What have you done today thread?

General chat topics, anything and everything you want or need to discuss
Bustaspoke

Re: What have you done today thread?

Post by Bustaspoke »

After a fortnight of coughs & snot I managed to get out on the pushbike doing my usual keep fit loop 41KM later & I'm not coughing up nuclear green clag anymore :thumbup:

Skub

Post by Skub »

Bustaspoke wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:47 am After a fortnight of coughs & snot I managed to get out on the pushbike doing my usual keep fit loop 41KM later & I'm not coughing up nuclear green clag anymore :thumbup:
Thanks for sharing. :sick:
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

I've just washed the car, I reckon I've used almost as much water, leccy and product as it would have cost me to let the forin chaps who normally do it better.
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Monthly Kaw meet postponed for a week. Local freeway is closed from mudslides in three different places & the truck route from the 14 to the 5 is now a water feature.
Mountains are doing a good job of keeping the rain at bay (so far) Mostly annoying drizzle here.. but we're supposed to get hammered starting around 3pm.
I remain skeptical...
Scotsrich

Post by Scotsrich »

Just back from a Sat night stay at Granton on Spey with 10 of our bike club. About 360 miles in total.

Nice hotel but disappointing food.

Was a bit wet for an hour on Saturday but considering the forecast we got off lightly.
IMG_0166.jpeg
IMG_0166.jpeg (167.38 KiB) Viewed 563 times
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

mangocrazy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:27 pm Any news on Mrs Gremlin? Hope she makes a full and swift recovery.
Yeah :)
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Yorick wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:21 pm
mangocrazy wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:27 pm Any news on Mrs Gremlin? Hope she makes a full and swift recovery.
Yeah :)
Still in the Surgical Ambulatory Unit, awaiting the procedure. In quite a bit of discomfort but been told it ain't happening this evening. Problem is they want her post-op in a proper ward and there's no room at the inn.

Worst of all she's nil by mouth, so no food or drink for 24 hour periods. Just left her eating another prawn sandwich, from the inside out I reckon. :lol:
All aboard the Peckham Pigeon! All aboard!
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

Just sent this to her on WhatsApp. :P
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Well this *storm* is a fucking joke...

All morning we had "the main part of the storm will be here at 3pm"
At 1pm they changed that to 2pm
At 2pm it stopped raining
At 3pm they said the main part of the storm would be here at 4pm

At 4pm it's barely drizzling...

And just for shits & giggles we had a 5.1 earthquake.

Reporter: "What's the relationship between the storm & the quake?"
Lucy at USGS: "There is no relationship between the storm & the quake"
ZRX61

Post by ZRX61 »

Now these shysters are stating the main part of the storm will be here at 11pm.... & show a weather radar image that makes it obvious the main part passed by hours ago & no fucker noticed.
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Been fairly busy today. Walked the dog twice. Helped daughter collect her glasses and took her to therapy. Emptied our baptistry pool this morning. Had two full immersion Baptisms yesterday (what an incredible joy and delight). Quick admin meeting with parish administrator. Sorted out some details for an interview next month. Checked wife was doing okay in Hungary. Fed dog and cats and myself. Compline tonight at 9pm.

Other stuff in cleaning house (yes wife is home tomorrow....)
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

Parked at the very top of Snake Pass and then walked a couple of miles further up to the crash site of Overexposed, an American RB-29 which came down in 1948.

Loads of bikes out, many being ridden extremely dubiously. One guy over took me and obviously didn't look/think cause he had to dart back in, if i hadn't braked he'd have found an enormous car bonnet and not an empty patch of tarmac.
KungFooBob

Post by KungFooBob »

Mr. Dazzle wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:41 pm Parked at the very top of Snake Pass and then walked a couple of miles further up to the crash site of Overexposed, an American RB-29 which came down in 1948.

Loads of bikes out, many being ridden extremely dubiously. One guy over took me and obviously didn't look/think cause he had to dart back in, if i hadn't braked he'd have found an enormous car bonnet and not an empty patch of tarmac.
Bit far North for you innit?
Mr. Dazzle

Post by Mr. Dazzle »

It's fine, Mrs D can pass as a local and speaks the lingo.
Skub

Post by Skub »

I did more garage tidying and threw out loads of stuff I'll be looking for next week.

