What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Taipan

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Taipan »

My Daughter moved about 40 miles away. My wife was almost heartbroken that she'd moved all that way away! :wtf:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

cheb wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:52 pm I must be a heartless bastard
I'm soft as shite, me.
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
cheb

Post by cheb »

gremlin wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:26 pm
I'm soft as shite, me.
I'm more the flint hearted foreclosing type. Number 11 on the Bristol scale.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

cheb wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:20 pm
I'm soft as shite, me.
I'm more the flint hearted foreclosing type. Number 11 on the Bristol scale.
That sounds painful, but I am sure you can get pills to help.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Horse

Post by Horse »

cheb wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:20 pm I'm soft as shite,
Number 11 on the Bristol scale.
Always amuses me that someone put a number 2 on the Bristol Stool Scale :lol:
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

I'm soft as shite, me.
In my very first "real" job one of my coworkers had kids who had just started Uni.

He reacted with almost perverse glee at the thought of them being out of the house. Refused to give them any kind of assistance (either financial or "hands on") and told us with great pride about who he'd given his kid some small amount of money (think it was on the order of £250) and "when that runs out he'll have to figure it out for himself".

This chap was university educated himself though and wouldn't have paid any fees, he'd also have gotten a grant :lol: He was also big in the union and fought for various employee rights. Said kid's fees would also have been higher / loan smaller cause of this chap's salary, regardless of hoe much help the parents provided.

Some people's logic completely evades me. :hmmm:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:17 pm
But get used to that trip, it will not be the first time you drive from Chez Gremlin to the Uni. DAMHIKT.
Can I just say now.....

Bastard M6

Bastard M1

Bastard M11

Next time, I'm getting the fecking train.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

gremlin wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:47 pm Next time, I'm getting the fecking train.
I've done that loads of times to Machester Uni, I did a project with them in the late teens. Definitely my recommended way to get there, if you live near a station at the other end....which I do :lol:

Plus you get to walk past the Vimto statue!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

As soon as I mention trains, this ad always pops into my head...

:shock:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Woke up early, dropped the car off to be fixed and MOT'ed, cleaned the K&N on the Harley, holding off opening Outlook after 2 days off, set my Teams status to away.

rock n roll baby, rock n roll.
Nobby

Post by Nobby »

Bike and luggage loaded into Van. Off down to the Docks to be put into a Container.
Slow boat to Auckland.
I catch up with it early January.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Got up. Had a cup of tea...went back to bed. We had the mother and father of electrical storms last night. Quite a light show. It seemed to approach from the coast so Ming and Moofo probably were in the thick of it. Fortunately we seemed to stay on the edge for most of it but, as expected, after a few bangs and flashes the electricity went off and was up an down like a fiddler's elbow half the night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Count Steer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:53 am Got up. Had a cup of tea...went back to bed. We had the mother and father of electrical storms last night. Quite a light show. It seemed to approach from the coast so Ming and Moofo probably were in the thick of it. Fortunately we seemed to stay on the edge for most of it but, as expected, after a few bangs and flashes the electricity went off and was up an down like a fiddler's elbow half the night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
First we knew about it was when our female Staff arrived on the bed with a thud freaking out at about 0100ish. I wondered if it was due to thunder and a few seconds later the room lit up. It rumbled over us pretty quick and we had a lot of rain but no power outages.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Tried to get a replacement SIM card as the one that says delivered on the website isn't. This is the downside of using the cheaper version of big companies - the online site is a bit shit. I've spoken to SFR (the card is through their cheap version of Red) and they want to deliver a new SIM to Albertville - an hour away, with no car it'll be way longer than that!!!

Went for a coffee, stopped by the apartment of some friends to drop off clean linen - but the electronic door thingy isn't working :roll:

Now sitting on the sofa watching out for the post lady - cos I reckon the replacement for the normal one has put both the SIM card and a new bank card in the post box of a different number 18 :roll: - even though I always put 18s on all my post :roll:

Hey ho!

Then it's paperwork city the rest of the day and making appointments with hospitals - in French :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Happy Monday world :angelic-green: :angelic-green:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:09 am
Count Steer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:53 am Got up. Had a cup of tea...went back to bed. We had the mother and father of electrical storms last night. Quite a light show. It seemed to approach from the coast so Ming and Moofo probably were in the thick of it. Fortunately we seemed to stay on the edge for most of it but, as expected, after a few bangs and flashes the electricity went off and was up an down like a fiddler's elbow half the night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
First we knew about it was when our female Staff arrived on the bed with a thud freaking out at about 0100ish. I wondered if it was due to thunder and a few seconds later the room lit up. It rumbled over us pretty quick and we had a lot of rain but no power outages.
Maybe it was stuck between the North and South Downs although looking at the map I'd guess Horsham was in the middle of it. Because it was cloudy we didn't see individual lightning bolts just the sky kept lighting up and continuous rolls of thunder and it kept on for about 2 or 3 hours.

It was bright enough you could tell when it was going even in bed with eyes closed!
Voltaire
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Oddly it skirted around us- however that wasn't what it said in the radar. The dog doesn't't like lightning - so when the distant bangs and crash started, the dog arrived in the bedroom , and Mrs M goes into full mother hen mode. Cue is bed being brought in. As he won't settle at the bottom of the bed, it has to come around to my side.
And it stopped at about 11.30 - and it was quiet. That wasn't the case in Brighton
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Soggy dog walk this morning.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:29 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Oddly it skirted around us- however that wasn't what it said in the radar. The dog doesn't't like lightning - so when the distant bangs and crash started, the dog arrived in the bedroom , and Mrs M goes into full mother hen mode. Cue is bed being brought in. As he won't settle at the bottom of the bed, it has to come around to my side.
And it stopped at about 11.30 - and it was quiet. That wasn't the case in Brighton
It was strange. It seemed to 'loiter' over an area - not far away judging by the flash to bang timings - and just mooch about a few hours. Normally they seem to be on a course but this one seemed to take a particular dislike to Horsham.
Voltaire
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Noggin wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:51 am
Now sitting on the sofa watching out for the post lady - cos I reckon the replacement for the normal one has put both the SIM card and a new bank card in the post box of a different number 18 :roll: - even though I always put 18s on all my post :roll:

Happy Monday world :angelic-green: :angelic-green:
Well damn I should have had more patience!! LOL She's normally here before 13:00, so I waited till a bit after then cancelled the SIM order and redid it.

FFS, not only did she turn up 30 mins ago, but she had the bank card that was 'missing' AND the SIM card :roll:

Oh well. Got to wait for the second SIM to arrive now!! :lol:

BUT - I now have in my possession a shiny new French driving licence :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: Sadly with a photo that looks like something from a WANTED poster :roll: (bad hair day isn't even close as a description!! :shock: ). However, they've let me keep my trailer category (for cars), but they didn't let me keep the C & D categories :( :( :(
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

MrLongbeard wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:44 am Woke up early, dropped the car off to be fixed and MOT'ed, cleaned the K&N on the Harley, holding off opening Outlook after 2 days off, set my Teams status to away.

rock n roll baby, rock n roll.
Cucking Funts can't get the part in, for the love of your chosen deity how hard is it to pre-order parts for jobs you've had on the books for a week rather than waiting until 4 hours after I'd dropped the sodding car off :angry-cussingblack: