Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Druid

Re: Insignificant/ Significant things that BYP or just wind you up a little

Post by Druid »

Rockburner wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:18 am
cheb wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:10 am Can I invent a new word? Wifesplaining. She's just dug up the potatoes from the garden and it's important I know the difference between the two varieties. I'll admit it might have been a bit tricky without her explaining that some are long, thin and creamy coloured and the others are purple.
Is that the same as when they suggest something, you say "yes, fine, good, happy with that", then they carry on trying to persuade you for another four hours?
I didn't know you've met my wife?
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:40 pm Zara.

The shop, not the minor royal.
Go on, why?!! (only cos I've never been in there!! :lol: )
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Shoulda gone to Primani!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Noggin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:32 am

First of all, I only went as Gremlinette wanted to go there. I was just facilitating the payment....

My gripes are:

It looks like a fucking jumble sale. Shit everywhere.

It's full of people who seem stuffed full of botox and Burger King.

The floor staff are as helpful as a penis at a lesbian convention. Want to try the clothes on? Tough, fitting rooms closed for no good reason.

The queues to pay move at glacial pace. A knee-capped tortoise could have outpaced it.

Get the drift..?
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

gremlin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:23 am
Noggin wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:32 am

First of all, I only went as Gremlinette wanted to go there. I was just facilitating the payment....

My gripes are:

It looks like a fucking jumble sale. Shit everywhere.

It's full of people who seem stuffed full of botox and Burger King.

The floor staff are as helpful as a penis at a lesbian convention. Want to try the clothes on? Tough, fitting rooms closed for no good reason.

The queues to pay move at glacial pace. A knee-capped tortoise could have outpaced it.

Get the drift..?
Aaah, normal 'chic shop' type stuff then!! LOL
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Bustaspoke

Post by Bustaspoke »

These days I don't get wound up much but those piss takers in charge of unloading the ferry at Heysham the other night suceeded.
Heysham was already the port of neccessity,not choice but after the fiasco the other night I'll struggle to use the hole again :evil:
Ferry docked & the bike's were last off the boat,no problem with that,however the penultimate vehicle struggled to get turned around & took a good 10 minute's to get off the boat.Meanwhile what seemed over 100 bikes,riders & pillions were forced to wait in a fume filled hold for these clowns to get this van & trailer off the boat.Cue lots of gesticulating & horns honcking,they could have just stopped the van after a couple of minutes & let the bikes go,but no,they made everyone wait.I told one of the staff 'That's a fiasco,the worst ever',but I doubt anything will be done about it,so I'll avoid the place. :thumbup:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I've run out of washing up liquid :roll: :roll:

I've always got a spare bottle on a shelf because the shop hours are interesting up here out of season. But, last time I did a proper shop (6 weeks ago) it seems that in my efforts to save money, I didn't buy the replacement spare bottle :roll:

Realised this morning but too late for the morning opening of spar. Set a reminder to pop up when it opens this afternoon, BUT -

they no longer open in the afternoons on a Saturday :( :( Not even the last day of the season :( :(

Sooooo, the huge amount of cooking I was going to do is on hold as I can't wash up anything :angry-cussingblack:

Bit peeved TBF! I'm hitch-hiking down to the valley on Monday for a scan, so can get some more then. But FFS!!! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:
dern

Post by dern »

Being told that something you’re selling is too expensive by someone who wants to pay less for it.
Tricky

Post by Tricky »

dern wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:51 pm Being told that something you’re selling is too expensive by someone who wants to pay less for it.
I never get cross at that- I just ask them how much they want to pay, and if it's not enough ( or if I think they are a tosser, which more often than not is the case) , end it there and tell them to go and buy someone else's
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

City ring roads at rush hour. I know what they're going to be like and I avoid but Friday I was given no choice but to experience both morning and evening versions going in / out of Bordeaux.

FFS.

