What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Le_Fromage_Grande

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Le_Fromage_Grande »

Yorick wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:35 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:31 pm I bought some boat shoes... and I don't even got a boat!
I've got tennis elbow and I didn't play tennis.

Not gonna do athletes foot joke :(
I've got house maids knee, but I've never had a house maid.
Honda Owner
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Le_Fromage_Grande wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:38 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:31 pm I bought some boat shoes... and I don't even got a boat!

Did you hear about the architect who had his house made backwards so he could watch TV?
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

KungFooBob wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:08 pm

Did you hear about the architect who had his house made backwards so he could watch TV?
Woooosh. Explain?
Horse

Post by Horse »

Yorick wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:44 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:08 pm Did you hear about the architect who had his house made backwards so he could watch TV?
Woooosh. Explain?
It's not like you to be so funny :D
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Yorick wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:44 pm
KungFooBob wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:08 pm

Woooosh. Explain?
made/maid.
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

IMG_20230827_192334_445.jpg
IMG_20230827_192334_445.jpg (1.66 MiB) Viewed 474 times
non quod, sed quomodo
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Decision to go riding today was a bloody daft idea... 104deg with the humidity of a popcorn fart.

New rule: leave the fucking bike alone if it's forecast to be over 85
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Went to see a doc with a vein issue this morning - so I wore shorts and summer shoes

Given that it's snowing at about 150m up from me, that wasn't the best choice! But easier cos she needed to see my knee!! LOL

Sadly, it was the doc that reduced me to floods of tears (partly based on anger) last time I saw her about three years ago. Back then she prescribed something totally unnecessary and (in the words of a mate) barbaric! So I didn't take it

This time she's prescribed an anti-inflammatory gel to reduce the pain of a swollen (varicose?) vein - I'm not 100% sure I should be using it for that but can't find anything on t'interweb!! :lol: Sad when you don't trust the doc you see!!

Anyway - gratuitous wet snowy shots from here today :D Not unusual to have snow on the tops of the mountains in summer - less usual for it to be pissing down for two or three days :roll: :roll:

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

Ran my first 5k, probably ever. :thumbup:

A big(ish) deal for me. I've always been shit at running, and have therefore avoided it, but it got it to the point as I'm hammering on mid 50s where I genuinely didn't think I could jog to the end of the street. And it turned out I couldn't.

So the missus and I started the awful sounding couch-to-5k 'training'. First week struggling to jog for more than 90 second bursts. And a few months later here we are. The missus's achievement is better than mine tbf because she's had some shocking health issues the last three years.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

We had to cajole my parents into doing parkrun 5k with us 2 or 3 years ago, my Dad grumpily walked it pushing baby D in a pram.

They're both now on the committee at the local running club and do 10k regularly. :lol:
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Walked the dog, then got kitted up for a spin on the new toy. It promptly started drizzling 🤦

Started packing for my trip to the States in a week and a bit.

Drizzle stopped, so managed to get out for a spin after all - popped in to see an old friend en route on a whim, had a natter, zoomed home happily ignoring the flashing rev counter 😇 I'm nearly done with running it in, but the US trip will delay things.

Walked the dog again, chopped some kindling, lit a fire, and am currently flopped on the settee with Muz and a glass of wine, contemplating food. Hurrah for bank holidays 😎
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Received my boat hook that I ordered from Amazon.

I really should pay more attention when ordering. It looked fine in the pictures. Aluminium, extendable, quite sturdy etc etc. Well yes, it extends - to the magnificent total of...1 metre. Doh. Might be handy if you're in a coracle. :(

Ordered a proper one.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
636mick

Post by 636mick »

Woke up early so got up and went to B & M, if you need fence paint they are doing Ronseal one coat Fence Life for £5 for 5 ltrs.
Just thought I would mention it!!
Mick
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Went for my BUPA health check.

Weight up, blood pressure up, referred for urgent urinary consultation and told to get physio on my numerous joint pains.

