What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Yorick

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Yorick »

the_priest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:22 am
Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:02 pm
the_priest wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:23 pm Been fairly busy today. Walked the dog twice. Helped daughter collect her glasses and took her to therapy. Emptied our baptistry pool this morning. Had two full immersion Baptisms yesterday (what an incredible joy and delight).
We've got a nice pool in our gaff. Think we could get in on the action ? We could chuck in a BBQ after ?

Maybe you could nip over and I'd cut you in on the deal. Obviously in February when it's coldest in UK :D
In all sincerity, if this is what people truly wanted in affirming faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, I would be there as quickly as possible!

I'd love to visit, cheap beer, warm weather, dogs, bikes and more for enjoyment, what is there not to like? BBQ would be great, albeit I am pescatarian, but people can enjoy their meat if they want to.

:obscene-drinkingcheers: :mrgreen:
The lord works in mysterious ways :D
Yambo

Post by Yambo »

My niece, her family and some friends have been here for a couple of weeks and have just left. For 10 of those days my niece's son and his girlfriend have been staying at my house (the rest of them in holiday apartments).

For a number of years when people asked me if I was ever going to hook up with another woman I always replied I was looking for a tall, slim woman with good legs and hopefully rich. The usual comeback was "If we find one that's available you'll be the last one to know!"

So, with my niece's son's girlfriend arriving a few days after the main bunch I borrowed a car and picked her up from the airport.

Five foot eleven, slim, blonde, very fit from horse riding, karate and other sports, blonde and works for Border Force. She's also very pleasant company and likes a beer.

I'm old enough to be her grandfather of course and people who met her are now taking the piss out of the ol' giffer. M does not meet the old criteria but ticks other boxes but she couldn't resist a witty comment. Depression is hovering again . . . :lol:
JackyJoll

Post by JackyJoll »

I saw a cat getting a CAT scan.
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Yesterday i played golf with the boy... It was only the driving range but he seems to have developed a minor obsession with hitting golf balls.

I've played once in 15+ years after a fair length of time being a decent golfer.. Within 4-5 shots i was hitting the ball sweetly and pretty much spot on... My lad was somewhat "wow, that went a long way and really straight".... Yeah that's what playing 10+ hours a day for years and years will do for you :)

We're working on getting his swing better and he's hitting some pretty nice shots now. Won't be long before he's half reasonable.
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Not today - but Tuesday. Had the scaphoid arm cast removed after 7.5 weeks. It had turned yellow brownish and had a vague hum.
Now trying to get my wrist working again after the incarceration - two days down - and it is still very swollen and stiff.
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Played at being an ambulance driver. :(

Wife phoned doctor this morning, in at 2.30. Does a few tests, hands her a letter and says 'Hi thee hence to A&E, don't drive, I can arrange an ambulance if you wish".

Neenawwneeenawww!

So, here I sit....
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
weeksy
Site Admin

Post by weeksy »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:53 pm Played at being an ambulance driver. :(

Wife phoned doctor this morning, in at 2.30. Does a few tests, hands her a letter and says 'Hi thee hence to A&E, don't drive, I can arrange an ambulance if you wish".

Neenawwneeenawww!

So, here I sit....
Good luck matey
Taipan

Post by Taipan »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:53 pm Played at being an ambulance driver. :(

Neenawwneeenawww!

So, here I sit....
Hope all is well.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Best wishes to Mrs CS

And, with Mrs Gremmers in too, can we stop there, please?
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Skub

Post by Skub »

Neenawwneeenawww!

So, here I sit....
Best wishes to you both.
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Crossing fingers all to be well for Mrs CS and Mrs G xxx
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I changed an inner tube and two spokes today. On three different scooter wheels. I think I now have the hang of refitting the tires, but I'm sure I'll have forgotten by the next time I need to do it :(

Getting the tyres onto the bigger electric scooter wheels seems easier for some reason. A bit weird!!

