What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Mr Moofo

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Mr Moofo »

Managed to get on a motorbike and ride it!
Which doesn't seem such a big deal but 10 weeks after breaking the scaphoid, using my left wrist is still "challenging"
Tomorrow the mountain bike ...
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:49 pm Managed to get on a motorbike and ride it!
Which doesn't seem such a big deal but 10 weeks after breaking the scaphoid, using my left wrist is still "challenging"
Top job! Go easy big fella
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Shit faced, again.
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

Pirahna wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:10 pm
Demannu wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:51 pm Can't see how any self respecting builder would be without one.
Because it's got a paltry 650kg payload. I looked at them briefly earlier in the year, in the end I decided to keep the van, it's got more than double the payload and many times the volume. It does spend most it's time carting bicycles around but I've got some stuff to move later this week which will be 2 trips in the van, lot's of trips in a Ranger Raptor.
That's what trailers were invented for! Nothing beats going out to quote for a job in your Raptor! Same raison d'etre for quality plumbers, VW T6 and you just knew they were going to be a good 'un.
Daughter is a horsey person, so towing capacity is the main issue for her.......unless she can persuade some of the frisky ones onto the rear bed!
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Got banned from a forum I'd been a member of for 17 years after the admin decided that a comment about the weather was a political statement. Initially started out as a 10 day suspension & until a few hours ago stated that it ran out at 10pm tonight, but at some point in the final 2 or 3 hours, he made it permanent. I guess I was the latest target as he's been banning a lot of long time members for the most ridiculous reasons... which always seems to happen late in the evening after he's had a skinful.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :obscene-birdiedoublered:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Mr Moofo wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:49 pm Managed to get on a motorbike and ride it!
Broke mine March 17th 2003 (right side). It's still broken.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Demannu wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:51 pm Today have been playing GTFOOMY with the daughter's new mowta! The bonnet is pretty much the same height as most car roofs!
All black ranger raptor, 10sp auto thingy. It's got an info screen bigger than my telly!
Head and shoulders better than the last one, and she's getting 35mpg towing 2t around.
If I had more money than sense, I'd have one!
Can't see how any self respecting builder would be without one.
I hope she bought the optional 100k mile/8 year factory warranty because those Ford 10 speeds (10R60/10R80/10R100) are absolute fucking hand grenades... Class action lawsuits in progress. The one here completely shit the bed at 25,000miles (10R60, same as the Ranger Raptor).
Demannu

Post by Demannu »

ZRX61 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:58 am
Demannu wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:51 pm Today have been playing GTFOOMY with the daughter's new mowta! The bonnet is pretty much the same height as most car roofs!
All black ranger raptor, 10sp auto thingy. It's got an info screen bigger than my telly!
Head and shoulders better than the last one, and she's getting 35mpg towing 2t around.
If I had more money than sense, I'd have one!
Can't see how any self respecting builder would be without one.
I hope she bought the optional 100k mile/8 year factory warranty because those Ford 10 speeds (10R60/10R80/10R100) are absolute fucking hand grenades... Class action lawsuits in progress. The one here completely shit the bed at 25,000miles (10R60, same as the Ranger Raptor).
She does @40k a year, it will be changed in 2026 whilst still under warranty. UK spec motors are far lower hp outputs than your yank tanks so may give the box an easier time. They certainly do some work though.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:58 pm Doesn't the (lack of) payload in pick ups have some big implication for VAT, commercial vehicles etc. etc.?

Get the fuck out of my way, BTW.
From memory load bed size has more to do with construction and use regs and which speed limit applies, the police struggle to understand these.
I think VAT might be connected to weight capacity, iirc one German van was VAT free until you added luxury seats which took available load capacity under the limit.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Walked the dog in the rain. Lovely to see her racing around with a little Jack Russell terrier having a ball. She is now snoozing on my study floor as I prepare for a funeral this afternoon. 92 year old lady with great great grandchildren who all adored her. Will be a tear-filled service, but also a joyful celebration of her long and very eventful life.

Collect the wife this evening and walk dog in the projected thundery showers. Just a bit of rain (not like Libya where floods have killed thousands).
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

woke up in tears, managed not to cry on the bread I made! Sorted the fridge a bit. Sitting here wishing I was in the UK (first time in freaking years) and trying to get the enthusiasm to organise myself for an interview later today!!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Noggin wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:45 am woke up in tears, managed not to cry on the bread I made! Sorted the fridge a bit. Sitting here wishing I was in the UK (first time in freaking years) and trying to get the enthusiasm to organise myself for an interview later today!!!
KBO @Noggin

Walked the dogs, my back is still sore but behaving itself, unlike yesterday where I was wincing every time I moved. This was brought on by my swimming and messing about in the sea on Sunday, thinking I was 25 y/o me not 54 y/o me.

@Mr Moofo be careful, you don't want one of these. How's the healing going?
IMG_3561.jpeg
IMG_3561.jpeg (127.81 KiB) Viewed 229 times
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Woke up to discover I've been pardoned & allowed back in the forum I was banned from...
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Used my new Lawnmower. Quite impressed with it, which is good as it's not something I enjoy spending my money on.
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:25 pm Used my new Lawnmower. Quite impressed with it, which is good as it's not something I enjoy spending my money on.
Wassat?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Taipan wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:25 pm Used my new Lawnmower. Quite impressed with it, which is good as it's not something I enjoy spending my money on.
But is it a robot one?
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

MingtheMerciless wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:56 am

@Mr Moofo be careful, you don't want one of these. How's the healing going?

IMG_3561.jpeg
@MingtheMerciless
It's healed - the fracture clinic have signed me off with a jovial ( or perhaps snide) comment of " Don't ride mountain bike or motorbike for three months (unless you are going to do it gently). I guess I will see you three months then"
trying to build strength into the hand - three weeks out of plaster and it is just beginning to come back. Enough to work a Ducati clutch - but not too many times
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Noggin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:24 pm Just got a text from an old friend that I've not heard from in a year or so - never going to be good news

the news was that an old mate's son was in a bike vs car accident (apparently possibly two cars) a couple of days ago. In Southmead hospital, no other info

Have managed to find out this -
Critical but stable in ICU. Starting to move his legs and left hand a little bit and also open his eyes. He is breathing unaided but unfortunately has a bad chest infection

I had determined that I'd not chase for info, but I did succumb and message his wife this morning. the response was -
He is doing really well. Going up now to see him xx
Difficult to know how good that is as I don't have any info on the starting point, but if she's positive, I will try harder to be positive!!

I keep looking for the 'crossed fingers' emoji - but, <<crossing fingers big time >>
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Flux

Post by Flux »

Unusual one for me , walked up Walla crag in the morning (currently on holiday in lake district) then rode to Nottingham to see Echo and the bunnymen got back to campsite at 2.30 and needed a little rest.
Attachments
20230912_214036.jpg
20230912_214036.jpg (1.9 MiB) Viewed 150 times
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

Not what I've done. What I haven't done.

Eat. :(

I'm having colonoscopy tmrw and today is my starvation day. I'm bloody starving.
And really looking forward to the "emptying" of my system later.
Gotta do it at 3:00 then 8:00 :(