I did find my old 6" rule which I'd lost over 20 years ago. This made me disproportionately jolly. 8-)
"Be kind to past versions of yourself that didn't know what you know now."
Walt Whitman
https://soundcloud.com/skub1955
Yorick

Post by Yorick »

the_priest wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:23 pm Been fairly busy today. Walked the dog twice. Helped daughter collect her glasses and took her to therapy. Emptied our baptistry pool this morning. Had two full immersion Baptisms yesterday (what an incredible joy and delight).
We've got a nice pool in our gaff. Think we could get in on the action ? We could chuck in a BBQ after ?

Maybe you could nip over and I'd cut you in on the deal. Obviously in February when it's coldest in UK :D
the_priest

Post by the_priest »

Yorick wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:02 pm
the_priest wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:23 pm Been fairly busy today. Walked the dog twice. Helped daughter collect her glasses and took her to therapy. Emptied our baptistry pool this morning. Had two full immersion Baptisms yesterday (what an incredible joy and delight).
We've got a nice pool in our gaff. Think we could get in on the action ? We could chuck in a BBQ after ?

Maybe you could nip over and I'd cut you in on the deal. Obviously in February when it's coldest in UK :D
In all sincerity, if this is what people truly wanted in affirming faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, I would be there as quickly as possible!

I'd love to visit, cheap beer, warm weather, dogs, bikes and more for enjoyment, what is there not to like? BBQ would be great, albeit I am pescatarian, but people can enjoy their meat if they want to.

:obscene-drinkingcheers: :mrgreen:
Proverbs 17:9
One who forgives an affront fosters friendship, but one who dwells on disputes will alienate a friend.
gremlin

Post by gremlin »

the_priest wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:22 am what is there not to like?
Meet Yoz in the flesh, then decide...

;)
DefTrap

Post by DefTrap »

COVID. Lost my voice, so avoiding work as it's just wall to wall meetings, I wouldn't last 5 minutes.
The missus has taken the opportunity to bog off out and enjoy herself - I check with her that the cleaner isn't coming - no, she's on holiday.

Great - so I can wobble about and do a few chores, go to the dump etc, and then loaf in the garden. Of course at 1pm the cleaner shows up and I have to spend an hour putting all the holidaymaking detritus away so she can get started ....
Noggin

Post by Noggin »

A first for me this morning. A friend has been in resort for a few days, well staying up here and going off doing the cols on his bike (GS something!) each day. The plan had been for me to go pillion one or two days. But after the short pillion last weekend I knew my knee wouldn't cope with a whole day, then I fell at work and have a serious scab and bruising on my knee as well.

I didn't do a whole day but after some serious badgering (he says it was just trying to make me think positively about a pillion trip :roll: ) I agreed to go to the valley this morning with him and get the bus back up after a coffee!

The first? I couldn't put jeans on as that would seriously rub on the scabby bit so my friend insisted that he'd ride very gently and I would be find in shorts!!

I gave in in the end and it was half very liberating going pillion in shorts - half absolutely terrifying as I trusted his riding but that wouldn't be the reason we might end up lying on the road!!

But, it was a good trip down. Knee a bit grumpy but friend fairly happy to have taken me pillion!! He's off to Italy now and I got the bus back up (much more comfortable on the bus in shorts than a bike!! LOL)

I also took a cheesecake to my boss' wife and then went to the garage to check if the monster still starts and to tighten the chain!

Forgot how much of a pain in the butt it is to me to tighten a chain!! But she starts!

Certificate of Conformity on it's way (well, requested by a Ducati dealer in the UK) so I can make a start on the reregistration process and get some insurance for the interseason :D (with transport I can try and get a job in the valley for the next three months!)
Life is for living. Buy the shoes. Eat the cake. Ride the bikes. Just, ride the bikes!! :bblonde: