Andrea Iannone... 18 months ban

Discussions on your upcoming trackdays, discusions on WSB, MotoGP, BSB or even F1.
weeksy
Site Admin

Andrea Iannone... 18 months ban

Post by weeksy »

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/93761 ... motogp-ban
Andrea Iannone has been handed an 18-month ban by the FIM, following positive tests for a prohibited substance during last November's Malaysian MotoGP.

The ban starts from 17 December, when the positive urine test was announced, and runs until 16 June, 2021.

That would mean the current Aprilia star is ruled out of the entire 2020 MotoGP season plus perhaps the opening eight races of next year.

However, Iannone is expected to launch an appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), especially since Aprilia claims Iannone's accidental consumption of steroids through food contamination was accepted by the FIM.

Iannone has also been disqualified from last year's Sepang and Valencia rounds but didn't finish either race.
A loss to the sport ? or a wasted talent ?

Will Bradley replace him when sport restarts ? or will they bring in someone else ?
G.P

Re: Andrea Iannone... 18 months ban

Post by G.P »

I reckon the'll use Bradders until the case goes through the court of Arbitration. They can't really sign a contract for a new rider and then dump them if Iannone wins the case?
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

G.P wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:28 am I reckon the'll use Bradders until the case goes through the court of Arbitration. They can't really sign a contract for a new rider and then dump them if Iannone wins the case?
Even if he does win the case, wouldn't you want him out of there anyway purely due to the bad publicitiy ?
crust

Post by crust »

He only goes well at contract time, Bradder's best days are behind him - except maybe as a development rider, Spagbol is doing ok.

So - give the ride to a youngster, will cost the team less, may discover a talent.
Skub

Post by Skub »

Man,Iannone breaks my heart.

He blows so hot and cold and if he could only get his head together to be more consistent,he'd be great to watch.

That time on the Ducati when he took out Dovi and subsequently lost his works ride,was the start of the downward slide for him. He seems a complicated character and probably needs very special people around him to allow him to shine,but racing is a ruthless sport and patience with individuals isn't endless.

I'm kind of reminded of Antony Gobert,the same precocious levels of talent,but in many other ways a loose cannon.

A bloody shame for us all. File under 'what could have been'.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
WelshDragon

Post by WelshDragon »

Don’t often hear about it in motorsports. Shame really as it takes another competitor out if the frame. :hmmm:
Life’s for living, so let’s get on with it! :P
hilldweller

Post by hilldweller »

weeksy wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:40 am Even if he does win the case, wouldn't you want him out of there anyway purely due to the bad publicity ?
Is it that bad ? Did he gain any unfair advantage, it doesn't look like it. Does he put his life on the line to entertain us, he sure does.

( hey, this forum seems to handle very well, good grip and plenty of power. Not tried the brakes yet )
Brian
Supermofo

Post by Supermofo »

Give a youngster a shot I say. Bradley had a chance and it didn't work out. Prilla need a decent young rider to give it 100% alongside AE for both them and the good of trying new blood. I just hope they can sort their project out as doesn't sound like it was the best. Sadly sounded like they had a decent-ish bike at the test.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Supermofo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:01 pm Give a youngster a shot I say. Bradley had a chance and it didn't work out. Prilla need a decent young rider to give it 100% alongside AE for both them and the good of trying new blood. I just hope they can sort their project out as doesn't sound like it was the best. Sadly sounded like they had a decent-ish bike at the test.
There are no free riders ATM.