Food that everyone else raves about, but you just can't stomach.

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Noggin

Re: Food that everyone else raves about, but you just can't stomach.

Post by Noggin »

Trout! I'll eat it as it's not really bad, but I always think it has a taste of mud about it. Haven't eaten it for years and years now, but I do remember it is a bit weird!
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

In-n-Out is a California based fast food chain that people rave about. While the burgers are edible, the chips taste like the field the taters were grown in.
slowhare

Post by slowhare »

tofu, can go fu.
Cousin Jack

Post by Cousin Jack »

Noggin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:31 pm Trout! I'll eat it as it's not really bad, but I always think it has a taste of mud about it. Haven't eaten it for years and years now, but I do remember it is a bit weird!
Cheapish Paris restaurants often have other fresh water fish, (carp, pike, perch) on the menu. They all have a tastecof mud about them.
Cornish Tart #1

Remember An Gof!
slowhare

Post by slowhare »

Cousin Jack wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:04 pm
Noggin wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:31 pm Trout! I'll eat it as it's not really bad, but I always think it has a taste of mud about it. Haven't eaten it for years and years now, but I do remember it is a bit weird!
Cheapish Paris restaurants often have other fresh water fish, (carp, pike, perch) on the menu. They all have a tastecof mud about them.
Lake perch are a speciality dish in Geneva, Switzerland. Pike make for fine eating anywhere but are tricky to fillet. Poles seem to appreciate the earthy texture of carp, and are a highly prized Christmas dish over there.