On the plus side, I'm still breathing. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Rockburner

Post by Rockburner »

IMG_20230829_121024_679~2.jpg
IMG_20230829_121024_679~2.jpg (894.08 KiB) Viewed 333 times
You know you've done naff all miles when nothing in here needs adjusting.
non quod, sed quomodo
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Yesterday I went to a wedding reception :) Bit of a late invite but appreciated nonetheless. Was a fab evening. A few of the brits did the normal brit thing with a free bar and got shitfaced! The French seem to have more tolerance (or abuse a free bar less!) and didn't seem to be anywhere near as bad when I left about 11.30!!

I drove a friends car home as they were staying on for the taxi that started at midnight! I got home about midnight and went straight to bed, then turned my phone onto silent as a random drunk brit was texting me (must have got my phone number from one of the local drunk brits!!). Good job too as he called me at 1.30am :o

Got up early for work as no one had said we weren't working today. Luckily we weren't working as I messed up the HRT!!! A tablet I normally take at night (and should be taken at night as it 'aids sleep/makes you drowsy') I forgot when I got home last night. So, to avoid messing up the balance, I took it straight after breakfast, then when I found out I wasn't working, I went to the bakery for a coffee and a croissant.

Within ten mins of texting a mate to say I'd get the bus down to say hi (about 40-50 mins after taking the tablet) I had a properly spinny head. And almost total disconnect between brain and function - the text I sent to cancel meeting for a coffee was interesting, and that was after I'd deleted all the completely unintelligable garbage I typed instead of real words!! Walking the 300m home was interesting as I could barely walk!! Must have looked like one of the shitfaced brits :( :( :(

After a couple of hours crashed out on the sofa, I feel human (ish) again. So, note to self, if I forget to take the progesterone tablet, FFS don't take it in the morning with food!!!!!!! (I'm sure I've taken it in the morning before, just probably not with food! ) :lol: :lol:

Then this afternoon I got a text from the sister of the mate that got married saying "when did Sarah suggest you picked us up tomorrow to take us to Geneva?" !!! :o I'd said I could do it and let me know weeks ago, but this is the first I've head of a confirmation!! LOL So I'm doing very little today to try and catch up on more sleep as getting up at 4.30am so I can get to GVA at back before starting work at 10:30!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Took Holy Communion to an elderly couple. Both have health issues, but were grateful to be getting on with what they can and enjoying life. Then went to a care home to do the prayers for the dying. The lady I gave last rites to last week is now unresponsive and on end of life care with morphine for pain and sleeping medication. Her sister was grateful for the visit and prayers. Back out to do a bit of shopping, it is my wife's birthday tomorrow, so I am keeping my diary clear so I can enjoy being with her. During the day I arranged a Baptism and details for a funeral in two weeks, setting up further meeting with the various families. Busy day, but a good one. About to take the Compline service online.
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Drove to Geneva airport for the first time since April! So very pretty around Lake Annecy at 7am!! Made my friends very happy to see it looking lovely (bit freaky as there was 'mist' rising off the lake, but in tendrils, which always makes me think of a Dr Who plot!!) LOL

Got to Albertville (and hour from home) and my boss rang to say it was wet and cold in resort and I didn't have to start till 1pm :D :D

So, contacted the girl who's car I was in and I then stopped for coffee with my mate in Mâcot, went to Bourg to get a joint of pork to turn into bacon and a pasty from another mates shop then came home in time for work :D

I cleaned 10 cycles, got my jeans soaking wet and the lower part of my very long hoody!! At which point my boss sent me home to change and get warm! Back to clean cycle helmets whilst he washed a couple of the electric scooters (before rushing off to an appointment!).

Physio at 18.30 - room was freezing so I was shivering by the end!!

Pasty for tea and about to go to bed - getting up at 4.30am is alright in the winter when you're used to it, but in summer, not so much!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

I may have just added two '84 GPz 750's & two '84 GPz1100's to the collection... :wtf: :shock: 8-) :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Slenver

Post by Slenver »

Just been swimming with a load of manta rays. Pretty sweet.
Attachments
SportDiver_20230831_124814.jpeg
SportDiver_20230831_124814.jpeg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 182 times