You get to experience the full set of shitty, impatient driving skills. You get to sigh at all the regular car comooters speeding between traffic cams and hustling you out their path, creating lanes that don't exist between you and the Armco so they can hoof it up to the next exit ramp

The only enjoyable bit was watching the numerous bikes lane splitting. Quite a lot of fun looking sports bikes and (to me) less so biggish scoots. Most being ridden appropriately aggressively (I find I'm waaaaaay more considerate of lairy and 'making progress' behaviour from bikes than I am cars. Cars 'making progress' in traffic always seems slightly ridiculous) that I recall enjoying when I was a regular commuter years ago
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

The weather has bmp. We did get lucky whilst away in the camper a lot of the time but it wasn’t the hot summer days and warm balmy evenings we wanted really. Back to work tomorrow just as the heatwave kicks in ffs!
cheb

Post by cheb »

That my local Co-Op don't stock oranges. After a few times of noticing they don't have any in and dismissing that as fluctuating demand, school holidays, tourist season etc, or just plain simple bad stock control and ordering, I've just had it confirmed that head office in Manchester have decided they aren't allowed to stock them nor will they order them in, not even by the whole box.

It's graded as a 'Convenience Store' so they have the full range of ready packed preprepared veg but no oranges.

I'm being defruited. To the barricades and start the fight.
Skub

Post by Skub »

cheb wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:11 pm That my local Co-Op don't stock oranges. After a few times of noticing they don't have any in and dismissing that as fluctuating demand, school holidays, tourist season etc, or just plain simple bad stock control and ordering, I've just had it confirmed that head office in Manchester have decided they aren't allowed to stock them nor will they order them in, not even by the whole box.

It's graded as a 'Convenience Store' so they have the full range of ready packed preprepared veg but no oranges.

We have Orangemen over here who just love a good fight. :thumbup:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

cheb wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:11 pm That my local Co-Op don't stock oranges. After a few times of noticing they don't have any in and dismissing that as fluctuating demand, school holidays, tourist season etc, or just plain simple bad stock control and ordering, I've just had it confirmed that head office in Manchester have decided they aren't allowed to stock them nor will they order them in, not even by the whole box.

The Co-op you say. Raise it the AGM, demand they restore your fruit and cut back the pre-packed stuff. Co-op members are big on eco stuff.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

Mr. DelMonté, he says "no". :lol:
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
Plato
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Cousin Jack wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:57 pm Co-op members are big on eco stuff.
Those oranges have come nearly as far as the tea!

Say nothing of the avocados.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Apple store prices.

Gremlinette needed a high-speed charging plug-type thingy, as the Fairies of Disappearance have swept through Chez Gremlin once more. As we were passing, we popped in.

A three-pin charger with 2 x USB-C ports - £69.

1 x 2m USB-c to USB-C cable - £19.

:o

Even the Gremlinette, who worships at the alter of All Things Apple, snorted in derision.

Amazon sorted us out for less than a score.
Trinity765

Post by Trinity765 »

Pigeons! Again!

One got into my flat yesterday while I was out. It must have been here a long time. It had shit on my sofa and throw and all along the window sill which I cleaned when I got home but I've just noticed it has shit on the wall and the wall clock and on top of a white unit. It's properly dried on now and to add insult to injury, it's elderberry season.
Lockdown refugee
MrLongbeard

Post by MrLongbeard »

Trinity765 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:35 am Pigeons! Again!

One got into my flat yesterday
LOL, we had one in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago, it right got the hump trying to land on any one of the numerous cactus that the wife likes to have in there, but simple enough to get a hold off and evict before it crapped anywhere.

The neighbours had a racing pigeon come in that they couldn't get rid of, apparently it had been in their gaff for 2 weeks :wtf: and they declined my offer to get rid of it :shock:
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Gremlinette has a very, very expensive designer bag. She went to Brighton the other day with her boyfriend, and as they sat on the beach, a seagull dive-bombed them and scored a bullseye by getting a massive runny shit right in her bag.

She was not happy. :lol: