Ben17484

Post by Ben17484 »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:39 pm Whereabouts in Suffolk is the Fireblade and where in Kent do you want it?
Do you know what's wrong with it?
I’m currently sat in Burger King copdock. My dad can get it back to his house on the outskirts of Ipswich and I’ll AA back down to my house in Kent. Might take a look around the area while I’m hear to see if there’s any good bikes for sale.
Ben17484

Post by Ben17484 »

mboy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:58 pm
Ben17484 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:34 pm Thanks for the feedback everyone. It’s mostly as id suspect and the advice id generally give to people as well. Look at the bike in person.

FZ8’s gonna feel a little insipid stepping off a Fireblade anyway, but seeing as you’re now opening your choice up with the F800R (which will feel more so), can I suggest taking a look at a GSXS1000…? Starting to come down towards your budget now, they’re plentiful, all of the fun of the Fireblade but with all of the practicality of either of the other two too… :thumbup:
Thanks for the tip, but I get absolutely nowhere near the potential of the FireBlade with my skill level, so I’m happy to step down a bit. I’ve had a few bikes around the 100bhp area and all been plenty enough for me. I do like the look of the GSXS1000, but they do seem to be a bit outside my price range still.
Ben17484

Post by Ben17484 »

Last edited by Ben17484 on Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.