Friday thread... the first of Sept one.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
weeksy
Site Admin

Friday thread... the first of Sept one.

Post by weeksy »

First as in first and first as in first weekend too obviously.

Fri. Wet here.. was supposed to be riding later with the boy but unlikely. Pick up a new Hope rear wheel for him. Maybe meatballs for tea, maybe Chinese.
Sat. quiet for Sat this week, tempting to go out for a pedal or watch DH juniors from Loudenville on Discovery+
Sun. BikeParkWales with @Couchy and the youngsters
Mon. Silverstone GP for Mrs Weeksy on the ZX6R
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: Friday thread... the first of Sept one.

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Working today, working tomorrow, maybe working Sunday if Saturday doesn't go well
Honda Owner
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:45 am Working today, working tomorrow, maybe working Sunday if Saturday doesn't go well
where's the bike ????
Le_Fromage_Grande

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

weeksy wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:47 am
Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:45 am Working today, working tomorrow, maybe working Sunday if Saturday doesn't go well
where's the bike ????
Still not ready, they might ring me today, I might ring them, but I knew I was going to be working this weekend, I may be able to get a day off during the week, work would rather pay me extra money for working over the weekend, I'd rather have the time off.
Honda Owner
Potter

Post by Potter »

Rail strikes scuppered the London plans and I ended up driving all night to pick my lad up from his posting down south.
We're still having a long weekend in the UK doing family stuff, but it won't be the London extravaganza that I had planned.

We'll probably try and fit in a mix of shopping, running, country walks, shooting and eating out, but not at the same time.

On Sunday we may try to recreate a fun thing that we used to do when my lad was small, from about 5yrs old he used to jump on the back of my bike and we'd ride to Devils Bridge, strip off to our undies and jump in. He's a grown man now, but we might try it, so if you go to Devils Bridge on Sunday and see two dickheads pull up on a bike and then go swimming in ice cold water, then it's us :lol:
Ditchfinder

Post by Ditchfinder »

Tomorrow should see the back end of the Triumph stripped off so I can replace the suspension bushes and unstick the rear caliper, the rear wheel axle was at least well greased so hopefully the linkages will be too. I suspect my luck will fail and I will spend all day swearing and hitting things and realising I don't have the right sized spanner to finish the job :?

Out to a friends for tea on Saturday then E-mtb in the Dales on Sunday :thumbup:
'07 Griso 1100 7 '94 Sprint 900
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Family BBQ tomorrow with my nephew's Lithuanian girlfriend bringing a Lithuanian pork dish for us to try! :thumbup:

Sunday sorting stuff out for my return to work after best part of a month off. Looking forward to getting back, but not catching up. Also, I get to start using the Africa Twin again! :thumbup:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I'm off to get my ears lowered in a bit.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Today is the last day for the free bus to the valley, so I had coffee up here and chatted to a couple of bikers (might be able to help me with the reregistering of the bike!) then down to the valley for a coffee with my petrol head mate :D

Back up and started some planning for cooking later :D Email a different insurance co to try and get insurance for the Monster till the winter!!

Having an ice cream with a girl up here later then physio then probably sleep (I've been stupidly tired recently!)

Tomorrow - Probably more cooking for the freezer. No more buses :( But my friend's restaurant is still open tomorrow, so I'll probably go practice my french!! Might even sort out some of the mess in the apartment and do some dressmaking (well, jacket making!!)

Turns out there might be some bike racing on tv, so that will be the background!!)

Sunday - bikes, cooking, walking - something like that!!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
tricol

Post by tricol »

Naff all tonight, maybe wash the car
Tomorrow, MTB and some football
Sunday, MT ride out somewhere new.
Yamaha MT09 SP
MingtheMerciless

Post by MingtheMerciless »

Friday, got home from a night shift, slept this morning, dog walk later then 12hr nights all weekend.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."
slowhare

Post by slowhare »

KungFooBob wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:56 pm I'm off to get my ears lowered in a bit.
🤣🤣🤣
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Flat out at work the past 3 days finalising settings for a local server to cloud migration and also a Google Workspace to MS tenancy migration whilst keeping the old servers running concurrently! The school also has quite a stressy head teacher! Done some training to 50/60 teachers with a new employee at the new company i work at who turns out to be a ex MS Azure support technician which was handy.

Tonight - Just having a few rum and cokes and working on a new house track for a few hours (after posting on here!), then going to finish off the last of my peppered steak takeaway then bedtime. Having a medium night tonight as i have Forwards fez tomorrow.

Sat - Got to go shopping and do some house work then mates arriving at mine at 2pm and we are off to Forwards Festival on the Downs here in Bristol.

It's the 2nd Forwards fez so it is fairly new...last year was great...:) This year Leftfield, Primal Scream and Aphex Twin are going to be my highlights...:)

Sun - Up with a hangover then heading to the Shakespeare in Totteeeeeerrrrrdown for our 19th Sunday Roast Club meet. Will be funny as 4 of the 10 attending will be hungover from the festival lol. Got to speak to my neighbour about some boring fence repairs when i get back then will chill with films and a weed gummy.

Back to the mad house that is work monday!

https://www.forwardsbristol.co.uk/?gcli ... boEALw_wcB
Last edited by Greenman on Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mangocrazy

Post by mangocrazy »

Made a start on loading the van up for the trip to France. I'm taking the Falco with me (with its spiffy new raised bars), along with a humungous set of hydraulic jack stands which weigh a ton and take up loads of space, along with half a Lancia Beta engine (the top half) and exhaust manifold, plus general power and hand tools.

I'm also taking the cat, who now has a better passport than me (a French pet passport), his dietary requirements for 5 weeks, plus his shitbox. I am seriously wondering how I'm going to fit everything in, which is why I will need several days to figure out this life size Tetris puzzle.

Saturday - continuing with van-packing
Sunday - more of the same
Monday - last frantic attempts to jam everything in
Tuesday - off we jolly well go...
There is no cloud, just somebody else's computer.
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

M and I are having a couple of days doing nothing in Bozburun. The location is good, the weather lovely - less humidity than Turunç, the sea is warm but . . .

The hotel is . . . Hard to explain. We keep expecting John Cleese to appear. It's nice, just lacking 20 years worth of tlc. They can't make coffee and even ran out of tea ffs.

I quite like it though.

We leave tomorrow and Sunday I give up procrastinating. Maybe.
wheelnut

Post by wheelnut »

Yambo wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:58 pm
We leave tomorrow and Sunday I give up procrastinating. Maybe.
Don’t be hasty. Decide on Monday.
MyLittleStudPony

Post by MyLittleStudPony »

I've had the kids for the last week, we've done some good things but the school holidays are over. They're going back to their mum tomorrow.

There's a week of nice weather ahead here in Toity Town. I'm looking forward to it and planning as little as possible so I can make the most of it. Having knocked the old work on the head a while back I'm well placed to do so. :thumbup:
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Back home today, bought an air fryer.
Saturday, first of 3 early shifts so up at stupid o clock.
Sunday/Monday, same.
Then 3 nights.
Nothing exiting here, other than looking at buying a newer caravan, possibly also looking into living in it year round, but in a nice place.
Have fun all
Mick