These are the scooters we have (for the bike park!!!). Hopefully I either won't need to refit any tyres in the next few days or I will at least remember how!! LOL

Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:40 pm

Getting the tyres onto the bigger electric scooter wheels seems easier for some reason. A bit weird!!
Different tyre/rim combo. Sometimes they're easy, sometimes difficult.
Mussels

Post by Mussels »

Neenawwneeenawww!

So, here I sit....
I've had that before, seemed a bit odd being asked to make my own way to A&E by a GP. I spent the night in A&E before being moved to an isolation ward because they had no idea what was wrong, I think I was in there for two weeks but was delerious for much of it.
Best of luck to you both.
Horse

Post by Horse »

Busiest shift so far as a Community First Responder.

Some days I've been logged-on for hours and not had any calls.

Today: three in the first hour, a total of four in three hours (received the third 58 minutes in).

Bad bit was having to lug my kit (including an oxygen cylinder and defib) 0.3 mile. Twice.

Good bits: first call was a false alarm, and ambos arrived before for 2nd and 3rd calls.
Even bland can be a type of character :wave:
Count Steer

Post by Count Steer »

Mussels wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:39 pm

Neenawwneeenawww!

So, here I sit....
I've had that before, seemed a bit odd being asked to make my own way to A&E by a GP. I spent the night in A&E before being moved to an isolation ward because they had no idea what was wrong, I think I was in there for two weeks but was delerious for much of it.
Thanks for all the good vibes everyone. Home again (both of us :thumbup: ). The GP was quite happy to arrange for an ambulance but I was sat there ready to go (half expected it to happen). Have to say the local health services have been ace again (I even found a parking place straight away at the hospital :shock: ). They looked at the ECG that the GP had done, eyebrows went up and woooosh...into a resuss ward. Lots of wires and beep! beeps! Much consultation, some medication, more monitoring for a few hours, follow up plan etc. If anything they've got slicker in the emergency unit since I bothered them a couple of years ago. People were getting seen pretty quickly, so chapeau to them and our local health centre.

Ready for some kip!
Doubt is not a pleasant condition.
But certainty is an absurd one
Voltaire
Mr Moofo

Post by Mr Moofo »

Count Steer wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:17 pm
Mussels wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:39 pm

Neenawwneeenawww!

So, here I sit....
Thanks for all the good vibes everyone. Home again (both of us :thumbup: ). The GP was quite happy to arrange for an ambulance but I was sat there ready to go (half expected it to happen). Have to say the local health services have been ace again (I even found a parking place straight away at the hospital :shock: ). They looked at the ECG that the GP had done, eyebrows went up and woooosh...into a resuss ward. Lots of wires and beep! beeps! Much consultation, some medication, more monitoring for a few hours, follow up plan etc. If anything they've got slicker in the emergency unit since I bothered them a couple of years ago. People were getting seen pretty quickly, so chapeau to them and our local health centre.

Ready for some kip!
Good to hear the update
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Pirahna wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:48 pm
Noggin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:40 pm

Different tyre/rim combo. Sometimes they're easy, sometimes difficult.
As someone that hasn't changed a tyre/tube since I was a kid (and probably just watched my SDad do it!! I can't remember actually doing it, so . . ) it's been an interesting few weeks of learning this stuff!

Weirdly, the changing of spokes and getting them to sound the same as the others is easier than getting the tyre back on these.

In my mind I remember the big scooters being easier - I'll find out later as this morning's job is to put the protector, tube and tyre back on one of the big scooter wheels :D :D :D :D
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

weeksy wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:58 pm

Neenawwneeenawww!

So, here I sit....
Good luck matey
That^

Ps. Mrs. G was discharged on Monday. All good, but tired, drained from the infection, a bit sore post-surgery and very pissed off that she can't go to the gym for a few weeks. Many thanks for all the positive vibes sent. In all seriousness, it meant a lot.

Nurse Gremlin is providing tea and sympathy. :banana-dance:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

The big scooter wheels are definitely easier!!

Although I did think the spoke/inside rim protection he gave me was a bit small. Got it to fit in the end!

The worst bit was trying to get the valve through properly :roll:

But, all done! Ran out of arm to pump it up fully tho, but did manage the refitting of tyre and tube Image

:bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: :bblonde: